/nintyg/-nintendo general: God damnit why am I making the thread edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: →
Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /lozg/

>Important News
「!」Official Nintendo Switch presentation set for Jan 12th: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/791455799302246400
「!」Introducing the Nintendo Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
「!」Nintendo reveals sampling of third party support for the Switch: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/789155375526260736
「!」New Super Mario game revealed for the Switch: ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/new-super-mario-game-revealed-for-nintendo-switch
「!」Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 enhanced ports/new entries teased for the Switch: ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/whats-new-in-splatoon-and-mario-kart-for-nintendo-switch
「!」Discover the Final Evolutions of the starters in Sun/Moon!: youtube.com/watch?v=5uWAMwcRGmU
「!」New Pokken Tournament fighter to be revealed on Nov 1st: gematsu.com/2016/10/pokken-tournament-arcade-reveal-new-playable-pokemon-november-1

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/3GsWMgiU
Wii U - pastebin.com/n98NZg13

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l3YY8TUTCb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

before you people bitch, yes I fucked up on the link to previous thread
REAL PREVIOUS THREAD

Thanks, now if Veeky Forums stopped loading these ads

Why doesn't Nintendo of America simply have a couple of guys shit out a budget Metriod game for the 3DS that uses mostly assets from Super Metroid? Everyone and their mom is doing retraux sequels and Metroid-Castlevania type games.

NoA doesn't have many devs, just NST and they are too busy making failed high budget projects like HAMMER and making MvsDK games, and lately, being turned into mobile devs.

bampin/rollan
1-finish pokemon y
2-smoke green +reroll
3-luigi's mansion dark moon
4-hash rip +reroll
5-white 2 nuzlocke
6-mario kart 64
7-reroll no smoking
8-mario kart 8
9-smash wii u
0-green and hash toot then reroll

>still hasn't finished Dark Moon
nigga how

NST is still alive?

have you decided to switch to sony yet?

Barely, last thing they did was that amiibo MvsDK game and around the time the game was released, a job listing appeared that they wanted to hire mobile developers.

the power is yet unknown

Does your 3DS need to be updated to play any games? I'm thinking of getting a 2DS next year but keeping it offline. I don't really need online on my games; I don't use it on handhelds.

Some games need a newer firmware but not many, but if your question is "Do I need to be on the latest firmware to play any of the games I have?", then the answer is no.

How do we fix New Super Mario Bros? What exactly is wrong with it? They're hyper popular yet also disliked by many 'hardcore' gamers. I am replaying NSMB Wii and it's fun. I think the only issue is the art style. It just feels sterile and too clean. Each game looks the same. It's not like how SMB, SMB3, and SMW all had different eye-popping art styles

They certainly won't make another one after making SMM, right?

They need to give the 2d mario games a rest; maybe come back at the end of the Switch generation with a New artstyle and a overworld similar to SMW

They didn't have a new 2D Mario on the Gamecube or the N64, so they've given us a break before

At least you didn't link to /hbg/.

Did the Switch wake up babt?

Yeah he's been posting here and then about "Switch (From) Nintendo" or "Switch to Sony", plus the usual bitcoin.

Yeah, I thought so.

in DQ7 does it matter if i spare or killed Graco V.
There was 2 chest and i only got 1 of the rewards by sparing him. It was a mysterious fragment so no idea whats it for.
Im at the point where im about to revive my 4th party member fucking finally.

not even out of the first mansion.....i'm too casual to figure out what to do but i loved the original for gamecube

NSMB was created specifically due to a lack of 2D Mario games after the N64 came out. It was made to revive the concept and appeal to nostalgia. It succeeded and apparently is more popular than 3D Mario games.

youtube.com/watch?v=l3YY8TUTCb4

You did what you're supposed to do. If you choose not to spare him you're just be caught in a dialog loop

I have a DQ7 question as well. I bet the game and I'm looking for the bonus fragment pieces. There is one in the buccanham church and I can't find it at all. I looked around everywhere and I can't figure it out.

Please help.

xD

Are joy cons gonna seriously be called that in two years or will people call them something else? What do you call it?

