If you were the CEO of a new automaker, what would you build?

If you were the CEO of a new automaker, what would you build?

Other urls found in this thread:

holeshot-racing.co.uk/index.php/engines/h1-v8-busa
autoevolution.com/news/1500-hp-twincharged-corvette-zr1-keeps-factory-supercharger-adds-massive-turbo-104911.html
youtu.be/3EaCnDCsslM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>slightly less retarded headlights
>powered by a V8 made with a pair of Fireblade engines joined at the crank
>12k rpm redline
>Electric motor on the crank supplied by a small supercapacitor for low end torque
>6 speed manual transaxle with a Torsen LSD

Two seaters with a liquid piston engine at each wheel and a torque vectoring computer powering them, and no downforce and wheels slightly too small for the power transfer so that you can do four wheel powerslides all damn day long.

>powered by a V8 made with a pair of Fireblade engines joined at the crank
Are you that retarded?

Considering people have made V8s using Hayabusa engines, no

>All Carbon Fiber body
>V8 Engine Twin Charged with 2 Turbos
>Two Electric Engines in the back ala NSX for that instant Torque on top of the V8s retarded amounts of Torque
>Roll cage'd
>Nothing luxury aside aside from AC and an Aux port
>Ability to Run off solely the Electric engine for those sweet tax kick backs
>Made in America, by Americans
>New front end inspired by the C3, pop up lights and all
>RWD with a Viper style wing for max down force

so you wanna make the perfect car, that will constantly break down because amerifats can't build things properly

sincerely, an import only buyer

>Hondacucks mattering

>Corvette Mako Shark
>$200,000

Would you?

A network of offshore accounts to embezzle money to buy cars that are better than what my dumbass can think of

High Density Electric Powered STEAM engine car
>ultra lightweight aluminum chassis
>titanium and carbon fiber body
>4 stroke steam engine with vapor recapturing
>vacuum lines everywhere
>inline axle "alternator" for in-motion trickle recharging
>could get upwards 350 miles @ 65MPH on a single charge
>only drawback is having to stop to fill up on water

It makes too much sense, no one will ever build it.

>4 stroke steam engine

>Electric
Half-ton truck for the masses.

>gas
RWD mid-size and compact sedans.

>revive the geo metro
>make it rwd
>drop in an ls2
>no changes in how it looks

stroke steam engine
What, would you rather have a Steam Rotary engine?

A steam turbine would be overkill unless you really want "Muh performance!" and get up to 220MPH

You'd be making a whole new crankcase for two engines that are being produced by someone who isn't you.
You're supposed to be an automaker, not a one-off ghetto rig.

Just cast your own V8s.

Because automakers aren't allowed to use engines from other manufacturers and modify them to meet their own needs...

I'm ignorant on how conventional steam piston engines work. why do you have to compress the steam on the upstroke? it seems like the engine would fight itself just to run. it was my understanding old steam piston engines would push out the steam on the upstroke and as the piston was going back down the intake would open and allow more steam to enter.

>Because automakers aren't allowed to use engines from other manufacturers and modify them to meet their own needs...
That's retarded for production and profitability.
Why pay Honda for two engines when you can make your own, while, you are producing a crankcase for your meme frankenV8.

Bare bones compact trucks with dead reliable 4 cylinder diesel. Everything is manual. 4x4. 40 gallon tank. Air conditioning. Starting under 20,000.

Trueno replicas.
Millions of the fuckers.
Options include:
>engines
0.8 I3
1.6 I4 (4AG, 4AF, 4AG 20v)
1.6 I4 Turbo (4AGT)
1.8 I4 (2ZZ-GE)
>transmissions
5 speed manual
6 speed manual
5 speed automatic w/ paddleshifters
>Trims
Base (4AF, 5M, 5A optional)
Eco (4AF, 5M, I3 optional)
SR-5 (4AG, 5M, 5A optional, 6M optional)
GT-S (4AG, 5M, 6M optional, 4AGT optional)
GT-Apex (4AG, 5M, 6M optional, 4AG 20v optional)
GT-Z (4AGT, 6M, 2ZZ-GE optional)
>other packages
Levin package (fixed lights, with selected trim)
Commercial package (Hi-Tech paint scheme, company name written on driver side, GT-Apex trim)

I think more about this than I should. I'd make a fun/sporty econobox focused company

