/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Japanese and Hong Kong (with English text) CF console versions are out.
- CF will be released on November 1st in the US and November 4th in Europe.
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories and Chronophantasma Extend are available on Steam.
- Es DLC will be available to download for free 1 week after the US release.
- Mai DLC has been released in Japan, will be available from November 1st in the US.
- CF demo available in US PSN from October 11th; does not include Es or Mai.

> USEFUL LINKS
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-/blaz/ Discord
discord.gg/DKTKFMg

Eventually

disgusting std ridden slut

I bet they can cure STDs with Ars Magus in the future so I'm sure she's clean.

NU!

If they can cure STDS why couldn't they fix Jin?

You're going to buy our game on Tuesday, right /blaz/?

>Guymam dropped Naoto for Mai
Who do I watch now?

There's still Kamikaze

Playable Kajun when? All of Remix Heart should be playable; also they should get a versus theme.

Because Jin's injury is magic power overuse based, and STD are natural

We can't fix magic based injuries with magic?

I miss the multicharacter OPs and not this fgg waifu stuff

Tsubaki is a bitch.

Noel is a boy

Makoto is a skank

Why don't they add BB avatars to the NA PSN store?

>we take dub from gajin
>we make gajin buy two version AND es
>we delay gajin version
>gajin expect avatars
and I rafff

WHEN YOU DIE

It's ogre. Mai is the last character being added.

How would you feel if the NA version was full of memes

what does that even mean

Like if the translation was like Borderlands 2

Shiori is a lesbian

>Tfw Avatars on the EU store

Who?

are you seriously gonna make me wait until december

There already are a bunch of jokes so it doesn't seem weird.

Kajun is a nerd.

Jubei will be out in November. November 2200.

>tfw you'll never fuck Jubei while forcing Nine to watch

Hope you like kunzite.

Don't worry, Nine auto pilots so when I see her finish the spell I'll just jump back

Kept you waitin huh...

i'll be dead or too old to fuck him then god damnit

Is Makoto the mascot character of Blazblue?
She seems to be the most well known female.

God I hope not.

Makoto and Taokaka are probably the most known in the west.

>Guys
Ragna
>Girls
Noel
>Villains
Hazama/Terumi

No that's Noel.

You got a problem with squirrel tits m8?

Hakumang is

Are the robutts good for beginners???

When your series mascot is some half naked slut it kind of hurts the integrity of the game you know?

Alpha never.

>blazblue
>having integrity

Anyone that gets triggered by anime tits already avoids the game anyway so who cares?

Susanoo terumi murdering all the makotofags, maifags and secondaryfags in a cutscene when?

I guess so. I don't they have any super tough execution barriers.

>nu sprite without her visor playable never
They cold have at least done that to make her and Lambda different, different astrals never too

this

calm down edgelord and focus on trying not to get beat by any makotofags, maifags and secondaries

I hope Mai gets this in the next balance patch.

>calm down edgelord and focus on trying not to get beat by any makotofags, maifags and secondaries
come on, i'm not that bad.

Because as a whole, it hurts the game. I'll give you an example, Queens Blade, now battle books are pretty fun to play, but if you ask the average QB fan what a battle book was, they wouldn't be able to tell you. The anime has vastly overshadowed the game, leaving the game and solid core mechanics of it in the dust, and the series as a whole just about biganime tiddeeees. Same way with how they're many waifufags in BB who don't even play the games.

I'm just saying, if you were to ask a person about BB would you rather them say "Oh you mean that thing with the half naked squirrel chick" or "Oh you mean that fighting game?"

Who knows man, one of them might surprise you

>Mai with infinite blockstrings AND a coup droit that guard breaks
YES

>it hurts the game
What you mean to say is that they actually know their audience and give them what they want, instead of pandering to people who were going to shy away from the games regardless.

>give them what they want
But Makoto is one of the most irrelevant characters in the game, and contributes next to nothing. She's kinda just there and doesn't play any type of roll.

I'm talking about in terms of themes and designs. People who buy the games very much do not mind and likely even prefer fanservice. Removing or neglecting such things just to make it "have some integrity" wouldn't benefit them in any way.

Giving the game a slightly better image to the public doesn't mean anything when the things you're toning down are still there. All it means is that you're half-assing aspects of the game which actually makes it sell just to please people who don't buy it in the first place.

>implying they want story relevance
Reading comprehension, do you know anything about that?

