/maag/ - Marvel Avengers Academy General

FRIENDSHIP IS LITERALLY MAGIC edition

>What is this? Is it Free?
A shitty freemium game. With cute waifus, husbandos, and the best writing Marvel has put out since Maximum Carnage. If you want to accomplish anything, you'll have to spend money or kill yourself.

>Current event
Final week of the Halloween event, where everyone gets a poorly textured costume and we get new characters. But you'll have to fork over your hard earned shekels for it. So basically, Jew Christmas.

>Marvel event article
marvel.com/news/video_games/26796/mephisto_trick_or_treats_at_marvel_avengers_academy

>Reddit "full of lies" AMA Pastebin
pastebin.com/U91LWGbH

>Our perma-cucked brothers and sisters over at Reddit:
reddit.com/r/avengersacademygame/

>Still better drawn than half the shit currently published by Marvel
shitpostersacademy.tumblr.com/

>How to not get cucked by the Jew
pastebin.com/U92SQGMG

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/avengersacademygame/comments/59jc24/general_info_on_the_doc_strange_event/d998zym/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no poorly edited Thriller still with AA characters photoshopped in as the OP
One job

Didn't see that in the last thread to use...

There wasn't. I was hoping someone would have made one.

Well, then, get right on it, and we'll use it next time this thread 404s.

So how will they fuck up DR Strange event? They have enough trouble returning the game to normal after events who knows what will happen going straight to amother event

They'll forget to implement Strange

Every character will be premium.

Can anyone rip the icons/images from the game for the halloween characters? I was just about to put some faces on a thriller image but there's no images I can find of them.

>user actually delivers

Kudos

You can rip them yourself if you're on Android. Just copy the data folder from your phone

I found a folder with some png images in it (stuff like character background boxes but I don't see other regular images. Is it somewhere else?

Oh woops didn't realize there were more. There we go. Gonna get em all now.

It should be
>\Phone\Android\data\com.tinyco.avengers
Just copy the com.tinyco.avengers folder somewhere else

Damn is it good for the game to keep a bunch of these icons and shit in it? i figured to optimize performance they could get rid of things in the files they wouldn't be using like images and icons for shit from CW and even Guardians.

Also tfw none of the character portraits are decent except for one of wasp. I hate that it cuts the image, I wanna see like the full art.

It's definitely not good, but I think deleting and reinstalling helps some of that bloat.

If anyone out there is good with models and shit, are those able to be ripped too? This one is in there already and would be great if we could have models to play around with.

The SD version is somewhat modable, since it uses pre-extracted textures that are available in the APK. But that's only for three or four characters. You'd be able to edit those, put them back in the APK, resign it, and it should work.

Everyone else, you're fucked unless you can work out how to extract the textures and models from the Cocos files they're using.

>Damn is it good for the game to keep a bunch of these icons and shit in it? i figured to optimize performance they could get rid of things in the files they wouldn't be using like images and icons for shit from CW and even Guardians.
A month or two ago they changed the way the game loaded files. It used to be it only downloaded the files you needed, then the game ran those files from the phone every time you loaded it. They've changed it to it downloading EVERYTHING, and the game now runs off their servers. Which is why it has terrible loading times, it runs like complete shit, and it's burning through mobile data.

I've got action icons for characters I don't have, event data for GotG/CW/etc, icons for old buildings like the bank vault. We're lucky it doesn't download all the voice files too, and only loads them as you tap on the characters.

Bets on what Mephisto will do in his cell?

a work of art

Set things on fire I assume

So that's why the game went from "slow" to "unplayable" with this event?

Is there a 1.5.4 hack? OP seems to be outdated.

he probably just copied the old OP, it was posted in the comments of the last thread

OP here, that I did.

Yes. And it gets even worse with the 60 or so characters walking around, plus however many spawns there are for the event at the time. They're going out of their way to make the game unplayable.

