I just got my drivers license and I'm thinking about buying my first car and I think the Scion tC looks like a pretty...

I just got my drivers license and I'm thinking about buying my first car and I think the Scion tC looks like a pretty good choice. Should I buy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=4AGE&_sacat=0
atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ptd/5788961978.html
goodcarbadcar.net/2016/02/usa-best-selling-cars-january-2016-sales-figures.html
scion.com/cm-pdf/brochures/2016/tc.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Might aswell just get a corolla

This, theres literally no good reason to buy a tC.

You should if you're comfortable paying 1k for a night with a hooker

if that sounds to much for you, then have a look at the sticky

Just buy a civic for 3k.

It's a shit-tier choice.

The tC has a better rear suspension setup, and a larger motor out of the Camry. Most teenagers who have them seem to like them where I'm from. Combined with Toyota reliability, it's not a bad choice. Insurance will be a bitch though.

Except being able to fit a fucking gunsafe in mine.

Otherwise, insurance is huge for these fucking things.

>scion
>good choice
So how did you arrive at that conclusion?

If you have the money and are not leasing, whatever sure.
If you don't better off buying private from the classifieds for something less but bring someone that knows shit if you are clueless.

This so god damn much. TC barely even averages 25-28 mpg with 0 backroad performance because it weighs over 3100 lbs.
It's less reliable, economical, and in most cases less agile than a lighter Corolla. If OP wants sporty he should get a Civic.

>This so god damn much. TC barely even averages 25-28 mpg with 0 backroad performance because it weighs over 3100 lbs.
mine is 30.5 average mpg and climbing lmao.

>he thinks this is good for a Toyota

A 17 year old Corolla averages over 40, costs WAY less to run, weighs 600 lbs less, and could easily outmaneuver a TC any day
This is in addition to the feeling of hydraulic steering, drive by cable, and no ABS

>A 17 year old Corolla averages over 40
Because it has a puny little 1.8 liter.
2AR-FE is 2.5 liter.

it's also a 20 year old clapbox that nobody wants to drive.

You can swap a 4AGE in for less than 500 bucks

And that's a real Toyota engine that came on the FWD Corollas

Opie you sound inexperienced. Just browse used car dealerships from their websites. Or perhaps check Craigslist

>it can be good if you swap the engine!
lmao no shit.
Excuse me while i put an LS4 in my tC.

>that nobody wants to drive.

Fun per dollar, corollas really are the cheapest funnest most reliable analog car you can get for the money- even cheaper than Honda

They even have a few rally wins under their belt along with the celica (something Honda doesn't)

>LS4
>$500 dollar bolt on junkyard swap

No

>Fun per dollar, corollas really are the cheapest funnest most reliable analog car you can get for the money- even cheaper than Honda
Let me tell you something right now.
No normal person looks at a 1999 Corolla and tells themselves it will be fun to drive in any capacity. You're rationalizing your poorfaggotry.

>4AGE
>$500 junkyard swap
No.

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=4AGE&_sacat=0

You just got your license. How about you buy some shit car to get practice on first, before going full retarded and buying a new car as a newb on the road and wrecking it in 2 weeks.

Practice for like 6 months on the road first fuckwad

>ebay

atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ptd/5788961978.html

4AGE's are even cheaper here

>posts a FWD gearbox
Jesus christ the poorfaggots are so fucking stupid.

>No normal person looks at a 1999 Corolla and tells themselves it will be fun to drive in any capacity

>$1000 for a more reliable and cheaper civic
>lightweight
>analog

You just have to look past the hype

*toyota version of a civic

Literally nobody cares about a 1999 Corolla.
Veeky Forums is not representative of normal people.
Nobody will choose a 99 Corolla over any modern car.

a lot of people do, they just aren't as hyped up as Hondas because the performance models/engines are less well known

Toyota was the first Japanese manufacturer to win rally events and they did so with both the Celica and Corolla. They can be decent platforms and are very popular in Auto-x and rallycross.

>they just aren't as hyped up as Hondas because the performance models/engines are less well known

You mean other Toyotas like Celica, MR2 etc.