>DS cartridges are officially "carts"
>the Wiimote is officially a... I dunno, "Wii controller"?
>U gamepad is routinely called a "tablet"

Nobody who actually owns a Wii U calls the gamepad a tablet.

Nobody calls the wiimotes wii controllers

That's what I said. They officially aren't called wiimotes.

im gay then

The Wiimote is officially a "Wii Remote Controller" and "Nunchuck Accessory" right?

I hope the Switch controllers can be brought in stores. One thing that's inconvenient about the U is its gamepad. You can't buy one third party. Your controller breaks and you can't just go to EB Gsmes and buy a new one. Tbqh I don't know what will happen once its retro. I can't see people making third party gamepads like they do N64 controllers.

Because some idiot already released a romhack a few months ago.

It's boring. Gimmie an entire mansion arcade exprience, not these cut up missions.

I got a PS4 and regretted it. I will never buy a Sony console again.

NSMB was supposed to be a direct sequel to the first SMB and not SMB2, 3, or World. A lot of people don't see the connection here and complain about the series. I think they've hit the peak with Mario Maker.

Some more SMB2 elements would help imo.

Yeah I think it's more popular because more people have an easier time controlling 2D characters.

This. Only retards on /v/ say something like that.

The tech will be so cheap in 20 years. The thing is they make NES/SNES/N64 controllers to pander to nostalgia instead of making a quality product.

You don't need to reply to every post in the thread, nobody here actually gives a shit about your opinions.

buy gravity rush Gor, closest you'll get to a game with soul on the PS4

Are any of your all-time favorite games on the 3DS? Almost every 3DS game I've played has been at best good with a number of flaws, and at worst, pretty bad.

>Pokemon XY
frequent framerate drops, unfinished areas, megas, bad pacing, too many "remember rby?" moments, no postgame. it's also kind of cliche to complain about the difficulty in pokemon games, but it was a joke, even for this series.
the regional dex was really good, though.

>Pokemon ORAS
the same difficulty and framerate issues, really ugly locations, and the removal of Emerald's content

>Fire Emblem Awakening
lol

>Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
really fun and challenging gameplay, but the story and characters were terrible. could probably have been fixed by a decent localization. "rawr, that means I love you!"

>Dragon Quest 7
combat is kind of samey, (even for dq) thin air/scorch trivializes random encounters and boss fights are just oomph/muster strength/knuckle sandwich and multiheal. okay story, but a lot longer than it needed to be. I'll get around to doing the postgame one of these days

>Virtue's Last Reward
pretty nice story and puzzles, but with a garbage ending. nowhere near as great as 999

>Zero Time Dilemma
bad story, bad models, bad puzzles. I did really like a lot of the characters, though.

>Bravely Default
fun classes, brave/default is a fun mechanic, mostly boring story, backtracking really took me out of the last quarter of the game

>Xenoblade Chronicles
framerate and graphics are my only complaints, really. the framerate drops in certain boss fights are still enough to ruin a lot of it for me.

>Shin Megami Tensei IV
far too easy, especially when comparing it to other SMT games. garbage overworld that could have been fixed by marking locations and giving you a minimap.

>Etrian Odyssey Untold
gameplay is still very vanilla and not really fixed from the original, content locked behind a mediocre story mode

1/2

>Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
all you're missing out on by playing classic mode is the Fafnir class, which I don't care for. almost every time you see a new FOE you get a message telling you to watch it's movement patterns before going anywhere near it, which gets really annoying. my only other real complaint is that boss fights are kind of poor. it has a great class list and the difficulty is just right, even on expert mode.

>Super Smash Bros.
shouldn't be played on a handheld, simple as that. the wii u version is just superior in every way.

>Rune Factory 4
the gameplay is just an inferior Secret of Mana. subpar plot, farming is too one-dimensional, and the characters are boring.

>Fantasy Life
it's bad

>Animal Crossing: New Leaf
suffers from the classic "punishes you for not playing every day" problem that all AC games have. too slow and the mayor stuff could have been implemented better.

