Ive had a boner for the Dodge Charger for about a year now

>Ive had a boner for the Dodge Charger for about a year now.
>get a new job
>decided to test drive one
>felt absoulty nothing while driving it.
>boner lost

anyone else get this feeling? I've looking at small jap cars now to purchase, Civic,Mazda something fuel efficient after I lost my "bug"

I always wanted a mustang or camaro as a kid. Got an 80s FR shitbox that handles well as first car. Test drive pony car and it just feels fucking heavy as hell. Yeah going fast in a straight line is fun I guess, but otherwise the car feels pretty normal.

I know the feel op. I test drove the FiST/FoST and fell in love though.

>anyone else get this feeling? I've looking at small jap cars now to purchase, Civic,Mazda something fuel efficient after I lost my "bug"
Too bad, they're all Modern Cars™

It doesn't help that you had a boner for a piece of shit.

Go drive an FR-S/BRZ/MX5, rev it out to redline with your foot on the floor and take some corners faster than you think you should.

I really wanted a GTI, because it was supposedly the ultimate in sport compacts, but I drove test drove one and nearly fell asleep. Then I went and test drove a slower car, the 8th gen civic si and the driving experience was a night and day difference. bought the civic a few days later. People call me a ricer now, but I honestly don't care it's fun as fuck to drive lol

>MX5
im a 4door fag, im a teacher so I like chucking all my shit in the back.

He said 3 options not just the mx5. Fucking learn to read you fucktard teacher

None of which are 4 door, learn to count you autistic faggot.

>thinks 2 door cars are always 2 seaters
What the fuck do you like chucking in the back if it doesn't fit in a 2+2 car

You know you can change the factory suspension setup? Make it heaps firmer and some of the sporty feel will return.

Legit didn't realize you were talking Charger not Challenger.

Go look at Mazda3, WRX, Focus ST, Fiesta ST, and maybe GTI/Golf or Mini depending on budget.

>dat mini cooper will get all the slutty english teachers wet

>sporty feel

Lipstick on a pig. Suspension won't fix the fact that it weighs nearly 4,000 lbs.

DAT ass.

Had the opposite feel. Test driving a bunch of cars, thought I'd hate the FRS, but out of all the cars I test drove it was the one that actually made me happy to be driving it. Yeah it's got shit power, but I could confidently put my foot to the floor on twisting roads and the car wouldn't fight back, every other car was pig fat, or just wanted to tear tires off

Tarbo it for powah

Her ass is too big

What irreversibly turned me off from fast cars was the realization that it is illegal to drive off the speed limit.

I can't handle the constant paranoia of cops in every corner.

Now I just drive a Honda and a comfy cruiserbike. I guess it's safe.

No autocross or track days nearby?

That shits a requirement when I'm figuring out where to live.

fast cars are incredibly boring as daily drivers. it's more fun to drive slow cars faster than it is to drive fast cars slower.

Never thought about that. Are they safe, or will an inexperienced person just floor it, lose control and flip their car 10 times and die?

lol the slowest ones are 14 seconds

i ran a stock gt in the quarer mile, got away with a 13.9 i think

There are professional lessons you can get if you want. You can also drive at relatively slow pace while you get comfortable with your car and skills.

>Boner for the 350z

Never drove one. Will I lose it?..

Thank you very much. I just had a eureka moment. I completely forgot about tracks.

It's like owning guns but not shooting them because I don't know there are ranges to shoot in.

>or will an inexperienced person just floor it, lose control and flip their car 10 times and die?

Do you legitimately fear you will do this unintentionally? Do you lack basic motor control skills? If so this may not be for you.

Autocross rarely exceeds freeway speeds, around here they're all done on airfields so the only thing to hit is cones and course workers. Usually $50-$75 the $/seat time ratio is unappealing but it's more about the challenge. 3-12 runs depending on the group at 45-75 seconds per run.

You can do it in just about anything, I've seen a Chevy Volt and Prius and BMW i3 out there. As long as the car is in good condition it'll probably be fine. Find a group that offers instructors or a class, car clubs like BMW and Lotus and Audi offer car control clinics for modest prices to get you comfortable. SCCA is just about everywhere but mostly geared for competition odds are they offer the fewest runs but the most people show up.

Track days (HPDE) are more serious, higher stakes, more expensive but you can go out there and legit thrash around at 10/10ths, hanging onto a car as the back end dances through the corkscrew at Laguna Seca is a once in a lifetime experience. Good groups have high quality instructors that will keep you comfortable and above all safe while you figure out what it takes to go fast.

Legitimately I'm never putting myself in a position where I don't own a car that can't do these things (big truck, SUV, or total shitbox). Good tires, good brakes, decent alignment and you are likely 90% of the way to a competent car you can drive at 10/10th's over the weekend

No problem user. Have fun zooming around tracks

Thanks for the info and thanks for spending your time to explain this for me.

TRACK DAY BRO
R
A
C
K

D
A
Y

B
R
O

I drove a sedan Mazda 3 2009, shit could go 0 to 70 miles in like 6 second, you want a sporty feel, that's affordable, get that. I myself am in e opposite boat as you, I've been eye raping the Dodge Charger and challenger range for the last 4 months now, seriously considering getting one.

>Challenger
Every time I see one I think I could slap a mast and a sail on it and have a half-decent barge. Just too big.

>2016
>Advising anyone to get an MX5

I drove a stick shift Challenger scat pack a while back and I can't stop thinking about it. Love is hard.

Can I get a source, I want to see that big booty get plastered.

R
A
D
A
R
DETECTOR BRO

>needs 4doors
>teacher
"hey kids you need a ride home?" :^)