>main selling point is the ultra-high compression HCCI engines that provide fuel econony/emissions as good as hybrids, but are way more powerful and fun to drive
>one compact car chassis that can be easily modified into a midsize/subcompact chassis to streamline things
>strictly NA inline engines with one bore/stroke (499cc) to further streamline production, with 3/4/5/6/8 cylinder variants that can be bought in regular/premium/super premium gasoline tunes, called ICEcold (as in, internal combustion engine, non-spark ignition)
>comes in "quadcoupe" liftback (think RX-8/Saturn Ion) as the main chassis, with notchback, subcompact hatch, midsize sedan, 2-seat coupe, roadster, and 6-seat wagon styles
>multiple front fascia styles that simply bolt off and bolt on, giving illusion of more car variety
>middle seat removed for a vertical chassis brace that allows for rollover protection while having thinner pillars, better visibility is advertised
>RWD or AWD options
>comes in a huge variety of trims of varying combinations ("eco" would be a 3cyl hatch, "sport" would be a 5cyl notch, "race" would be a 8cyl coupe, "roadtrip" a 4cyl wagon, "vip" a luxury 6cyl sedan, "joy" a 4cyl roadster, etc)
>can be custom ordered to make any combination of chassis/engine/drivetrain/fascia/interior possible

Thoughts?

>>main selling point is the ultra-high compression HCCI engines that provide fuel econony/emissions as good as hybrids, but are way more powerful and fun to drive
This is what'll bankrupt your company before it even starts.

Then just use these instead you autistic reject
holeshot-racing.co.uk/index.php/engines/h1-v8-busa

>hondacuck
>implying

>would you?
WOULD I?!

Lightweight track focused single and twin cylinder motorcycles, wet weight would never be allowed to exceed 150kg

Look m8, I understand what you're thinking about and it's not a bad idea.
But as someone who works in a factory, the more materials that you source from a parent company/yourself, the less downtime you'll have in production.
We make shit for other companies as well as our own brand.
Every single week we give up on some puny small order because there's no point in making it for someone.

>Become CEO of Ford
>Bring back the Model T name
>Use the same Bullshit loophole the Axiel Atom uses to be street legal

>it's a throwback to the rat rod culture of yesteryear while still being modern
>Not a single safety feature, you gotta put the seatbelts in if you want em
>All Carbon Fiber whenever possible, aluminum everywhere else
>Talk some kinda deal with Dodge and put the Hellcat in the bitch, with a super charger and two turbos aswell as some other tweaks to get it to 1000+ HP
>Only comes in Black

Ford Model T "Reaper"

Would you buy it Veeky Forums?

>turn key

>tork breaks the driveshaft and it goes right in your ass and out of your mouth

That's a lawsuit waiting to happen

No. Fight it all you want you'll still need a load of electronics and smog shit in that thing.

That's not what I personally want in a classic roadster.

Veeky Forums is 18+ only

Fuck California laws.

Why would anyone want this?

Safety is the most important part of a car.

>Safety is the most important part of a car.

>I'm ignorant on how conventional steam piston engines work
A Stanley car had a simple 2 piston steam engine and a potential 150 HP
A 4 piston engine simply doubles the HP output.
Though really with steam the HP is dependent on the boiler capacity.

As to the question, the upstroke on the piston created vacuum; which is either "gained" power to the engine or can be bled off for "accessories" like power windows, wipers, pop-up lamps, etc.

Why not use a Ford engine?

Koenigsegg CCR had a Modular in it, 817HP. The Ford GT used for the street legal speed record has a Modular making 1700HP. Coyote should be even more potent.

did you confuse stroke with cylinders then?

Also, just how the fuck does the upstroke on the piston create vacuum? I'm genuinely curious

So he's Elon Musk for ICE. I'll take 10.

THe GT engine is a lot less wrenchable than the Hellcat.

Plus a v6 is for cucks.

He actually has to make something first

I would make a car that is powered by laptop batteries and then rob the taxpayer for billions of dollars.

Oh wait, that's been done already, hasn't it? Think it'll work again?

Turbine generator powered hybrid supercar. There'd only be a small battery pack for taxing the car around parking lots or whatever and a capacitor bank to dump power to the motors when you hit a big "Boost" button on the wheel. It'll also weigh under a ton and probably be a deathtrap which will add to it's allure for rich Arabs.

