/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

FRIEND?

Lucy's shitty dead thread: >1.08 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/241332569600668256

>Ashes of Ariandel DLC Stuff
pastebin.com/W1XH72P2

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u7gREDmOjBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Token of friendship
What?

How do the estoc and rapier stack up against each other actual performance wise? And how are the new crow claw things?

xth for exploding GREATbows

lads what's the best gs/ugs?

dsIII

>can't team up as vicars and fight randoms
shit arena

>hosts have an insanely lopsided advantage in invasions, can summon a million phantoms and then when those phantoms die, summon them back with full estus to continue ganking 1 fucking invader
>people get mad when people twink to try to compensate for this huge imbalance

I'm looking for an Elite Knight Helm: Just the helmet.

Password =dsg , High Wall of Lothric. Thanks in advance!

post stats x

Estoc is longer and stronger, Rapier has a better crit modifier. New crow rapier when sharp is as strong as refined estoc with only 40dex, plus it has paired weapon attacks. Crow claws are claws with a spazzy weapon art that'll get you killed against anyone smart enough to dodge.

platform you dumb nig

Anyone willing to help me mule a few weapons between saves? I just want to use an old backup to upgrade DLC weapons. PC

Can it be even really called twinking considering there is Weapon Memory? It's just about using the most efficient low level setup, can't blame you for that. As long as you're not being lazy and using CE to give yourself NG+ rings, I think eveything's perfectly fair and acceptable.

PC, a thousand pardons

huh?

Not every invasion is going to go like that. But every invasion you are twinked out for your SL/NG will be unfair.

You have to be creative as an invader. If you just want to fight someone 'fairly' go find a duel arena or fight club or play in the undead match.

Booting my Atari.

post your character's stats

sign is down

youtube.com/watch?v=u7gREDmOjBM

So went through the DLC with a friend yesterday. Last boss fight bugged the fuck out on the 3rd stage. This happen to anyone else?

It is when you're using the correct weapons. Dragonslayer Axe has natural lightning damage and is buffable, so make it raw and apply lightning resin for 2shots on everyone. Meanwhile, the new Onyx Blade has a self-buff for 145 fucking AR, which'll kill phantoms in one hit or less.

its just stock standard 40/40 sl120 on knight
its not special in anyway

App 1.08 Official Patch notes

•Fixed a bug where the controller did not vibrate when getting summoned or invaded
•Fixed a bug where the controller did not vibrate when invading or being summoned to another world

You don't even need to use CE to give yourself that stuff, you can just get people to drop it for you. Same with seigbraus and divine blessings and shit. Have a friend and swap it back and forth between your characters while making backup saves.

The point is anything that's legally in the game (i.e. not having infinite health or some ACTUAL cheat like that) should be game for evening the odds in invasions, because of how huge of an advantage hosts have. Anyone who has seen the "summoning another phantom" message as soon as they join a world should be well aware of how fucking oppressive it is out there when you're forced to 1v3 or 1v4 in many circumstances. Getting mad at invaders trying to get a little bit of compromise against that is silly.

I experienced a different kind of bug from Friede. I killed them in 2nd phase, and although Ariandel has vanished, Friede was still there attacking me, but not in Blackflame form. Just an HP-less bullshit of a bug.

that means nothing to me, relatively new to dsg

I want to cuddle best girl Karla.

if you use floating chaos in pvp your are going to get cursed

so, who's up for a FC on high wall of lothric? PC of course. will host soon if we got enough nigs around.

pvping? you are getting cursed.

oh uh basiclly 40 str/40 dex, enough vitality to wear the armor you want and then the rest on endurance and vigor

I'm in, shitlord

>literally no penalty for being killed while invading, or being killed while invaded/summoned

What level is your twink and what areas do you invade? Is the DLC active?

I have a couple unfinished characters that were intended to be +6/+8 weapon twinks to poop on hosts that I might actually complete now

He's right that the host has can have a ridiculous advantage though. There's no need for seeds to be a thing when they've got two phantoms and there really needs to be a cooldown or cost to summoning more phantoms.

Is Lucerne still viable?

What is the best setup for a Sabre build?
Quality? Or is Crystal MW buff with enough INT that much better?

Anyone on PC have a spare Carthus Curved Sword and Carthus Curved Greatsword?

can I join with my SL1

cursing players?
thats a cursing.

Not seeing your signs anywhere :(
Double check that the password is set to dsg, if you would.

oh right that's what I've got but I'm hanging around SL80, really gutting not having high enough vit to wear cool armour and go fashion

considering just getting to 100/120

What could be real, actual reward(s) and punishment(s) for winning/losing arena?

>loss of progress isn't a penalty
>loss of ember isn't a penalty

that spell isn't even that good

I wish autism like that existed on PS4

Best GS seems to be the Onix or Claymore
>ugs
Just don't.

So how hard are people going to cry when From nerfs greatswords worse than they were before?

>pre-patch des used to delevel you for dying as a phantom host, summon, or invader

When did Souls lose its balls?

sl80, sl100 and sl120 are all great soul levels to play at

sure

aight then

PC FC @ HIGH WALL OF LOTHRIC, PC, PASSWORD dsg

no bans because that's for fags!

