/fog/ Fallout General

"Why the fuck do I have to make the new thread?" Edition.

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19556/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19619/
vine.co/v/57Lw7lI3dYU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Cait a miracle.

Is there any point wearing or even carrying around your normal armor if you're always in a power armour?

I'm not sure whether legendary effects bleed through, but PA replaces your defense for everything except head (where it's a trade off; PA helmet or hat + glasses, not both) when wearing even just the frame.

Current Mods to get Halloween Edition!

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19556/
For when you want to kill raiders dressed as a hot Witch or Pumkin head abomination.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19619/
Because nothing says death is coming to you all than a ballistic shotgun carved with skulls of dead lovers.

>tfw addicted to console cheats on pc
I just want to feel alive in survival mode again.

>dress is alright
>pumpkin's shit
>everything about elianora's characters
why does she have such bad taste holy hell

No.

That shotgun does look nice. Is Halloween a good enough excuse to wear outfits based on copyrighted material?

Alive as in 'not dying to things' or alive as in 'fun'?

How to combat your Power Armor pieces from breaking constantly? Any strong melee hit will take out a limb, any explosion, any strong burst of damage. It feels retarded that you're basically forced to wear it on very hard/survival and you have to go back to your settlement to repair yours and your companion's after every battle.

I agree with you both about the outfit and pumpkin. I just wanted the hat.

>I just wanted the hat.
It helps that it's not an OC. I wanted it too but my shadows were being weird with it.

Fun, been walking around with god mode for a long time now.
Was mostly to speed up settlement building but stuck for exploring too.

They seem to be fine for me.

don't let your dreams be memes user, ignore any lore shitters

Just turn it off and resist the urge to turn it back on? Pick a direction and go forward with the radio off.

I made the last one and it was up for 3 days fuckboi

Do you usually bring dogmeat with you when you use the lone wanderer perk?

>with the radio off
Almost had me there.

you failed me by not being here earlier to make it again

posting is s-scary

It's probably my ENB or its settings, so I doubt many others would get the same problem.

who doesn't?

Post a map of your local area and others rate if it would make for a good fallout location or not.
We got a harbor here so that's pretty good.

My local area already got a Fallout game and it wasn't very good.

You live in Vegas?

I am so sorry.

>map
>not a photo of local buildings
sure let me just post a map, that will definitely inform you of the fact that there isn't a building taller than 4 stories or more interesting than a strip mall.

fuck you
aerial view

>Memphis
lol, which a shitty city.

>not having 2 factions base in the forum and pyramid
>nigger please

>People still don't see how immediately obvious it is where future games will take place

How big of a 'local area'?

i want a fallout in chicago but having one in my area might be nice with our river.

Chicago would be a great place for a Fallout game because its basically as centered in the Midwest as you can get with a major city, and would give great access to everywhere from Detroit, to Indianapolis, to St. Louis.

The only major city in the region it doesn't have easy access too would be Minneapolis, but, if Fallout Tactics is to be believed, that city was leveled in the war, and who cares anyways?

Chicago would also be really cool because its home to the MWBoS, and there would be a lot of mob elements in the city.

Instead of raider gangs we have raider mobs or w/e

Are you implying it will be the south? God I hope not.

id like to see what happens with stuff like the sears tower and the lakes near it personally.

Given that
A. Bethesda gave the entirety of the Western U.S. to Obsidian
B. They don't want to go into the Midwest either
C. Fallout 3 and 4 covered basically all of the upper east coast

Literally the only places left for them to go are the south.

ree i'm so dumb i have no idea what SPECIAL perks to pick

i don't even know what type of character i want to play, probably something like a gunslinger sniper hacker

>tfw you always end up as jack of all trades master of none

pls respond quickly before i put more than 30 minutes in this character

Wow took a while but that really went south didnt it?

Welp, that sounds awful. I really hope you're wrong.

Why?

At this point, what other major cities are left?
>LA was in Fo1
>San Fran was in Fo2
>Vegas was in New Vegas
>Salt Lake City was entirely destroyed
>Denver is abandoned and just overrun by dogs
>Tuscon and Phoenix were just small towns post-war
>Chicago, St Louis, and Kansas city were seen in Tactics
>We got Washington D.C. in Fallout 3
>We got Pittsburgh in The Pitt
>We got Boston in Fallout 4
>Philly is nothing but a ruinious dump, less developed then even The Capital Wasteland, according to Fo3
>New York City is nothing but ruins overrun my raiders and various kinds of mutants according to Fallout 4

The only major cities left are Seattle, Detroit, and southern cities

Because the South is awful?
There's Ohio and Indiana, not great places, but at least they aren't the South.

>but why would Vegeta make a comment like this?
>Miami
>New Orleans
>Any of the big Texas cities
>Implying they wouldn't be just as fun as D.C., Vegas, and Boston

>the south is awful
user you're aware that there are bastions of culture and architecture in the south and not just miles and miles of bumpkin shanty swamps, right?

