/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Choose your faction edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video :
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16 :
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/HPJiGhg0

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module recommendations:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!o5g3nAiY!Mv1fVljpCfCWykQW-fTqycWvq4zQ-5aRuTxUpMsN_F8

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

I SAID I WAS GOING TO DO IT YOU FUCKING NIT

murderfaggot the (non trip-)fag is the biggest cancer of /mbg/ and needs to go if this general wants to ever be good again

See spoiler in

answer me

I swear I am going to sit down on the toilet and piss up into my face.

shitting up the place constantly with self-important avatarfagging which is against the rules.

avatarfags don't understand that its still avatarfagging if its related to the thread

no i want to see this retard's logic

Stop arguing about dumb shit and post mountain blades

If you keep posting the same webms, which are either due to filenames or nature of your post, clearly distinguishable as yours and your posts, then yes, its avatarfagging. It really doesn't matter what content someone posts, avatarposting is related to having a set of distinguishable images to identify your posts as yours.

why do you think i have 137 M&B webms

>filename
everytime.
Also : don't even bother, you're only validating him by doing so.
Plus he can't actually do shit, especially if I post actual game/mod content.

oh ok
it's not like i name them because it'd be a mess to figure out which ones are which or anything

i'm not sure it is what point you're trying to make but if you seriously think that murderfags constant posting of museumshit, so people can identify him(especially in regards to making new threads) is NOT avatarfaggin, then you're a fucking retard who should read the FAQ and rules again(if you ever bothered to read them)

Now stop avatarfagging yourself.

hey museum user post some pistols

>Now stop avatarfagging yourself.
ok

So marshall called us to join his 'campaign'. I, being and idiot, arrive there from the other side of the map, expecting some serious action...then, all of us proceed to stand there for 3 days. Bam, quest completed, everyone's gone. 10 seconds later I get an invitation to a feast at Sargoth

Like fucking really guys, you throw a feast just cuz you remained stationary together at some shithole
Man peaceful time most be hard for these guys

I hope Bannerlord allows players to take towns castles in ways other than convincing lords to join you/ sieging them. Would make rebellions much easier

I want to like the Battanians, but come on they're just going to be assfucked from every direction.

>Now stop avatarfagging yourself.
What about rhodok edit user :^)
I would'nt want to validate this faggot

WFAS even has new siege options which should've been added to native

You know the drill everyone, report & ignore all the shitposters.

>tfw cutting down dozens of the enemy with my cavalry while my infantry looks on

That's not the point. We all name our personal files for those reasons. The point is that if you keep posting the same webms with the same names, so that they can clearly be distinguished as yours, then thats literally what avatarposting is about. I'm not the guy freaking out over it, but thats what avatarfagging is.

I don't think those couple of webms alone actually make you an avatarfag, but if you'd keep going in said direction, it would be considered such. I myself was avatarfagging a while ago by posting images from Angus McBride(the best historical illustrator imo.) But that was involuntarily, because I simply wanted to share these images. Nonetheless, everybody could figure out that its the same guy doing so.

Actually this wasn't done by the usual rhodok propaganda fag. I'm the guy who requested that image to be made into a rhodok meme, but I thought its silly to ask someone else to do it, when this is no drawfag thread and just manned up

>so that they can clearly be distinguished as yours
that sounds incredibly vague
>I myself was avatarfagging a while ago by posting images from Angus McBride
i don't think anybody would've considered that avatarfagging except for that sperg
not to mention nobodies said anything till this one guy

>that sounds incredibly vague
That's what I mean, when the point is reached that its not vague anymore, then we got ourselves some avatarposting

>not to mention nobodies said anything till this one guy
this

Any guys from the 14Tenn or the 12e? I don't know how many of you were in regiments

well we're not at that point, the dude posts armors because he takes pictures of them and knows we appreciate them, it's not for some sort of identity

That's retarded. So do we need to change our filenames everytime we post so it's not considered avatarposting?

imagine being someone who complains about ""avatar""fagging"" on Veeky Forums and struggling to do everyday tasks because you are so autistic

>then we got ourselves some avatarposting

this is some serious autism, what makes you the moral police of this general you sperg

Its been a long while since I last saw NW being posted or discussed here. Though I remember some anons having had a bad experience with NW servers.

yes!! report and ignore the ONE PERSON in this shitty general whos actually trying to enforce the rules you geniuses
you know what? go fuck yourself with your circlejerking slurp it all up for all i care im done

I haven't played NW in a year or 2 but I used to be apart of a lot of regiments

bye

Have you guys heard about Prussia?