>Toyota was the first Japanese manufacturer to win rally events and they did so with both the Celica and Corolla. They can be decent platforms and are very popular in Auto-x and rallycross.

Once again, nobody cares about that because they aren't building a rally car. If they were it would be a Subaru.
There is no reason to buy a shitbox Corolla over a tC.

>There is no reason to buy a shitbox Corolla over a tC

>cheaper
>massively cheap parts availability
>racing pedigree attainable performance

>If they were it would be a Subaru
Decent Subarus cost 10x as much and have a third of the reliability/practicality.

Americans really need to get over themselves and how they view cars marketed as "econoboxes" that still have excellent platforms.

>Americans really need to get over themselves and how they view cars marketed as "econoboxes" that still have excellent platforms

This is true. Basically anything not marketed here as a "sports car" gets looked down upon as being unworthy of usable performance.

It's quite sad when there's a lot of cheap equally comparable fun/performance to be had out of these little shitboxes.

>>cheaper
Scion is the budget friendly brand.

>>massively cheap parts availability
Lmao Scions are just Toyotas, they're built on the same fucking parts.

>>racing pedigree attainable performance
Your 99 Corolla isn't fast get over it.

>Americans really need to get over themselves and how they view cars marketed as "econoboxes" that still have excellent platforms.
Corolla is an econobox
Corolla is an econobox.
Everyone thinks they are boring, soulless commuter cars and they are right because that's all they are. Scions are too but at least a tC trunk space is bigger than your apartment.

>Corollas are cheaper
>More reliable
>They outnumber Scions 1000 to 1 so parts are cheaper/more attainable
>Lightweight, nimble, short wheelbase, low drag
>Analog

Nah, you're just an ignorant hater who doesn't know how to have fun like us on a budget. We do it different across the pond.

>Scions are too but at least a tC trunk space is bigger than your apartment

You really are a fucking idiot aren't you? Have fun with your pigfat broke bitch commuter wannabe GT86.

That's because they're teenagers. They get this car because it's cheap and looks fast. I always have these fuckers trying to race my civic si and they somehow think they can win with less horesepower, more weight, and no VTEC.

OP, get yourself a civic, camry, or corolla.

>We do it different across the pond.
lmao

>yfw TC can't compete

Compete with what lmao?
tC is a grocery getter but it'll always be better than any 99 Corolla.

>comparing highly modified race cars with no factory parts to factory cars
>they...th...they are the same!!! My car is race car!

>but it'll always be better-

No, I'm afraid it never will user. The TC will always be the fake sporty GT86 that's less efficient, reliable, practical, and as fast as a Corolla.
>Implying light modded ones aren't just as capable at a slightly lower level

You really have no idea how many wins these cars have, do you?

*not

I have a corolla and even though its a 1.8 and the tc is a 2.5 there doesnt seem to be much a difference in performance. Get what you want but the insurance is better on the corolla.

do whatever you want OP, but the scion tc still looks like a compact SUV

>No, I'm afraid it never will user.
wrong
>The TC will always be the fake sporty GT86 that's less efficient, reliable, practical, and as fast as a Corolla.
Even more wrong.

The TC is neither sporty nor as practical/nimble as the Corolla
Every review out for it also states that it's awful and not worth the money at all

It's garbage made for teenage girls and swagstancefags

>The TC is neither sporty
I never disagreed,

>practical
Here's where you fucked up.

>nimble as the Corolla
Corollas aren't as nimble as Corollas.
Who cares about how nimble a car is anyway if it's just a piece of shit.
Oh, my bad, you need that to pretend to be a raceboi on the "toegay"

>It's garbage made for teenage girls and swagstancefags

Civic*

>compact SUV

It's cheaper to maintain, run, and gets better mpg. The Corolla is more practical.

Toyota entered the Corolla in a professional championship motorsport competition and won multiple times.
Being over 600 lbs lighter than the TC, it does in fact handle better and is more nimble.

