/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Neato Edition

>Previous
>1.08 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/241332569600668256

>Ashes of Ariandel DLC Stuff
pastebin.com/W1XH72P2

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/23/?
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/56/?
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/21/?
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/132/?
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/135/?
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/45/?
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/8/?
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/107126
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for fastrolling bloodring

>Washing one
>Balanced

Pick pole

Fourth for warrior nun

Third for Farron Followers

What build would Miyazaki use?

99 in everything except faith

8th for SPOOKS
black leather set with no helm
some light, wooden greatshield
some spear

NEW THREAD WHEN?

hey guys, doing a sl1 run and creighton won't invade me outside of the church of yorshka bonfire in the graveyard. I haven't killed pontiff and ember form, but won't invade any ideas?

Is Greataxe just a worse range Yhorm's or do they have some sort of moveset difference?
Can someone drop Yhorm's/his soul for me?

Just looking for a yes/no here.

Is the Painted World of Ariendel treating me differently (dialogue, etc) because I'm on a Yuria/Lord of Londor character?

my dick

Rolling naked with Caesti. If you think it's a joke he made the Hands of God as a tribute to himself in Demon's Souls.

>facing dragonslayer spear user in arena
>rolls backwards from moonbeam so gets hit by it
>fire another one so he rolls towards me
>rolling attack parry
>all his health gone from one moonbeam + riposte
man, you gotta love duels that end as soon as they start

Did you go near the grave with the corvian in front of it?
That's where the invade trigger is.

>the vast amount of clipping and neck seams
Why isn't this patched yet? Don't they care about polishing their game?

You have to do the bridge encounter first

Does winning ever get boring?

I'm in that place now where I know the strategies that win and can use them and win all the time, over and over again, it's so easy. Yet if you try to meme with strategies that aren't good you'll just die over and over forever against the good shit.

idk how to feel, how to have fun again. I feel numb.

yap

Yeah, explored that whole area and have progressed sirris questline to there

Post your ideas for special paired weapons for second dlc.
>dual crossbows with bayonets on their ends allowing them to also serve as paired daggers, whole melee moveset is designed to push foes away from you and make them easier to shoot, WA is a double shot followed by double stab followup, with character auto-reloading both crossbows at the end of animation

Guess which game I'd stop playing if this got added

I mean you only need full Havel's & Wolf +2 if you want to poise through everything including other UGS' (but excluding Great Hammers).
To poise through GS infinitely you need 45 poise, which can be done wearing Gundyr's Set and Havel's Gauntlets.

Power stanced Smelter Demon swords from DS2

What's a good build for Freide's Scythes?

Eh... The Sims?

Will DeS ever come to PS4? I'm considering buying one for BB since I've heard it's pretty damn great. It'd be nice to also be able to experience DeS at some point too.

something that scales with faith

it already is friendo, you can stream it.

>Good enough, not great. What I'm reading about frame rate kinda makes me feel like it may be best left alone.
I played DS for about 150 hours recently with 60fps on and I got 3 glitches at bonfires like I said before. It was only when I sat then immediately left the bonfire, and it didn't always happen even when I did do that. Meanwhile the game actually feels nice and smooth the whole time. See how it goes - absolutely worst case scenario, you get stuck at a bonfire and have to quit the game and reload your save and will have lost nothing at all apart from about 50 seconds of your time.

Yeah, you just use the UI for DSFix to set the options. It even tells you what they do. If you want to use the Playstation buttons, better font and better flora, etc, you need to tick "enable texture overrides" or something to that effect in the UI.

Here are the mods I use. They're all "installed" (i.e. unzipped into a folder) in the same exact way, just read the instructions for one of them and do the same with all of them.

Better faces for character creation.
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/23/?
Better flora
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/56/?
Better font
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/21/?
Non-shitty distant buildings in Anor Londo
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/132/?
PS3 buttons
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/135/?
DSFix UI
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/45/?
Better status effect icons (personal taste, but they do look less "cheap")
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/8/?

DLC 2 IS Blighttown

xth for Bloodborne is kill

;_;

nice joke user

>6 player brawl
>Everyone using heavy weapons
>Dumbasses swarm into clusters of 3+ people
>Retards not realizing that it's letting people get easy triple kills when they do that

>Dumbasses attacking 3rd parties from behind when it won't lead to a kill instead of helping to pressure the two guys already fighting and who have already lost life leading to an easier kill

People in arena are retarded, god damn.