Not every invasion, but many wind up that way unfortunately, and if you're trying to play "fair" or use some meme build, it becomes incredibly frustrating after awhile. Even if the host 1v1's you, you're still at a huge disadvantage (30% less health, they can have twice the estus). If they gank you and you aren't in the forest or post-pontiff, you're probably not getting backup either.

My point is you really can't get mad at invaders try to take advantage of anything they can to win considering the circumstances. Anything legal in the game, I mean.

SL56, catacombs/central irithyll.

Trying to meme with the javelin but it gets frustrating when they just heal up even if you land a few spear chucks, or they just pull out a shield. And then of course summon another phantom.

It's okay since I mostly feel like I win as long as I stop the host's forward progress for as long as possible, waste their time, and drag them through all of the mobs (at this level I almost never run into seeds thank god), as long as I do that and chuck a lot of spears I'm happy, if I win or kill some phantoms in the process all the better but that's not necessary. It'd be nice if I could have some way to one-shot hornet crit people with backstabs or even parries but +4 raw mailbreaker isn't doing it for me unfortunately, might just have to stop fastrolling and pick up a heavy weapon instead.

Aren't some missing from here? I mean you put RoSP, but no stoneplate rings.

Handing out titanite like the belltower in DaS2 might be good, the higher your medal the better the chances are for better titanite.

Let's do this.

ye

Is 120 the usual sl among fc participants there? Does being lower level like sl80-90 make it significantly harder?

What's the SL meta?
120?
125?

How do you even allocate stats for a super-low level invasion build? I want to make something for invading in high wall and undead settlement, SL20, once you've put the stats you need for your weapons should I just put the few remaining points in VIG? +2 weapons lets you still invade people with unupgraded, yeah?

what sword?

So how does password matchmaking in the arena work? Is it possible to match with nerds from dsg if we get a universal password going?

People mostly just want a leaderboard, though unfortunately on PC it'd probably be totally rekt by cheaters.

it's more about skill than equipment/level son, i've seen SL1 spanking SL120s.

Lol sure

Get a weapon with excellent base damage and low requirements, make it raw, upgrade as high as you are able to still get invasions in your twinking spot of choice, put points into vig

yes but why the fuck would we play with each toehr

>My point is you really can't get mad at invaders try to take advantage of anything they can to win considering the circumstances. Anything legal in the game, I mean.

I don't really mind either way, but rather than try to go after easy prey with numbers advantages, I adjusted my playstyle and tried to abuse the environment instead. I had more fun that way, but do what you want if you enjoy it. Cheating and hacking aside.

Minimum stats for the weapon
Raw infusion
Putting them all into vig is a meme, you get your stamina right and you can do crazy shit like swing ASS six times with one bar

>i've seen SL1 spanking SL120s.

WARE
IZ
ME
FLAIL

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just a hope that people here will be better than the useless retards I'm constantly teamed with.

thanks senpai, appreciate it

casters sometimes go to 125, but it's 120

My claymore +6 does fuck all dmg to Nito... Should I go and upgrade it before trying again or what?

Faith build and just getting back in the game after several years (never completed it)

Sweet. I'm considering either dragonslayers axe or onyx blade, since I've heard good stuff about both in terms of low level performance. Suppose I'll go check mugen for the best starting class now.

Thnk you.

>Invasions constantly failing in Snowy mountain pass
>Invade instantly and consistently Snowfield

What the fuck is happening

my pleasure.

Thank you, sorry for drinking the Seigbrau I was trying to drop for you.

Shitters can't beat Vilhelm/drop dlc after being eaten by wolves.

Apply havels, acquire Estus. Facetank while swinging and healing when you can't swing any more

Sure, I'll put down my red sign at high wall of lothric with password dsg.

How much poise is needed for ultra weapons?

shit, I always underestimate the damage reduction on perseverance

+6 is garbage

how did you even beat orn/ smough?

I want to make a Friede's Scythe build but I can't think of any good fashion for it. Any suggestions? The easy way out would be to go for Friede's set but I wanted something a bit more creative. Thanks Anons!

What's the lowest weight weapon in the game that can still hornet ring 1-shot people around SL45-55? Is there anything lighter than yhorms that can do it?

Thanks.
I'm Sir Pent of Zena

Just set the PW and you will see my sign, im Yera.

pretty sure both heavy greataxe and heavy large club both would at 40str

none is necessarily "needed"

if you can tank a twohanded greatsword swing, you can tank any onehanded swing; for clubs this number is 37.7 or something, for everything else it's higher.

could you curse players in das1 without using ce?

i thought there was like a weapon or something

Thank you.

I've got about 36 with my demon greataxe and it does pretty good.

is undead match worth it on pc or should i stick to pontiff?

>literally jesus opening that mouth

Ur goin hell

Mirror set was amazing btw

wat
what's so good about quakestone

this is an extremely dumb question user

I'll try heavy large club then, thanks.