>he doesn't know about project genesis or project exodus

"Project Genesis was a plan by the Toyota Motor Sales USA to attract more youthful buyers to the company's products. Widely considered by the media to be one of Toyota's worst flops, the experiment provided the foundation for Toyota's Scion marque. In response, Toyota chose to launch a separate marque, an effort called Project Exodus. A Los Angeles-based digital design company, Fresh Machine, was retained by Toyota to develop the brand, logo, and website. This project became known as Scion. Toyota had previously participated in a project in Japan with other Japanese companies who attempted to market products to younger buyers."

>buying a car literally marketed to fucking broke ignorant teenagers

At least the Civic wasn't marketed to fucking retards like you

The TC is marketed as a "sports car" you pathetic garbage barge

of course handling is important- are you fucking retarded?

>It's cheaper to maintain, run,
Scion is Toyota. Nice meme though.

>gets better mpg
Because it's burning 700ccs less.

>The Corolla is more practical.
Nope.

>Toyota entered the Corolla in a professional championship motorsport competition and won multiple times.
Heavily modified, as well as a tC.
It's a ship of Theseus

>At least the Civic wasn't marketed to fucking retards like you
But fucking retards like you keep buying them.

>Scion is Toyota. Nice meme though.
Corolla parts are cheaper than TC parts. You're retarded

>Nope
Costs less to run and has 4 doors and a trunk. Seriously, are you retarded??

>as well as a tC
TRD has NEVER directly entered a TC in any competition ever. They only supplied parts. You are officially fucking retarded- wow.

>completely ignores the fact Scion is made retarded children such as himself and has successfully brainwashed
You're off the deep into an abyss of retardation I don't think you'll ever escape user. I pity you.

get a wrx

>Corolla parts are cheaper than TC parts.
HOLY SHIT LMAO

>Costs less to run and has 4 doors and a trunk. Seriously, are you retarded??
Nobody wants sedans anymore. Much less fagwagons.
Trunk space is massive in a tC.

>TRD has NEVER directly entered a TC in any competition ever.
Quote where i said they did please. I'll wait.

>You're off the deep into an abyss of retardation I don't think you'll ever escape user. I pity you.
It's my DD user, i bought a boring commuter car for my boring commute but since i'm not a poorfag i own more than one car.

No male with any amount of testosterone would want to drive a TC either.

so apples to apples the corolla is a better choice.

just buy one of the early generation ones with a manual trans and save the rest of your money. they aren't really fun but for a DD they're bretty gud

>HOLY SHIT LMAO
Is this a form of turrets? Yeah, corolla parts are cheaper and so are the tires.

>Nobody wants sedans anymore. Much less fagwagons. Trunk space is massive in a tC.
Sedans are more practical, that was the point. 4 doors will always be more practical than 2 you fucking ignorant mong.

>Quote where i said they did please. I'll wait.
>heavily modified as well as a tC
>as well as a tc
You're alluding to tC being similar entrant as the TRD Corolla, which TRD has never competed with one

>i bought a boring commuter car
The TC was sold as a sports car- how fucking oblivious can you be!?!

You are brainwashed product of Scion marketing to ignorant children. I hope you are proud of yourself.

>he bought the shittiest sport coupe ever offered in the past 2 decades
>n-no i-it's just a boring commuter car guys

>Is this a form of turrets? Yeah, corolla parts are cheaper and so are the tires.
tCs are built using the same parts as the rest of Toyota.
Believing any different is your poorfaggotry trying to rationalize your 300k mile Corolla.

>Sedans are more practical
Cool, it's a dying class of vehicle. Coupes outnumber Sedans.

>You're alluding to tC being similar entrant as the TRD Corolla, which TRD has never competed with one
No i didn't say any of that. I simply posted a picture of a tC used in motorsports and you got triggered lmao.

>The TC was sold as a sports car
SWEET! I didn't buy it under the assumption it was a sports car but people who talk to me like it more than a soulless husk that is a Camry or a Corolla.

>>n-no i-it's just a boring commuter car guys
I even said it was a boring commuter car, see here.

>i bought a boring commuter car for my boring commute but since i'm not a poorfag i own more than one car.
Try again.

Why would you buy a car soon to be discontinued from a defunct division of Toyota?

Insurance rates are right up there at WRX levels, except without the performance worth justifying for paying it.