I actually do that. I redownload images I post so they have the numbers code. Exactly for the reason of preventing avatarfagging.

Jesus user you might want to calm down. They didn't really break the rules and even if they did, it's not a particularly harmful infraction

what the fuck is this guy talking about

Don't reply to him he's clearly shitposting

Nothing in that image has anything to do with prussia though. You're about a century too far.

>go fuck yourself with your circlejerking slurp it all up for all i care im done
Bye, have a nice evening faggot

He's one of those elusive SJWs that simply make up allegations when it fits their agenda.

If that 16hrs tag is on point and you just made that screenshot, then it could have something to do with dickplomacy having been on the frontpage of the mb subreddit.
I didn't check the thread though, so I dunno what they talked about in there

>criminal record for sending threats to children
what the fuck

Maybe dickplomacy is bad

>making such things up over a mod because there is rape in it

This dude is probably 40 and still lives with his parents

Fucking Sarranids and their shitty Jarids.
Should I sell out my kingdom to another faction?

>being banned possibly hundreds of times
Literally wtf'd out loud. If I were random dude knowing nothing about Dickplomacy I would've maybe believed that review without that part, but that shit is just wack

>tfw Bannerlord hype is ruining your enjoyment of Warband

Well there you have it, Reddit attempts to ruin yet another good thing. They wont succeed, I know, but they're trying very hard.

reminds me of mitchymatt's ramblings about falconian's

Is that a fork? Also, with the combat text so small, is the rest of the text ingame also that small? As far as I know, changing the fontsize in the ini does it for all the text no?

Make a Warband mod that uses Bannerlord troop trees, factions, get rid of plate armors, stick to chain, scale and lamellar

really now

I know that feeling. I wish I wasn't aware of MB2, I keep comparing features to how I think they'll be in Bannerlord.

>158873223
>...slurp it all up for all i care im done
If only. Shouldn't you have killed yourself by now? Still waiting for that headline.

>Take towns without negotiation nor sieges
I am an Empire Sim fanatic and can't think of what alternative you are referring to. If you instigate a peasant uprising it would still fundamentally be a siege with either a peasant force to boost your numbers or a weakening of the fortifications before the siege.

This wouldn't be so annoying if the food/morale system weren't so debilitating to the player. Well it would still be due to opportunity cost just that this makes it worse.

Marshal quests are terrible too. Half the time I scout out territories only then go on a treasure hunt on a Marshall that changed objectives or worst essentially got routed. I am always at a financial net negative whenever I purchase cattle for the Marshall as well.

I still do Marshall quests so I can slowly build up relations with my future vassals but I've become increasingly prone to refusal. There aren't any real negatives for doing so actually.

>visit the m&b leddi
>module hall of fame
>1 Prophesy of Pendor KEK
>2 A Clash of Kings
>3 Anno Domini 1257
>4 Gekokujo
>5 Brytenwalda
>6 Floris
>7 Warsword Conquest
>8 The Last Days
>9 A World of Ice and Fire
>10 L'aigle
Holy fuck, I knew redditors had shit taste but this is another level

it's a katar, made one a while ago and threw it in my diplomacy
another one of the gimmick weapons i've done like the flail really
>Also, with the combat text so small, is the rest of the text ingame also that small?
it's the 1257 font, i swapped it in my native directory because i vastly prefer it over vanilla warband's
i guess it's small when the webm's cropped to 600x400 but i'm on a 1080 monitor so it's perfectly legible

but /mbg/ plays and talks about most of those too

yeah I wouldn't care at all if he just said my mod was shit, I get that all the time and I agree
but where the fuck did "criminal record for sending threats to children" come from

those are probably our top 10 mods too, just in a different order

Yes but assuming it's in descending order
>PooP at #1
>ACoK at #2
>TLD that low
>Brytenwalda
>AWoIaF
>L'unfinished

i think he's just a bored edgy kid trying too hard to shit on everyone. think nothing of it man

Pretty much what these two said Only Gekonewer, COMM, Dickplomacy and Undead Calradia are talked about here more than some of those. Other than that, take the rankings away and you got our list as well.

you should put some features from WFAS in your mod

>it's the 1257 font, i swapped it in my native directory because i vastly prefer it over vanilla warband's
Oh shit I never thought about doing that. Fuck me man...

Whats so good about TLD?