>make a street legal top fuel dragster
>fuck over every other manufacturer for years because best top speed, quarter mile, and 0-60
>then make a street legal formula car to hold the record at all tracks possible
>bugatti btfo
>hennessy btfo
>koenegssegg btfo
without companies shooting for numbers they start focusing on making decent drivers cars again
>the world is decent again

So this?

I'd just sell the Sledgehammer as its own car.

top fuel produces 7 times that, and that car would just be a burnout machine like the hellcat, i'm talking about a legitimate top fuel that can do 0-300 in 4.5 fucking seconds

V8 coupe with roughly 300 HP and rwd

Pretty small V8 to make only 300HP in 2016. Mustang and Camaro already make around 450HP naturally aspirated.

If it's a inline-5 I'm super interested though.

A normal fucking car.
Someone just build a normal fucking car.

You're forgetting that the car itself only weighs like 400lbs

While the Challenger is 4,449 lbs

>$500000 msrp

Okay?

The Ford GT starts at 400,000

It's a super car Corvette.

A pair of afterburners normally found on a f-14 fighter jet

a sports sedan that can actually beat the CTS-V, but we all know thats impossible because the CTS-V is perfection

the Icaras Sungod
no wheels
doesnt rely on traditional lift to stay airborne yet still kinda tethered to the ground so its in a whole new vehicle type
no laws for its class
does 700 km/h
its perfect

>TFW Wipeout will never be real
>tfw modern motorsports are so regulated its no longer fun

>tfw Pierre Belmondo was supposed to be born and at this point already working on AG tech
>tfnone of this shit will ever happen except maybe the plague returning in Basilico, Nova Scotia

fuckin shit being retarded let me finish my post

>tfw europe might become a federation so F.E.I.S.A.R. might atleast become a thing but thats it

It kills me that both Wipeout and F-Zero are dead.

Hell modern racing games are shit all together. The last modern racing series I enjoyed was Motorstorm which is also dead

Why can't they just remake this?

Have you seen Redout on Steam?
i like it

there is BallisticNG
the multiplayer update is Soon™

cheap, realible ecnobox and crossovers to keep profits stable and an affordable 2 seater thats a coupe and convert with a base and turbo trim using the money i got from the ecnoboxes and crossovers

Recently finished The Crew (free on Uplay this month, go get that shit, it's a free car game) and it's pretty enjoyable. Handling isn't the worst, customization is okay, MMO stuff is surprisingly fun.

i probably cant run that
NFSW was fun while it lasted tho

I heard of it but my PC is a toaster.

I enjoyed Fast Racing Neo though. SOundtrack was trash tho

A friend of mine can run it just fine on mid-range hardware that's 3 years old now. Don't know what settings he's using though.

And you can always just claim it, then install it later or something. It's just a digital copy.

the thing is tho im running a fucking brick

I'm just saying you might as well, it's free for this month so if it runs that's nice, you've got a new game and if it doesn't, you didn't lose any money anyway.

>pop up lights
I'm sold. If only someone would make aftermarket kits to turn normal headlights into pop ups for different cars.

It's free?

Damn I'll claim it then.

I'm running a 200 dollar ASUS laptop with debian so I can't game too much on it.

>Supercharger AND twin turbos
>Implying this even fucking possible

>What is Twincharging

pls

>What is Lancia Delta S4

autoevolution.com/news/1500-hp-twincharged-corvette-zr1-keeps-factory-supercharger-adds-massive-turbo-104911.html

Literally already been done. Although it's only one turbo, it's now pushing 1500hp

Corvette brand Supercar, to compete with the Ford GT and stir up a super car cock measuring contest in the states

>Body style is a mix of modern C7 and the C3
>All Carbon Fiber body
>Uses Aluminum when possible, enforced with steel
>LSX454R Motor, Two Turbos, a Supercharger and a computer controlled NOS system (with manuel override ofc) pushing 2000+ hp at peak
>Two Top of the Line Electic engines that fire off as soon as you hit the gass ala NSX for that instant Torque on top of the V8s retarded amounts of Torque to create a massive launch power
>Includes a roll cage off the show room floor
>Stripped of everything that added weight that isn't needed
>Ability to Run off solely the Electric engines for those sweet tax kick backs
>New front end inspired by the C3, pop up lights and all
>RWD with a Viper style wing for max down force
>Shorter body length, a completely reworked suspension set up as well as custom engineered tires to enable maximum cornering performance
>Custom engineered Turbocharger systems that are spooled by the Electric Engines allowing for faster use of said turbos
>Paint is a Mural of the Saturn Rocket headed towards the Moon, in tribute of the Apollo Corvettes

The Corvette C1 was designed to compete with the European sports cars that GIs loved when they returned home. This is a throwback to that. It's the most American supercar possible.