I still dont understand why they did that

This really reminds me of Wasp from shitposteracademy

bump

Incompetence. Between that and multiple major bugs in the latest family guy event, I'm starting to believe that one user who said the turned their games over to Indian programmers.

Weird thing to do

I love Satana!

Me too

Is the sword required to get Blade? If so, I think I'll just give up on unlocking him and focus on upgrading everybody else instead. I don't want to deal with Mephisto, I'm tired of this.

You need all the special decorations

Yeah you need it for one of the decos. I gave up too. Even if they give a boost I don't really care about Blade anyway tbqh.

I'm way behind - what's the Oar mat for?

I don't have a link to the last thread, do you have a link to current hacks?

post a screenshot

I'd ship it desu

Also is anyone else having problem with the Satana soul grinding. It's way too low

see

Don't have one.

It's produced by the Creepy Candy Cottage.

you need those for Witch Enchantress, I think it's a broom

I wonder how ridicullous to get the bobblehead will be.

Thanks user

It's a good thing bobbleheads aren't good for anything. Cages on the other hand ar worrying. Those tokens are probably gonna get a use and I'm gonna fall behind so hard or be screwed over because I'll only be making a 5th of what whales do

Yeah with Mephisto I only have 3 cages. Hopefully the tokens are useful

bump

If they don't give a freefag crate I'm stopping at rank 3 for her. Which would be a shame but at least she looks good in all her ranks.

They might like they did for DD

Truly a fate worse than death

I actually enjoy the inside jokes. Yeah, it's somewhat lazy but they are good.

So. Do you think they'll move hangouts to the regular park but take away any rewards for raising a friendship and just make them regular missions

I could see it happening.

past few events in general have had it, but you never know with them

I am pretty sure this was a test for putting it in the game. Not sure when but they will add it

Mephistos cage is not dropping coins yet. I assume Kingpin dropping them early was a bug

Not like it matters. Those coins are still useless

Yeah. I wonder if we will ever get to use them

bump

leddit found a spot where a freefag crate might go

if TinyCo wants to be cute for Halloween would it come tonight at midnight or tomorrow night?

Well not yet if it's tonight. would think they'd want people to get a Halloween box actually on Halloween though. Or at least it would make sense to me.

I wonder if the Strange event will have qts

Have you seen Nico Minoru?

Strange looks gay, so the fujoshits will be all over him

His in-game model might look better

Who do you want to get the qt makeover, user?

>tfw I spent all the gold I could've used to get the Gamma Zone to rank up Coulson instead

Red Hulk

>tfw want Robbie's car but don't wanna gamble away my 250 shards

bump

>another event
>still no Scarlet Waifu
It hurts senpai

We will probably not get her becsuse x-men

Fucking rights cucking us from our waifus

It's just marvel being petty. They have the rights to use her in game.

Somehow that looks even faggier. Why is Strange emo?

I know thats why we wont get her.

It's what doomed MAA.

>had to adblock the shitty Halloween theme

fuck

Now thats some vampire powers

I think everything that has the characters disappear just shoves them underground. It's pretty convenient I think.
Like If Im not mistaken when a character goes inside a building they actually go underground.

What happened?

bump

Here we go again!

Oh god we're gonna get shitty facial hair bros jokes aren't we?

>costumes 1 and 3 aren't 10/10 husbando tier

worried tbqh if 2 is the only hope here

Strange looks a lot better here than he does in and .

Will he have bargain action?

Someone stop the presses, I just got a Madame Hydra/Superior Iron Man 6/6 mission on the event board.

Seeing Dormammu slowly lose his shit was great

What are you referring to?

To the scene from Strange movie.

>Weird hair
>Still has nail polish
>Facial hair is light as fuck
But why

Apparently Wiccan being listed in that article was a mistake and he's not in the Strange event.

Source?

reddit.com/r/avengersacademygame/comments/59jc24/general_info_on_the_doc_strange_event/d998zym/

I wonder who'll be the villain. Hopefully not Dormammu or Shula because I'd be tempted to buy shards to box them