Why the fuck does it cost so much to replace a 2000 Toyota Camry windshield?

Why the fuck does it cost so much to replace a 2000 Toyota Camry windshield?
Fuck
Expensive repairs thread, what're you dealing with?

who is that quote from?

That's not a lot you tard. All windshields are upwards of $100. Even super commona shitboxes cost like $140 with intallation.

Cost of labour and parts. That's not a bad price.

>$230
>a lot for a windshield replacement

Thanks for the laugh, OP.

Yeah what the hell OP, Id be pleased with that price.

>A giant sheet of glass is expensive
Nooooo really? And that's nothing, rear window replacement for my old Porsche 924 was almost $600

>Its a OP thinks "my car isnt worth much so my repair should be proportionally cheap" episode

Not surprised, many retards think this way. Met a qt at the bus stop the other day. She overheard me talking on the phone about picking up a car (old one was totaled) and started talking to me about how she was taking the bus because she hit some ladies van the other day and her car was at impound.

Poor thing seriously thought because the van was ~$1500 KBB, that it would only cost $200 to replace the door. And that after she picked her car up at the impound for only the $80 fee, and payed her $700 citation, that she would get out of the whole mess for less than $1k.

The older woman sitting and next to me and I told her the hard truth that that $80 impound fee was per day and that she needed to get the car out ASAP because she already lost $500+ on that. Neither of us had the heart to tell her that to replace the door on a van, especially if the door mechanism broke, not to mention the fact that the lady she hit was no doubt going to sue her ass for mental damage to the kids etc., was going to cost a small fortune.

She was fucked real good lads. Better to leave her to sleep the next night or two before the court date thinking she was fine. Shame too, because she was 8/10 and clearly trying to flirt. But no way in hell was I about to get involved in that trainwreck.

That's a decent price for a wind shield.

I just dumped like 1600 into my shit box grand prix since it was parked for 2 years. I had a 2015 WRX that I bought new but it got totaled out by some fuckboi in moms mini van. I got what I paid for it back and with my law suit coming i'll get a lot more but I kinda wanna wait till the new body style comes out.

So I went to get my old Grand Prix back on the road that has just been sitting in my backyard since I got the WRX. After spraying some oil in the cylinders I go it running but the rear cover started pissing out coolant. Pulled the engine, replace that, the rear main seal, oil pan gaskets, and valve cover gaskets. Put it back in, runs great. But even when I parked it it needed struts all around and front control arms. Did all that, get it on the road. Loud as hell, the resonator is rusted away. Took it to a shop to have them weld in a straight pipe. Now it sounds right.

But all along i'm having to air up the tires because they are all dry rotted and one of the rims is dented. Got the rim repaired and then tossed on 4 Continental true contacts and its riding great. Might toss 200 bucks more into it for a stereo upgrade.

How far off is the new WRX? 3 years? Figure if I drive this car for 3 years then unload it for 800 bucks it would have been more then worth it.

Spent like $1k to get my clutch/throw out bearing replaced because the bearing was making noise. 2000 miles later the bearing started making noise again.

Ended up getting rid of the car.

>for my old Porsche 924 was almost $600
lol, that's absolutely nothing for a back glass.

Modern windshields, backglass, and side glass can easily go over $1000 if it's not a super popular car like a honda accord

If you removed the bearing you propably reset the slave cylinder. This happened to me, i changed everything, flywheel, pilot, throwout, clutch assembly,but didn't change hydrualics. So after i tossed everything back together it made noises at times. All i had to do was vacuum pump my slave cylinder and bleed out all air bubbles trapped inside. Worked like a dream afterwards. You shouldn't have sold it...

Replacement sunroof for a fox body mustang is $850, just the glass- no installation.

Come back when your bill's over $2,000

If it's a common car like that, try to find one with a good windshield at a junkyard that you can pull for $30.

Also $220 is cheap as fuck.

>Expensive repairs thread
>$228 for a windshield & installation
>expensive

230$ installed is pretty good for a windshield if they do a good install.

OP are you retarded? My mom's Jeep's windshield is almost smaller than that and it costs $250 to replace.

My Suburban's is fuckhuge compared to your shitbox and that only costs $270. What are you bitching about? If that's a lot you're either very poor or Jewish.

Yeah, That was a used ebay back glass, I couldn't even fuckin' find someone that'd sell my a new one

My 04 spec V came out to $750 in repairs for the rear wheel bearings because I had to find a machine shop In my area to press them in.

That's cheap man, it would cost 600$ here in commie vikingland