Reliability/cheap parts, or fun?

Buick: boring, but nice. Cheap parts, good gas mileage, brand new tires

BMW: fun, but expensive. Expensive parts and service, worse gas mileage, exemplifies my virginity

I would be paying in cash so financing is not involved. My heart says the BMW, but my brain says Buick (China loves the shit out of the Buick; parts everywhere).

I know Veeky Forums will make fun of both the cars, but if anyone with some experience with either vehicle could help me out, I would appreciate it.

Is the BMW inherently a bad idea? I've always avoided post-80's BMW since I've heard of their reliability issues.

Neither. Just buy a civic for 3k or an accord for 6k.

Correction: 535xi

Not 528xi

My bad

this meme needs to die

Buick if you want to ride maximum comfy.

Buick isnt quite as bad post bail out era GM

And yes chinks love buicks so parts will be plentiful

Why? What do those cars do that a 6k accord v6 can't?

They look better inside and out and tell people you're not poor enough that you can't afford something nicer than used jap cars with stabbed seats

So, for the 535...

The N54 has high pressure fuel pump issues. These have sense been resolved via recall. If it hasn't been done by now you might be out of luck.

Also, the engine is DI. Get a decarb and tune-up done at the same time, and make sure the plugs are new as well.

Lastly, the waste gate rattle. It requires a turbo replacement.

You're worried too much about your appearance. The wealthiest people don't drive very nice cars. Warren buffet drives/drove a Cadillac dts. Stop trying to keep up with the Joneses, they're broke.

stop buying your clothes from Walmart

I don't buy from Walmart but I also don't spend the $600/year average

Money and image is not everything. It's better to have a valuable personality and a shit car than to have a shit personality and a valuable car.

Buy an A-Body Buick Century. Those things are tanks.

What the fuck is wrong with spending the average? That's the fuckign middle for crying out loud

OP here

Thanks for replies supporting Buick

Any replies supporting BMW?

A-anyone?

(it looks so much more fun)

Don't think I'd bother with a boat like a 28xi even if it were in a 3 series, DESU.

A regal gs with a manual is the only acceptable Buick.

See
I liked my '08 535xit a lot. But there are things you should know going in.

Man the E60 5 Series is not ageing well at all is it?

Buicks are the shit. I don't see any point on spending 9k on one with 125k miles though. Just go on craigslist and buy grandma's W body with 60k miles for 4k.

>Buicks are the shit

But it's not really a Buick though ;)

>It's better to have a valuable personality and a shit car
spoken like a true muh gud sir

I live in Germany. Own a '00 e39 523i. Reliable as fuck, if you're a mechanic yourself its just as cheap as driving a rabbit/golf or similar fwd shitboxes.

>buick
>cheap parts
are you that fucking retarded?

the BMW is miles better to drive and has a waay better interior
parts are priced similarly

>acdelco parts
>BMW parts
>same price

fuck off

Neither, just get something that's fun and isn't fucking expensive. With 11 grand as your budget your options are almost limitless. That was the ugliest generation of bmws anyways, so if you're just buying a car to look rich you're looking at the wrong fucking car amigo

Besides, the Buick and BMW are both gonna be shit for expenses. If you absolutely need a 4 door sedan get a Subaru or something similar imo.