The only games I can think of that don't have any glaring flaws are Shovel Knight and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, one being a port that's on every other console, and the other being too hard for me. Kirby Triple Deluxe is pretty good, too.

this post is probably fucking shit because I haven't slept in three days

i bought a ps4vr and move controllers and shit and my wiiu further decays

you forgot ALBW -- it's not the best 2D Zelda (that's Link's Awakening) but someone could put it on a list of their all-time favorite games and they wouldn't get laughed out of the room.

Fantasy Life isn't bad; you just have to be in the mood for a checklist simulator. It's not great but it is one of the comfiest games on the 3DS, and the 3DS has a ton of comfy games.

I do agree that none of my all-time favorite games are on the 3DS, but part of that jus might be cuz I'm gettin older.

Can anyone in a PAL region (other than Australia) check whether Super Mario 3D World and Tropical Freeze have gone down in price on the eShop?
The prices are meant to go down with the physical Nintendo Selects being release but they're still full price in Australia.

>you forgot ALBW
Quite a few of the games I've played weren't included, I just didn't feel like going on for three or four posts.

Have you tried Soul Hackers? It's one of my favorite Megaten games. Has probably the best demon conversations, too.

>Fantasy Life isn't bad; you just have to be in the mood for a checklist simulator.
I would argue that it's bad.
It's got great presentation but the lack of depth or meaningful content completely kills it.
Hell, Animal Crossing has more depth and complexity to it than Fantasy Life.
I was hoping for a sequel that would fix up all it's problems but Level 5 just sprung for making mobile shit so now Fantasy Life will never get the game it's presentation deserves.
Ever Oasis looks like it might scratch that itch for a cutesy action-RPG though, even if it won't all the additional classes that FL had.

Yeah, I stopped playing it a while ago because it was getting boring, though. I'll think about picking it back up one of these days.

quite a few of the games he's played weren't included, he just didn't feel like going on for three or four posts

funnily enough he did feel like including sequels and ports, but he left off some of the most critically acclaimed 3ds games

>he left off some of the most critically acclaimed 3ds games
Zelda games have never interested me and I haven't played a Mario game in years. What other critically acclaimed games am I forgetting? I'd play Kid Icarus if I could find a physical copy for a decent price, I'm not interested in Rhythm games, and Luigi's Mansion just isn't interesting to me.

>Level 5 just sprung for making mobile shit so now Fantasy Life will never get the game it's presentation deserves.
Meanwhile it's been damn near a year and there is still NOTHING new about Ni no Kuni 2. Fucking Level 5 and Bamco ruining Fantasy Life and NNK.

>he keeps digging himself in deeper
you can't make this stuff up, folks

>MK7
>SM3DL
>DKCR3D
>Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
>Kirby Planet Robobot
>Boxboy / BOXBOYBOY!
>Style Savvy series
>Phoenix Wright series
>Pocket Card Jockey
>Pushmo / Crashmo
>OoT3D / MM3D

there's plenty more where that came from if you want to say all of these are shit

Anyone else finished DQ7 and know how to get this tablet piece? Please

You put some mediocre stuff in there bro, especially
>MK7
>SM3DL
>Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
>>>>>Pocket Card Jockey

>bro
guess again

also he asked "what critically acclaimed games am I missing?", so I listed some critically acclaimed games he missed

mediocre stuff would be stuff like Sticker Star and probably whatever that user's favorite games are

>MK7
>SM3DL
>Dream Team
I've already said I haven't played a Mario game in years, they just stopped interesting me

>DKCR
that falls under ports, which you already said I'm apparently not allowed to complain about.
I haven't played the 3DS release, but the original Wii version was good.

>Robobot
>Boxboy
They're on my backlog

>Style Savvy
Nobody has ever actually given me a reason why this series is anything other than mediocre dress up games.

>Phoenix Wright
I bought the trilogy. The first one was decent, but I never got around to playing the rest.

>Pocket Card Jockey
>Pushmo/Crashmo
>critically acclaimed

>OOT3D/MM3D
I already told you that I'm not interested in Zelda games.

>there's plenty more where that came from if you want to say all of these are shit
So mediocre=shit now? There were only a few games that I said were outright bad.