>tCs are built using the same parts as the rest of Toyota.
Cheap simple 90's Toyota parts? No. The TC is more expensive to maintain and run- period. The Corolla uses much simpler and cheaper parts.

>Coupes outnumber Sedans
The Camry, Corolla, Civic and Accord are the highest selling cars of all time in the US.
Even the Ford Model T had 4 doors- what is wrong with you?

>No i didn't say any of that.
You said "as well as". That groups them together.

>I didn't buy it under the assumption it was a sports car
We know, because you're retarded.

>I even said it was a boring commuter car, see here.
The only thing here is your ignorance and how pathetic you are

>Try again.
You being fucking retarded and ignorant led you to buy the worst sports car in a decade that's slower/more expensive than a Corolla as commuter car.

Even if you have another car, you're still a complete fucking joke as an owner. I don't believe you own shit.

>Cheap simple 90's Toyota parts?
lol
>The TC is more expensive to maintain and run- period. The Corolla uses much simpler and cheaper parts.
luhmayo

>The Camry, Corolla, Civic and Accord are the highest selling cars of all time in the US.
Sedans are dying deal w/it.

>We know, because you're retarded.
Nah, it would be retarded to buy it thinking it was a sports car.
Kind of like how it's retarded that you think your 100 million mile Corolla is a sports car.

>The only thing here is your ignorance and how pathetic you are
>this asspained

>You being fucking retarded and ignorant led you to buy the worst sports car in a decade that's slower/more expensive than a Corolla as commuter car.
There goes your autism again lmao.

>Even if you have another car,
3*

I loved my 99 Corolla CE 5 speed. Manuverability I understand.

If I was OP I'd save half my money and get a 7th Gen Celica. Same fucking car for half the price. Better if you can get one with the 2zz engine.

Miss that Rolla.

>Sedans are dying deal w/it.
goodcarbadcar.net/2016/02/usa-best-selling-cars-january-2016-sales-figures.html
>Camry (coupe solara discontinued), Civic (sedan highest #s), Corolla (coupe was discontinued), Altima (coupe was discontinued)

>Nah, it would be retarded to buy it thinking it was a sports car.
It was built and marketed as a sports car, you're either dumb or just oblivious.

>Kind of like how it's retarded that you think your 100 million mile Corolla is a sports car.
FWD Corollas had sport trims, but was not marketed as a sports car like the TC

>this asspained
Can you at least say one thing that isn't a flat out garbage ass ignorant lie then? Just one fact with even a little evidence??

No, you can't. You're fucking lying sack of dogshit who's obviously underage and doesn't own shit.

TC is a girl's car

It was built and marketed as a sports car,
kek pic related.

>FWD Corollas had sport trims,
And they were still a piece of shit just like the luxury trims.

>Can you at least say one thing that isn't a flat out garbage ass ignorant lie then? Just one fact with even a little evidence??

No, you can't. You're fucking lying sack of dogshit who's obviously underage and doesn't own shit.
Speak for yourself poorfaggot.
Have fun with your scrawny 1.8l.

>half the price

I meant, quarter of the price.

>kek pic related
scion.com/cm-pdf/brochures/2016/tc.pdf
>“Most Dependable
Compact Sporty Car”
Even Wiki says it's a sports compact. Again, you're either dumb or oblivious.

>And they were still a piece of shit
Toyota thought they were good enough to enter into competition themselves and won. Speaks volumes.

>Have fun with your scrawny 1.8l
You have no fucking clue what I do or don't own, but as fucking retarded- no one would give you the time of day let alone a license you fucking idiot.

>Again, you're either dumb or oblivious.
I just don't care.
Corolla BTFO.

TC is equally as gay as the corolla, why would you finance such a trash car

save up more money, drive around a 20 year old shitbox for a year or two longer and buy something decent

>showing your ignorance again, and again, and again-

t. salty poorfag

>spiritual successor to the Toyota Celica made to appeal to the Millennial market
They could've just continued with the Celica tbqh.

low sales, safety, and emissions basically destroyed TRD

Then the US Americanized the shit out of them
sad really

If muh safeties and ecofaggotry weren't an issue do you reckon sales would've picked up again? The 2ZZ was a nice little engine.