I just remembered the maifags that said she'll be oh so important and she'll "drive hazama back"

I'm pretty sure the people who would do shit like buy the japanese console version, or the HK version, or who play in arcades would give two shits about fanservice, the niggas with thousands of matches who attend tournaments and care about the -game- are the target audience.

The only people I remember saying that Mai would be important were her haters who were claiming that Mai would pull a Celica and hijack CF.

Well I don't frequent this thread much to see them anyways. I do know what she's about and still will play her. She scratches that dragoon itch too well to ignore.

YOUR game?

Nu isn't. Lambda is pretty easy. Mu is in the middle.

Is that so? Then why does ArcSys make products such as this one?

>the niggas with thousands of matches who attend tournaments
They are part of the targetted audience, but I'm pretty sure the fact that they have a fuckton of merchandising for the female characters, and a massive focus on story to the point where a large part of the resources go into it should clue you in on what type of audience BlazBlue has.

Competing in arcades and liking fanservice and stuff are not exclusive in the slightest, in fact some of the biggest arcades are located in Akihabara and other districts which have such culture surrounding them. Hell, if you want a more direct example, Zexo, the top Azrael in the arcades, talked about how his room was filled with Mai merch and posters.

Whether you like it or not, fanservice is a major selling point, hence why they keep designing characters that have major appeal in that area. They're not doing it to spite their playerbase, because their playerbase consists specifically of that.

No idea why the fuck you're even mentioning the HK version when their primary audience is fucking japanese.

Why was GG grandfinals at arc revo a single match?

Glad she's dead.

toushinai was an old school tournament with old school rules

Fanservice is important to fighting games because it makes money. It works. It's why people still give a shit about Darkstalkers. Fanservice isn't just a Blazblue thing, its literally in every fighting game with a female.

Also why do you care about dignity from video games. In general, video games tend to have really trashy character designs. Fighting games usually have some of the most trashiest designs you can find in video games. If you can't stand trash designs and want sophistication, you will be hard pressed to find it in video games let alone fighting games.

Because in Japan, it's either ft1 or ft10. You don't get Bo3 or Bo5 there for tournaments very often.

Use spoiler tags shithead

Dude...you're in /blaz/

Follow the replies, I'm arguing against the one who started complaining about the "integrity" of the franchise.

So what's it normally, FT10 like this guy said?
FT1 doesn't really give either player time to adapt though

Who has the worst Astral?

Naoto, Susan's also pretty bad for a new character

Naoto having Ragna's recycled felt like a waste. With Lambda I understand, but Naoto is just more unique in general for that.

Arakune

Bullet's Astral is just underwhelming enough to fit her character, so I'll say Susan.

Arcade tournament standard in japan used to be FT1, it was like that for ages, hence the old school. In both north and south america, also in china I think, the arcade standard was best of 3, and best of 5 for 3D games where you die fast like doa or soul cal and shit and in the last like 20 years or so it's been adopted heavily by japanese since it's typically a better gauge of who's better than a first to 1.

I like Susan's, he just breaks everything. Sure I expected something different but I found it pretty fitting.

It's just so boring considering how Hazama and Terumi's astrals look great. I understand they wanted to make a parallel to Hakumen's astral but just filling the screen with green and black stuff wish Susan staying mostly still is really lazy. Specially since the guy is the final boss and story unlock

The sword slashes have no impact though which really kills the effect, it is visually interesting, but so is Es which is also pretty bad

CS Mu

Hibiki's astral could have been really cool but the character sprite turning around looks goofy as fuck

I don't disagree but I guess the thematics worked for me since his entire character exists to break everything Amaterasu made and his strength is enough for just one slash to do all that damage.

I dont even think JP has blazblue avatars at least not recently

which one of you fucks keeps shitposting in /v/ about buying ____'s game i know its one of youfuckers

Maifag

Some memeing Maifag more like.
Not sure how the actual one feels about Blazblue threads being filled with sissys looking for a place to call their own after healslut threads disappeared.

Either way, i hate both

I don't make threads on /v/. Stop blaming me for every post you dislike.

Pretty sure it's not

TWO

COUNT THEM

TWO DAYS

When another game with male (female) shows up It'll die. Probably

TSUKINUKERU

If it takes too long for psn to update i rage.

>My Copy of CF still hasn't shipped
It'll show up on time r-right?