/emugen/ - Emulation General

See this wiki: emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Got any questions like "Where do I get games?" or "WHat is the best emulator for x?"
Often the wiki is the best place to get help quickly. You'll likely be redirected there anyway. Please read it.

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/opcode_raeg/status/792673253093277696
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5a08mb/if_emulating_the_original_xbox_x86_cpu_is_so_hard/d9cvubd/?context=3
youtube.com/watch?v=0Yry7_Ut7Zg
twitter.com/endrift/status/791032480258064384
redump.org/disc/1691/
github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Dumping-Save-Data-from-a-3DS-Console
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XrossMediaBar
epsxe.com/files/libopenglpluginsrc.zip
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Dummies_Guide:_RetroArch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the best emulator for Sega CD/32X?

kega fusion

reminder retroarch is broken shit

twitter.com/opcode_raeg/status/792673253093277696

he's doing it again

never forget

die don't please

reminder that you're a moron.
a core having issues != retroarch

>a core having issues != retroarch
yes it does. Works fine in stand alone. Doesn't work in retroarch. Therefore retroarch is shit.

but retroarch is the frontend and the cores are implementations of libretro

faggot

works fine for me

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5a08mb/if_emulating_the_original_xbox_x86_cpu_is_so_hard/d9cvubd/?context=3

I just finished Iridion II,it crashed on me with a non-cracked rom at first but then i got the cracked one and it worked flawlessly.

Forgot to say it is the best GBA game so you should fucking play it right now

Didn't byuu ban mooch from his forum?

woof

has endrift found a new job yet?

twitter.com/endrift/status/791032480258064384

at least he's not vegan

Honestly, I admire the dedication of emulator developers. Who else is dedicated to their job as much as them when in order to fully understand how to recreate the same experience on different hardware they emulate different gender on completely different body.

When I download Air Combat for PSone on Emuparadise it gives me 66 something bins when I unzip it. Am I supposed to just turn the biggest one into an ISO or am I missing something?

redump.org/disc/1691/

Apparently you need 63 (if you're playing jp Ace Combat) .bin and the .cue file

Can Citra play pokemon yet

""""""""""""yes""""""""""""

i feel sad what should i emulate

>2 months ago
>"when is PCSX2 gonna add mipmap support to HW mode?"
>"probably never. it's just too difficult for them to add at this point."
>suddenly mipmap support is added

Wow, what a bunch of fucking retards.

ratchet and clank 2

tbf it's not actual mipmap support. it's a hack that detects when mipmapping is used, and then forces the original texture.

>bragging about a mental illness.

Really fun game, would recommend.

So he found a download link?

So is there a way to play snes games asynchronously?

I'm talking about playing kirby's dreamcourse, or other 2 player games where you take turns and it sends the other played the savestate automatically or maybe record a demo and sends that over. Seems like something that would be relatively easy to do since you can sort of already do it manually if you make a savestate and send it to a friend over dropbox or some shit.

why did they feel the need to use absolutely every colour

Pretty good already wow.

Seriously, TEN whole colors? That's just fucking overkill, who do they think they're impressing?

Forgot, i was talking about mobile phone emus.

You've never played ZX Spectrum games?

What's the best way to emulate N64 games nowadays? I'm in the mood for some Zelda, but the newer Project64 I downloaded is unstable and tends to crash regardless of the plugins I use (RunRSP:unknown memory action), and the older versions don't support newer plugins and have graphical issues out the ass. I'd normally just use retroarch + mupen for this, but even there there's issues: the sound constantly crackles annoyingly and there's completely incorrect lighting in some scenes.

Dolphin

Looks just as shit as castlevania 1-4. Just no feel for what colors look good together.

That's just depressing considering Mario and Zelda are the most played N64 games and all the popular emu's still seem to have trouble running them.

what are some good PCSX2 shaders ?

If you posted that in reply to his tweet, would that result in an instablock?

Anyone who says Dolphin's the best way to emulate N64 games is an idiot. Why would anyone want to play SSB with frameskip, or Super Mario 64 with that missing effect?