The Corvette Apollo

Thoughts?

Cars that look like they were designed in the 80s and 90s

that's what our generation is going to be nostalgic over in a few years, like the boomers and their 60s muscle

youtu.be/3EaCnDCsslM

>proper Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars
>actually look decent
>actually perform decent
>a bit pricey, but it'd be worth saving the planet
>except for China and the Middle East, fuck them they're not getting my cars

A tire company that can make round tires.

... seriously... fuck Contipros

Light and fuel efficient turbo i4s that come only in manual and paddle-shift automatic variants.

tbqh I don't like Imports and I'm 20.

I never saw the F&F movies and in racing games I always picked Muscle cars.

Only imports I like are Datsun because when I was growing up my neighbor had one of these and I thought it was the illest shit. That and 3000GT's because my Dad used to have a Twin Turbo that was his baby but he sold it to because it was a money pit

>tfw he replaced all of the body panels with Carbon Fiber, had put custom cams, cold air intake, custom exhaust, Racing seats with a 5 point harness and a ton of other things I can't remember

Ended up selling it for 8 grand after having a head gasket leak. Guy fixed and totaled it a week later. Shit hurts me and I know it hurts him.

I love hearing about the old shit boxes he used to drive, talking about cars and shit. He's an awesome driver, has a stock C6 that he tracked against a B13 RX-8 making 1000HP. He won by a good bit solely because he was a better driver.

Sorry for the rant, I'm really drunk.

why said anything about imports man?

im talking about cars like fieros, corvettes and camaros

when i was a kid the cool cars were always sleek and neat like the C4

I love the C4, one of my favorite cars. I remember seeing it in Vice City and loving it.

I wonder if it'll ever be seen as a classic. They're so dirt cheap compared to a c3

well there you go man

imagine making a modern version of the C4, slapping a "banshee" badge on it

vaporcars

Targa top hybrid roadster. straight six 3l right in front of the driver driving rear wheels through lsd, 2 electric motors for front wheels, fully independent suspension, carbon fibre/aluminium chassis, carbon fiber/aluminium body, 650-800hp, 7 speed manual, incredibly light, 2 seater with large rear shelf, interior covered in leather, alcantara, unpolished wood and carbon accents, massive infotainment screen, carbon ceramic brakes etc

And it looks like this mixed with a porsche 918 and hsv maloo

>Affordable RWD vehicles
>Marketed as "luxury", with Acura tier cheap interiors
>Sporty feel with all cars, with double wishbone front and rear suspensions.
>Memeual base models, touring trims with automatics.
>Lineup: Sporty econobox hatch, Lightweight sports coupe, and comfy sedan/wagon.
>All cars in lineup have a turbo trim w/ boyracer styling

End result:
>Cheap, fun cars for the 18-30 Y/O's wanting a "trendy and fast" DD

Reproduction AMC Javelins

Also, all marketing will feature the cars in a manual transmission, with a point of "driving this brand's cars will make you different from the rest."

Also, every commercial will feature the car on a track, and then a smooth transition to it driving in a city/road.

Would build cool car like scenic 1
For people with massive cock

A no-nonsense RWD small hatchback with good safety but more primitive engine that is not tricked-out-expensive-maintenance-horror-to-be sub 1l 3cyl.

Something that can be wrenched on easily and allow for aftermarket to develop. N/A 2.0 4 banger would be nice

Mini trucks.

I would build 80s shaped mini trucks like the tacoma and hardbody, and try to keep them starting under 12k. I would sell millions.

>what is procharging

sorry youre retarded :)

So a beefed up SHO?

Twingo with an electric motor

Rear wheel driven inline 6 coupes and wagons.

>$10k manual rwd shitbox
>light 2dr truck
>30k 300HP sleeper sedan/wagon
>obligatory crossover/SUV
>60k flagship, rear-engine AWD
>dd'able track toy

Am I doing it right?

>RWD
>2 Door FR, aggressive look
>5 Speed Manual, optional paddles
>Base model no less than 500hp
>Top tier model 600-650hp, Carbon fibre wing, front and rear splitters, bucket seats, optional race harness.