2017 Acura MDX interior? This is supposed to be a luxury brand? Is this a joke?

2017 Acura MDX interior? This is supposed to be a luxury brand? Is this a joke?

It's semi luxury, it may not look great but the materials are high quality and the fit and finish is great.

You don't have to buy it, nigger. Get a Merc instead if you want interior quality.

as someone who drives an old "luxury" shitbox, this actually looks pretty luxurious to me. what more could you want out of it?

seems typical for acura. they have sort of a high tech luxury look rather than an old money look like mercedes.

Personally like Acura interiors.

What do you expect for Acura? The people who buy it are the ones saying "The GL was $30k more and this Acura is just as nice!" and then they get in that thing and try to forget that a well-trimmed Chevy Malibu has a nicer touch screen.

The Malibu probably drives nicer too.

>posts the NSX
Have you ever been in one? Not the NSX, but any newer Acura.

>Have you ever been in one?

No, but they seem pretty nice. do they feel better/worse in person?

needs more carbon fiber

Literally no luxury cars have interiors that are acceptable for how much they cost

where is the shifter? is it that little button next to the cupholders? I don't get it

The electronics and a bunch of other stuff is definitely Honda-tier. Go play with the touch screen in one, then go sit in a similar Mercedes. You will understand why they cost significantly less. Lexus and Infiniti both do it better than Acura.

Also the German luxury cars, even the SUVs, always have a little sportiness to them. Acuras not so much. They just have that appliance feel when driving them, even the more sporty and high power trims.

Because you can tell the interior quality of a car just by looking at pictures

Dumbass

Looks way better than American """"luxury"""" cars

I'll take the interior of a Cadillac or Lincoln over an Acura any day. Even the really shitty 90s-00s years.

you got that right
>m-m-muhh buick

its honda with fake leather what do you expect?

Buick is way better and classier than Cadillac tbqh even if slotted under it
lol nice taste
pic related, American """""""luxury cars"""""""

>implying you can't
Design is a major factor in quality.
>American """""""cars"""""""

>implying

I'm not sure I see how those don't qualify as cars, given that they are in fact cars.

lurk moar newfag

I've been here for 4 years though

Goddamn, the stitching on that glove box sure is nice.

that's the door and there's exposed metal visible from inside the car
lousy job by Mercedes

Mercedes applying Italian passion.

Looks fine to me, what do you expect for that price, the same quality as fucking Maybach?

Yeah tell me which one will still be running at 200,000 miles gm cuck

lel, going all F40

Funny because lots of Buicks are actually Opels.

Kek. I would be smart with my money and buy a Ford.

Anyway if you get a new Acura with all of those options, it will be like a new Mercedes from 10 years ago. By the time it hits 200k, the interior will look like it is technology from 25 years ago.

Just the Regal. And the LaCrosse is based on a modified Opel platform but its interior is superior to many Caddies.

Nice get, but lol at everything you just said
>ps2 gamepad.jpg

The Cascada is an Opel too, as is at least one of their SUVs (Enclave maybe? I don't know Buicks), and the Verano is based on the Astra.

holy shit, bubble headlights age was truly the dark age of Mercedes wasn't it?
I mean, how do you go from this to that?

>how do you go from soulless german LogikBoxsche to actual design language?

Chrysler happened.

Mercedes hast made anything that doesnt look like complete shit between somewhere in the mid/late 90's and up to 2010/11. During this time, the C-class, E-class, SLK, CLK, SL, First gen GL, first gen ML, A-class, B-class and in sure ive forgotten somthing-class have been outright shitty looking. Not to mention the interior. Tacky and ugly round buttons, terrible layout. And then Theres the horrible COMAND system. Its like Mercedes made a real effort to make absolutely everything about the looks as bubbly and round and dragged out as possible.

>soulless german LogikBoxsche
look at the quality, retard
besides, the design was simple but stylish
W222 brought back the quality
Sounds reasonable
Agreed, I hated every Mercedes after the W140, W124 and W201, except for the R170 and the SLR McLaren. W212 and W222 was when they started getting it together.

Oh and something I forgot to say, BMW's interior took a dive too in the early 2000s (along with their loss of identity on the exterior). No wonder Audi grew so much since then.

You really gotta spend some money on BMWs before you get anything nice in the interior. Even the 5-Series loses to a C-Class and is like an A4.

That one I posted is a 7 series tho
that said, it's not as bad as the contemporary S class

One can begin to wonder

yeah give me the bimmer in rather than that

What the fuck BMW and merc were thinking

While Audi was making this

That one is the nicest of the bunch and better than the one I posted. Doesn't hold a candle to the 2005 A8 tho
Pretty sure that's newer, at least post-facelift.

Its actually the one with the split grill. Looks newer because stock photo i guess.

I'm talking about the steering wheel, it's newer

2003 A8 4.2

That one is correct, it has a round center

That said, that beige plastic looks cheap. It's hard to use clear colored plastic without looking cheap.

Why was the late 90s-early 2010s such a dark age for automotive design?

Seriously, some of the ugliest cars ever have come out of this period, even from carmakers with good reputations.

Did most of the carmakers just turn cynical and figure customers will buy whatever crap they shove out? And since car design (and quality) have improved dramatically since the end of the recession, was it the recession that made carmakers pay a lot more attention to their cars so they would actually sell?

Regulations probably played a big part.

Any examples of major automotive regulations that came into effect during the period?

I dont know really, but one thing that for certain happened in the 90's was a technological revolution. I guess it was hard to tell what would actually stick around, what would just turn out to be a gimmick etc.

I didn't know pepsifag hated acura so much

On the contrary, I sat in some new mercs at a car show, I was disappointed on how the seats felt compared my friends 03 CL. May not look dazzling but those seats are COMFY

Cherrypicking much? Nigga was telling people to get a Mercedes equivalent to the MDX and you chose the cheapest Mercedes.

Here is the drill here...

If you want a reliable luxury car (in general), go with Acura or Lexus.

If you don't want to stand out, get the Acura.

If you want a better interior, go with the Lexus.

Reliability for both vehicles is almost the same, but leaning a bit towards Lexus.

Also, Lexus has more horses in their car, but idk if you're looking for that since you're looking at Acuras.

Lexus all the way bb

The definition of luxury means in excess of what is necessary.

So yes it is a luxury car. "But it's not a BMW" is not an argument.

The 03 CL was probably comfy because it was old and broken in. Lots of newer "Sports Sedans" are trying to make these firm seats with high bolsters that are uncomfortable if you weigh more than 150lbs. Some aren't so bad but a lot are made for manlets on the toegay. The RSX-S was like that too. New C and E classes are a lot better than those at least.

I like Lexus and some Infiniti stuff, but Acura is just so boring and mediocre. The TL-S was probably the last thing that even looked exciting. But with all the other Acuras I have been in, I can't imagine it is that fun to drive. Plus LOL FWD. And their interior design and electronics always seems to be really conservative and boring and the electronics are on par with something they would put in a spec'd out Focus instead of a new luxury car.

By that same token, a Honda Accord is also a luxury car.

Actually, one common complaint about Acura is you can get nicer Hondas for less money than an Acura.

Acura was really known in the past for being a sports luxury brand which carried cars like the NSX and RSX, they have the NSX back now but they still need some other sports luxury cars to fill their lineup.