>but why would Vegeta make a comment like this?
weird, I had that highlighted in another thread that wasn't even on the currently opened tab, how the FUCK did that get copied over?

>New York City is nothing but ruins overrun my raiders and various kinds of mutants according to Fallout 4

y'know that sounds pretty good

imagine if we had an entire map that was like boston financial district but EVEN BIGGER AND TALLER?

downtown boston in FO4 is one of my favorite video game areas ever, it's one of the only places in any open world game with any real verticality and it's real damn glorious verticality, all those elevators and rooftops and apartments full of supermutants and stuff?

that's fucking dank as shit bro

Yeah, right next to the shitty education and increased crime rate.

>imagine if we had an entire map that was like boston financial district but EVEN BIGGER AND TALLER?
that's exactly why it wont happen.

Even with the imrpvoements made to the engine in Fallout 4, there is no way they could do NYC even remotely well without it being unplayable.

They would have to completely change how they make thier games, and make them more like GTA, where 99.99% of everything is a static object you can't interact with.

Also, NYC is so overdone, thats probably hy Bethesda hasn't treated it as important.

in Fallout 3 and its DLC the five places that get put on roughly the same level, in terms of importance, are
-The Capital Wasteland
-The Pitt
-The Commonwealth
-Ronto
-The Broken Banks

We got the first three already, so that leave us with a 50/50 shot of going to either Ronto or the Broken Banks for Fallout 5

Lets be real here, isn't that pretty much all Boston and DC were?

No.

Boston and D.C. had towns like Megaton and Diamond City established for 100+ years, along with set trade routes, both internally, and all up and down the coast.

NYC wouldn't even have a Megaton or Diamond City, it wouldn't even have a Goodneighbor, or Underworld, or even a Bunker Hill.

NYC would be like The Pitt's steel yards

I would love either a non american fallout. Canada/Russia nuclear winter. Maybe something in china.

That or a timeline shift. Something earlier than the approx 200 years later. Much more radiation.

>implying Bethesda wouldn't just place some city just outside of NYC, with having NYC being the quest area.

ezpz, it's like you don't even want to scam millions of players out of money they think they were spending on a more complete game.

>I would love either a non american fallout. Canada/Russia nuclear winter. Maybe something in china.
So basically you want a Fallout game set in a place were 99% of the things that make Fallout identifiable as a series wouldn't exist?

>That or a timeline shift. Something earlier than the approx 200 years later. Much more radiation.
Bethesda doesn't do, or allow, prequels.

so what you're saying is the south would be prime raider/tribal territory, with the enclave as the major technological power and perhaps BOS and caesar's legion pushing in from the north and west respectively? hell if it was nashville/memphis adjacent, that'd also be good for the rockabilly greaser crowd.

>The Legion
>Still existing after NV
Even if they survived, they would be too busy trying to take the NCR's lands to expand east.

>MWBoS
Also not going to happen.

In the nearly 100 years since the end of Tactics, they have expanded neither east nor west.

The likelihood of them going south is basically zero.

Aloha oe

Just read up on what things each special boosts and what perks you fancy.
You build sound like something you'd want to put points in agility and perception for.

Not that guy, but I also kinda want a non-american game, I know that's the whole point, but there's so much international shit going on in the details, and I just wish I could explore that somehow.

>we want the dead island audience

I understand what your saying.

New vegas and Capital wasteland were huge setting shifts. I would like that again.

I guess a war torn border between canada/ us could work. They could do that up near new york even. Buffalo maybe.

According to Bethesda, characters like Tenpenny, and other obviously foreign people, are meant to showcase the state of the world.

Europe is supposedly so fucked up that people willingy move to places like the Captial Wasteland becuase they are better places to live.

and given the fact we see some obviously Russian characters in Fo3 and 4, it seems to be from the UK all the way to Russia

If we ever get up there it would be set in Toronto, aka Ronto.

But Canada was annexed by America before the war, and even had vaults built in it, so it would still be basically the same.

I mean, I found some Russian dudes in FO4, but they never said anything about being Russian, or what Russia is like, or where they came from or how. I just kinda assumed it was supposed to show "diversity".

>Even if they survived, they would be too busy trying to take the NCR's lands to expand east.
depends on which ending you consider canon. if legion is victorious, they could have gotten a recruitment surge that not only allowed to push into ncr but expand in other directions as well. if they lost, pushing east would be a good way of fleeing the counter push.

>MWBoS
I meant east coast, because frankly I forgot mid west BOS even existed. maxson was pushing hard to unify all of the chapters though, and if the game's set a few decades after 4 you can make any excuse in the world for how the BoS came to expand south. if you side BoS in 4, they used institute tech to power their efforts. if you sided against the BoS, the loss of the prydwen could eventually have been recovered from.

also,
>bethesda was too lazy to write anything meaningful about them
>therefore they won't in the future

>maxson was pushing hard to unify all of the chapters though
Maxson only tried to reunite Lyons chapter with the Outcasts.