>and probably whatever that user's favorite games are
Oh, you were baiting the entire time, my mistake.

just noticed i forgot to post this

>Noitu Love
>Futuridium EP Deluxe [N3DS]
>River City Tokyo Rumble (Is it worth the $30?, apparently it's really short)

>Dasshutsu Adventure Zetsubou Yousai [JP]

you didn't need to post this -- according to that one user, the 3ds library is nothing but shit and ports with bad framerates

>these games are flawed but good

>what the fuck? why do you think every game is shit?

has anyone else seen this lost reavers thing on the wiiu, is it any good?

to me, it was a good flavor of the month type game like Sub Divers or Rusty's Real Deal Baseball

It actually had a decent amount of depth, but it had some bonehead decisions that kept it from having any real staying power (switching characters was a hassle, game was pretty buggy for me where some days I simply couldn't attack zombies)

it's worth checking out, because if you like it, it's one of those games you could pour lots of hours into it. If they introduced a sequel for $15 on the Switch eShop that improved on the original, they might have something on their hands

was? how old is this thing? have I really been out of the loop that long.

finally Leo

It's called bumping the thread, kid.

I have a vita and vita TV.

Maybe since the beginning of the year? It was out on beta for a long time.

Why the fuck did no one tell me that Tetris Attack for the SNES is a must have? Jesus christ, it is gorgeous and super fucking fun.

>It's called bumping the thread, kid.
Well I would appreciate it if you would stop.

Because you haven't been listening.
Panel de Pon/Puzzle League/Tetris Attack has always been highly praised on every release.
I hope they put Tetris Attack on the Switch Virtual Console. The Joy-Cons would be great for a quick round of local multiplayer.

And by Tetris Attack I mean Panel de Pon. I forgot that was the only version that got released on the Wii Virtual Console.

who has switched to an android phone
i have

Oh, OG Panel de Pon was on the Wii VC? Can you still buy it?

Also, fair enough. I knew the puzzle game itself was good, but I didn't expect the menus, music, sound effects etc. to be this good.

JP only unfortunately.
However, Pokemon Puzzle League is still available to purchase on the Wii VC in all regions which is great if you don't mind Pokemon voices all the time. Considering it's the only way to play local multiplayer in PdP/TA/PL on a current Nintendo console, I'd say it's worth it.
I even plunked down for two Wii Classic Controllers just for that (and F-Zero X but that's coming to the Wii U VC soon).
Of course, if you're only interested in Single Player, the GBC Pokemon Puzzle Challenge is on the 3DS VC. It's got a smaller play area compared to the home console versions/later handheld versions but the "Story" Mode is a great challenge and the bonus Puzzle mode is incredible. I'm still stuck on the Puzzle Mode because the difficulty and complexity of the puzzles ramps up like crazy.

I'd love to see the original Panel de Pon brought over to the west but the current set-up doesn't me leave completely high and dry.

playing the original Donkey Kong Country for the first time
Diddy Kong is faster and jumps higher. Why would I ever use Donkey Kong?

Because Donkey does what Diddy don't.

also how the fuck do I get to this barrel
the enemies start running again before I can get the tire anywhere near it

oh ok thanks

There are some enemies that only Donkey Kong can deal with.

I WANT TO FUCK THIS KONG

I don't know what to tell you, I don't remember there being much of a trick to it. You just go fast. You can probably reach it from where the tire is in that pic.

Well, I bought Tetris Attack and it has local multiplayer, so I should be fine for now.

>Well, I bought Tetris Attack and it has local multiplayer, so I should be fine for now.
Physical?

Yeee. I bought a SNES about 6 months ago and started collecting. I have a flash cart for games out of my price range like EVO, but for stuff like this, I don't mind.

Tetris Attack is currently my only puzzle game for it.

Well I'm jealous.
Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon/Puzzle League/whatever the fuck the next installment will call it is my second favourite puzzle game series (and my absolute favourite Rising Screen puzzle game series).

Yeah, it seems really great. I still love Meteos with all my soul though. Dem unlocks, boy.

zelda sucks_____ on page 8

Discuss.

Looks like w101

looks like excrement

epic

I switched to an android phone with ps4 remoteplay and got a better experience