>bus-cucking over a Corolla

wew. I hope you're posting that to defend your supercharged shitbox's honour and not because you're benchretard.

I posted it for the sake of information. Most people are unaware that there was a stock from factory supercharged Corolla. It wasn't just some bolt on TRD a la carte option like the tc

>has to resort to forced induction to beat a tC
>A FUCKING tC
LMAO
M
A
O

>sport compact
>still slower than an econobox

That graph you posted showed the Corolla XRS was also faster being almost 10 years old

>That graph you posted showed the Corolla XRS was also faster being almost 10 years old
It was in no way faster than any tC produced.
Get your eyes checked.
>needs forced induction to make his clapbox faster than a grocery getter
How fucking miserable is this? This is like standing on the bridge ready to jump-tier desperation.

So why is a Toyota sport compact slower than a Toyota econobox user?

I don't know why a Corolla is slower than a tC user other than no replacement for displacement.

>he just admitted the corolla is a sport compact

So why do you think the Corolla is a sports car all of a sudden?

>implying the Corolla wasn't always

TC a gay

I didn't admit anything. Alls i said was i don't know why Corollas are slower than tCs.
Really though pigfat cars making huge power is generally better than puny engines in petite cars.
Your shitbox still isn't faster than the massive landboats of the 70s.

Get a car that you enjoy driving. Don't rely on the autists that post here. If you listen to them you'll end up with like one of three shitty meme cars.

What would've made it not gay? If it were RWD and a competitor to the 370Z?

He said earlier they never were

>Corolla is an econobox
>Corolla is an econobox.
>Everyone thinks they are boring, soulless commuter cars and they are right because that's all they are.

>I didn't admit anything
I asked you why the "sport compact" was slower and you stated you don't know why the corolla was the slower one. Which means you interpreted my statement for the sport compact being the Corolla.

>>I didn't admit anything
Quote me where i explicity said Corolla is a sport coupe.
I never typed those words or acknowledged you when you typed them.
All i said was
>I don't know why a Corolla is slower than a tC user other than no replacement for displacement.
You are so desperate that even your damage control doesn't make any cents.

>What would've made it not gay?

>less weight
>more aerodynamic
>higher quality materials/parts worth the price
>not being marketed as a sport compact

>>more aerodynamic
Are you aware that you can only bend air so much?

>I asked you why the "sport compact" was slower
Because terms like "sport compact" are shitty marketing memes. For the same reason nobody can decide what a sports car is because

>muh miatals
>lel pigfat
>no power
>4-doors in the trash

etc.

Also because the tC a shit. Marketed as "sporty" in the same way a 1.8l NA Corolla is a Corolla "Sport". Sports trims are a scam now.

So basically a "hot hatch" as the Euros call it?

me: So why is a Toyota sport compact slower than a Toyota econobox user?
you replying: I don't know why a Corolla is slower

You assumed the corolla was the sport compact fucking- retard

>You assumed the corolla was the sport compact fucking- retard
Nope.
I was only posting the supreme truth that tCs are faster than Corollas. The sooner you accept this truth the sooner we can move on to another thread.

Terms like sport compact and econobox don't have meaning to me.

>that tCs are faster than Corollas
Explain It is a Corolla doing driving things faster than a tC. If you have a tC and need to defend it's honour, go race some cunt with this exact model Corolla.

TCs are pigfat can't turns that even Toyota doesn't want to race

Toyota cares more about the Corolla, because they knew it was a capable platform and proved it

The tc is nothing but millennial scam marketing garbage as shown by the project it was created under

>Explain
>one uses forced induction
That's like my coming up to you on a motorcycle and saying it's better than your Schwinn.
They are two different things or, nobody has a supercharged corolla.

>FWDs are pigfat can't turns
Here you go. I don't need to do hektik turns on my commute though.

>They are two different things
TRD offered supercharger for the TC (why are you so ignorant?)

You have no commute. You're too dumb hold a job, license, or car.

*to

So a Corolla beat a tC.

>nobody has a supercharged corolla
Clearly someone does. It was made, after all.