Unlike Dolphin, N64 emulators have a good software renderer for people who want accurate graphics. Even JMC doesn't recommend using Dolphin for N64 games.

>all the popular emu's still seem to have trouble running them.
Zelda and Mario run fine..

Closing your eyes

Ok I want to play Pokemon on Citra but still be able to transfer my pokemon to a legit cart. Is it possible to extract the save from Citra with all my pokemon and put it onto my SD card?

Seems like something the homebrew thread would know more about.

retroarch is unnecesseraly hard to setup
maybe the devs should look at how GUIs from after the 90's look for some inspiration

github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Dumping-Save-Data-from-a-3DS-Console

>maybe the devs should look at how GUIs from after the 90's look for some inspiration

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XrossMediaBar

is there any list of best performing games for PCSX2? like games that perform excepcionally well and have no glitches at all while emulating ?

Now that you mention it, is there a speccy emulator which allows you to actually seek through the tape? Playing the tape for half an hour till it finally gets to the data which I want to load everytime I want to play a game is extremely frustrating.

>hard to setup
lol

Can't you technically just run MS-DOS on a modern PC and the software will work the same as it did on x86 computers 25 years ago?

CEMU new version 30 fps Xenoblade Chronicles X

yes? it is called mary-oh tw- I mean dosbox

Sort of, but not really. If you're just asking because you don't want to set up DOSBox, then no that's dumb.

1.6.1 already does for me. The shader stuttering is pretty unbearable though.

This time next year both Cemu and Decaf should be in very good places. Though both emulators are useless until the wii u gamepad is usable.

>tfw I own a WiiU

Well the emulator won't be fully playable until a year from now, and that doesn't include the gamepad. So in the meantime you can play a million games

>tfw I own a Super Nintendo

I'm with you, emulators are pointless.

I own several consoles that I exclusively emulate these days because of convenience and enhancements, but there's no point in using an emulator with terrible compatibility, super high system requirements, and no enhancements, when I can just use the real thing.

1.6.2 it's already out

Where do you guys get your PS2 isos

Emuparadise actually, just make sure to check them against redump.

Only for patreon supporters.

I thought it was open-source?

Nope.

Yes

epsxe.com/files/libopenglpluginsrc.zip

Mudman is the hero emulation needs, but does not deserve.

Scaling a game x2, and then scaling the rest with, say bilinear might make sense.

>Mudman is the hero emulation needs, but does not deserve.
Why's that? The source for that plugin has been available on their site since they added it to epsxe android.

bump

bump

bump

damn, never seen it this dead

How does it run? I tried running BD the other day but it wouldn't even boot past a black screen

Really well. Try the chinese builds linked in the wiki.

Thank you!
Which one are you using? I see a bunch of different builds and versions and I'm not sure where to start

The latest one.

Can Citra run OoT yet?

not that guy, but how would i get started with retroarch? most videos i find are people who cant hold a thought for two seconds

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Dummies_Guide:_RetroArch

Thank you friend

ZSNES

Y/N

Why do I get +80 degree temperatures running mednafen on retroarch, but stay at a constant 70 degrees running dolphin?

/

Hey Guys can i get some help running PCSX2 on my mac. please no hate.

Bootcamp.

how would i go about getting bootcamp to work

What's the bestway to setup RetroArch so I have different controls per core? Using an Xbone controller and it's annoying having to map 'B' on NES to 'X' on Xbone and have to switch it every time I want to play a different system.

get legit windows 7 .iso and dazloader without the malware

Use Per-core config in the settings

Are you actually retarded?

Are emulators on the 3DS worth using? How do they compare to equivalent PSP emulators? I was disappointed by GBA emulation on the PSP in particular, some games like FF6 had some annoying visual glitches.

If you're good at something, why do it for free?

Because you don't have to answer to anybody that way. You do it your way, no boss, no client, no deadline.

You also do it for the benefit of all.

Just look at linux.