Ford vs Dodge vs Mazda

Sup Veeky Forums

If you were given the choice between a 1.0l ecoboost Focus, a Dart Aero, and a base trim Mazda3 (all six speed manuals) which would you choose?

What are your reasons?

I ask because next Spring I'm buying a fuel efficient grocery getter. I live in the boonies with work being a 45min drive on mountains roads and the nearest food store 30min drive away.
I've only lived here about 8 months and I've put almost 20k miles on my truck. Income-wise I can afford the fuel guzzler but I would prefer to use my truck only for work on the days that I need a truck.
I like the way these three vehicles look and they are are fuel efficient. Going new because it is going to rack up a lot of miles very fast and I want it to last as long as possible.

Mazda 3, you'll have the most fun, most reliable, easiest to maintain car out of the 3

The Ford because I'm not a queer. Like what kind of self respecting man would ever drive a Mazda?

Either the Ford or the Mazda would be a good choice, but the Mazda will have the best resale if you decide to sell down the line. Just don't buy the shitty Dodge

I would probably go with the mazda

>ever considering a dodge product

Mazda3 is garbage.
Road noise at 35 mph is like a normal car at 85 mph.
Zero sound deadening.
Glass is as thick as paper, you can hear dust slamming against it.

I would take a ford, dodge, gm, Toyota, Hyundai, or even a friggin rusted out yugo before I bought that piece of shit Mazda.

Mazda > Ford > Dodge

+1 for Mazda

I would buy the Dart, it probably is the cheapest price wise, and it definitely has the most interior room as well as the most cargo space.

ford ecoboosts have a problem with fouling on the valves and they have not been able to remedy, there have been many technical bulletins about it but no solution. Mazda is like Plus mazda is probably the most $$ out of the 3 .. I have not even checked but I would bet money on it.

>valve fouling
>no solution

there's been solutions for this for years you dunce

Seriously

Get the Mazda and don't even worry about looking back. You'll be having too much fun and best ownership experience going forward . . .

As long as you get one that was manufactured in Japan and not Mexico...

FCA mechanic here. Dodge dart is a shit. If you buy a dart also buy a quality aftermarket clutch kit for when the oem pressure plate fails around 50k. Can't speak for the focus but did used to own a fiesta. Other than the ddc being a pile of shit it was a good car. I suppose a manual one would be a good choice. Currently own a 16 mazda 3 and love it. Someone posted about it having road noise but I call bullshit on that.
>implying any car in ops price range is gonna have sufficient sound deadening.

None. I'd move closer to work. If you can't do that then I'd shut up and buy a civic for 3k.

civic is horribly ugly

Wouldn't you rather sacrifice looks so you can have more money working for you so you don't have to?

maybe to a teenage girl

Mazda 3 without a doubt. Best quality out of the three, probably the most expensive out of the 3 by a few grand but definitely worth the little bit of extra scrap. It's most fun you'll get in a fuel efficient sedan for the buck, especially in stick. SkyActiv is a meaty little bastard, too, considering the size of the car it's in.

Which trims are you looking at, OP?

Also this, make sure it's manufactured in Japan just check the serial.

Another vote for Mazda here.
I was in the same boat you were in before I settled on my '16 Mazda3. Never looked back.

Dodge Dart

nice b8

Only the s models are made in Japan.

I'm serious

then get an s model