Any tips for the escaped convict start in Caribbean ?

This is a pretty standard list m8. The only notable cons I can think of is a lack of a true Native+ module (which is typically one of the Diplomacys) and lack of Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth (which makes sense as it is a module that was released long after the height of Warband's popularity and still feels a little unfinished).

Considering that Floris isn't #1 I am rather impressed actually. PoP should be #1 despite /mbg/'s hate for the mod simply because it was among the first "complete" modules that goes back to original M&B. Furthermore it was never intended to have mass appeal in the first place due to the module advertising itself as "hardcore" (although ironically it is actually one of the easier mods now).

Floris was always a clusterfuck that was endlessly shilled as basically a replacement to Native.

I'm a bit surprised that Warsword but I guess any Warhammer mod is going to be top ten by default.

>yeah I wouldn't care at all if he just said my mod was shit
a-are you the original dickplomacy user?

yes

>Floris was always a clusterfuck that was endlessly shilled as basically a replacement to Native.
as it should be. its the definite native+ experience. i know you fags like to meme and greentext abuut it but its still the best native+ experience for the game

So, Europe 1200. Does it have more substance than lots of villages and towns and historically-correct(?) lords? The last update was in 2013 so it's pretty much dead now.

It is. I understand the hate for the extended troop trees and terrible graphics, but it's still one of the best mods out there. Surprises me that Reddit didn't put it at #1 desu.

>reddit
well that explains it
I just tried to make an account to comment there but apparently I can't post for 24 hours or something

Oh shit you're not dead!
Now finish your other mod, you didn't think we had forgotten did you? :^)

i guess the fucked up troop trees ruined it for everyone

Understandable to a certain degree, but you can pick mostly native troops as a solution. Rhodoks and Khergits are still a little overpowered tho. Considering most people here love the butterking I understand the hate for Floris.

I don't get the troop trees complaint, yeah its big with some factions having more redundancies than others but the factions still play to their original strengths. I'd rather have large, redundant troop trees than homogenized troops.

what other mod

Are you insinuating that moddb is not a bastion of reasoned and insightful critique?

Am I the only one that still shits on Gekokujo for being boring and shallow because of all troops being common pool?

Fucking bores me as well m8, same shit with AD1257. So much copy paste and only some mercenaries are a little unique.

no
it's a borefest for weebs

>No Silverstag
I thought most people thought it was like an improved Floris, Windyfields or whatever the name is a Redditor even.

yep put it in the common directory so it has that font for any mod that doesn't have a custom font
did it for WFAS and original M&B too

turks/azeris are still mad about uyghur genocide it seems

Floris with all of it's features enabled is one of the least Native mods out there. Especially when you consider even fundamental game play elements like weapon animations being changed for the worst, as many features of the module.. Floris with it's features enabled is among the worst "base line" for Warband a new player can have, only mods like The Last Days can compete here.

If you are going to strip down Floris to resemble Native you are better off just playing Native or Diplomacy.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

I get it actually. It feels kind of like a cheat when you're running around with a tier 5 to 7 army together with 10 surgery. Barely any of your troops ever get killed because they're so strong and most lords have a tier 1-4 core army, so they're easily wiped aside. Go with heavily armoured Nord infantry or Rhodok fucking everything and it's 2-3 troopers killed per large battle.

At that point you've already won the game, except for the most lopsided battles.

hey dickplomacy user, are you working on any other mods? or do you plan on starting one in the future?

I think it'd be the best one out of all of 'em if Cavalry wasn't completely useless.

to be fair only very few mods change the meta of amassing top tiers and steamrolling the game
1257 sort of does because of the scale of the mod and top tiers can still be murdered by lower tiers thanks to the way the mod is balanced
VC does due to a mix of the above and much slower troop level progression
caribbean sort of does because it's almost like a standardized army of no upgrades due to the recruitment system, where you enlist men for their role specifically and they don't upgrade
warwolf does the same sort of thing where troops don't upgrade

The equipment selection for Native and Diplomacy is pretty bare, and the scenes are mostly shit.

Hey man got a suggestion, add a drug feature. Like smoking opium for temporary agility boost, other drugs too with different effects.

Then if you use too much you get addicted and start to lose stats if you don't get your fix.

it's actually pretty varied but due to the way equipment is balanced most everything behaves similar/the same
>and the scenes are mostly shit.
i think everything is fine besides the siege scenes (which are too simplistic) and the battle scenes (which are randomly generated)