Hes made no effort to try to reunify other chapters into his order

>bethesda was too lazy to write anything meaningful about them
>therefore they won't in the future
Actually its more like
>Bethesda has said in the past they want to stay out of the areas from past games, and has even given all of the western U.S. to OBsidian because that is their land
>Implying Bethesda would want to use the MWBoS when they can make up their own factions

Well the snow / woods could be different. I'd like some cozy winter coats. Maybe a temperature element, little camp building, burning shit you loot. I would love the survival bit they'd never do.

So the developers split the U.S. officially?

>So the developers split the U.S. officially?
Like legally/contracually? no

But both Bethesda and Obsidian have constantly said that Bethesda are east coast guys(since Bethesda is on the east coast) and Obsidian are west coast guys,(since Obsidian is located on the west coast), and that both companies are fine with that.

Avellone also said in an interview that when making New Vegas, Bethesda game them basically free reign to do whatever they wanted with the entirety of the western U.S., and Obsidian did use it.
-California and Nevada are part of the NCR
-Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah are mostly Legion lands
-Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho are mentioned by a few in-game characters like the Lonesome Drifter(from Montana) and in a few of the endings for NV and HH

If you go and look at the offical census division of the US, everything I just listed is the offical division that is classified as the western U.S.,

And Bethesda wouldn't have let them have such free reign over such a large area if they had plans for it themselves.

As much as we like to meme about how Beth raped the lore, Beth has made it clear they respect Fallout 1/2, and don't want to mess with them, which is part of the reason they set Fo3 on the east coast in the first place.

While there is no offical "we split it" statement, its basically confirmed at this point BEthesda is fine with that area being "Obsidian's Land" or w/e.

And while they haven't made a similar statement about the Midwest, they have treated it in much of the same way. With only casual and vague references made it ot, while otherwise staying out of it

>conveyor randomly turns off

Remember to always pay respects to your local modder, they bring us so many quality things.

I can't decide what to play.

Should I play non-survival character with the purpose of meeting all building/crafting requirements and just experience as much content as possible?

Or should I play a roleplay survival run and miss out on content I haven't played/tried yet? (Which is pretty much all of the DLCs.)

>quality

vine.co/v/57Lw7lI3dYU

In short, its basically like this

Orange = Obsidian
Green = Bethesda
Grey = No mans land that semi-canon but no one wants to touch

oh

>Denver is abandoned and just overrun by dogs

Who Let Them Out DLC for FO5 when?

>Implying Fo5 will be anywhere near Denver to use it as DLC

Its already like living in an apocalypse

>tfw ohio

BONGO BONGO BONGO

TRAIN TRAIN

>When you meet Preston Garvey and demand to be paid, he says "sure, I'll just give you my chest of Emeralds." Later, after Preston gives you some caps and apologizes for not having said chest, Mama Murphey immediately chimes in to tell you that you will find your son at "the Jewel of the Commonwealth." Even on the radio, Travis Miles calls it the "Great Green Jewel of the Commonwealth" on account, presumably, of the famous Fenway green color. Not to mention that in the book, only the walls of Emerald City were green.

>Travis Miles is, himself, the cowardly lion. Nick Valentine is the Tin Man whose name according to wikipedia is Nick Copper. Additionally, the symbol for Valentine's Detect Agency is a neon heart (and hearts have a special association with Valentine's day) which is what the Tin Man needs in the Wizard of Oz. Danse is the scarecrow, an effigy of a human stuffed inside his power armor. You initially meet him trying to scare away ghouls and the Brotherhood repeatedly emphasizes that their job is to scare away the monsters of the commonwealth. Of course dogmeat is Toto.

>Kellogg is the Wicked Witch of the West, being located in the far left of the map, and Synths are the flying monkeys and creatures sent to destroy Dorothy (you). At the Institute, you meet your son, but Father reveals that to be an illusion and he is your real son. Father is the wizard who controls the land, hidden behind the shroud of the institute.

It all makes sense

CHOO CHOO

should have copied the rest from leddit

also should go back there

is FROST playable

sure, its playable

its 100% grade A shit, but its playable

why do you turbonerds hate FROST

Because its bad, and Dust was bad also.

why is it bad

Because theres nothing really too it besides killing lots of shit with even less reason and context then even the vanilla game.

Just bought Fallout 4 and ended up making a fat Heather Mason.

I'm gonna restart, but I'm just wondering: are there mods that make body customization quicker and/or easier?

Also, which companion should I stick with: Dogmeat or Codsworth?

Philly being built on a grid would make travelling ez.

Dogmeat, since dogmeat still allows you to get the bonuses from the Lone wanderer perk, which is honestly one of the most OP perks in the game

or it you want a bigger area...

Its funny. Atlantic City is more important post-war then Philly is

>mods that make body customization quicker and/or easier
do you mean literally physique, or general customization? "Looksmenu" lets you save and load presets. Bodyslide is pretty easy to use for your gross blimp fetishism, and unique player race allows you to isolate your sick filth to only the MC.

>Fallout: Appalachia

I was trying for a farmgirl build but it went radscorpion-tits up. It doesn't matter to me if only one character has the build or not.