Greataxe has more AR than yhorm's and has better weapon art moves, and it's way lighter and has less requirements

Greataxe is great for lower levels

It's almost as though the arena is for fun

I wouldn't totally rule it out but there's no hint of it at the moment. You can subscribe to PS Now and stream it, though. There are plenty of other reasons to get a PS4, though. You should probably wait for the Pro, though.

why is it kill?
ain't there at least people to invade in ng ranges?

If you have +5/10 WM, sure
You can't drop boss souls btw

What about if I'm going to be pvping at 100+?

i'm tactically fucking retarded and i don't understand what any of this means i just like hitting people with my sword

can you re-explain this like i'm five?

It's nowhere near as active as it used to be. Invasions were slow even when it was

Like I said in another thread

>Great Shears

>Ugs pair of Scissors that sits on your shoulder

>Two handed you break it apart and have a scissor greatsword blade in each hand

>L1 moves are twinaxe like

>L2 snaps them back together but still two handed in a unique snippy snabbedy moveset, that transforms your full R1/R2/rolling/running etc movesets

Stream in this context means what? I'm mainly a PCfag (last console I owned/bought was the old ass fat xbox360 years ago) but the lure of BB has slowly dragged me in. As well as RDR2, even though I know rockstar will probably eventually bring it to PC for more shekels.

>steal kills
>win game

How much do you need to wait for an invasion in non-nightmare zone in appropriate level ranges?

oh you're implying that winning matters

literally only care about this game to hit people with my sword

>As well as RDR2, even though I know rockstar will probably eventually bring it to PC for more shekels.
PFFFFFFFFFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
hows that pc version of rdr1 PCuck?

It's like Nvidia Shield, basically.

You connect to a remote server which is basically a PS3, you then play whatever PS3 game you like (think Netflix for games) and your inputs are sent from your PS4 to the remote PS3, then the footage of what's happening on the remote PS3 is livestreamed back to your PS4. It actually works a lot better than you might be imagining, although it's still not perfect. You still get achievements, too.

>Greatbow + Lance attached with a chain.
You can either just attack with the lance, or two hand to shot the lance with the greatbow, then pull it back by the chain. If the shot hits, pulling it back also pulls the target.
STR A | DEX C
>spear with a flag + shortsword
The flag must be big and fly around beautifully during the combos
STR D | DEX D | FAI A
>twinblades that can be split into two straight swords
twinblade moveset normally, when two handed is two straight swords with more heavy oriented nature (like silver knight ss)
STR C | DEX C
>Vengarl's swords
But now at the right size
STR A | DEX -

So, how did you like the PvE side of the DLC?

My "review" :
+The areas. Snowfield looked gorgeous, was pretty meh but Corvian village and the cliffside combat was fun. There were a lot of physical shortcuts and you would have vistas that would show the levels.
+Sister Friede was a top quality boss
+Sir Vilhelm
+Painter girl good waifu
+weapons were fun
+the crow knights,followers,dillweed knights and Femtos were really fun to fight
-the puppers,flies,the unarmed crow people and girlwood were really easy
-Crabs again?
-Champion's Gravetender is an ok boss but he looks hella dumb
-CAN'T GET FEMTO'S ARMOR
-only one npc invasion

Overall 8/10

Probably yhorms, but also, yhorms uses alot more stamina too, you can only really do 2 R1's with the thing most of the time

Greataxe even with like 15 stamina at low levels let's me get off two swings and a third or a roll

I honestly think Yhorm's is overrated, and the weight makes it harder to get to the nice poise thresholds

a quickstep dagger would probably do the job, no?
I might be tired, but do the colors on the webm look ok?

hope you speak japanese

>tfw I automatically read R2D2

Wouldn't there be a lot of input lag?

I'm pretty sure you see someone's steam name with you invade them in 3.

I've gotten hatemail twice now.

overall pve was shit in dlc, however friede might be my favorite boss fight of das3

>newfag doesn't know how to see their names

Guess I'll stick with greataxe, thanks.

Not really. Maybe a tiny amount that could screw up pro-level CS or SF or something, but you're not really going to be doing that.

I have a shit internet connection (2mb download at best, about 150kb upload) and I could play PS3 games in the free trial period without any problem apart from a rare bit of image pixellation here and there.

It works surprisingly well, though it is the ultimate form of "you don't own your games, you just rent them".

Aw sweet, lucky that I was using my lord of hollows character for my first playthrough of the dlc.

>darth maul
>c/c
shoot uself

>>Greatbow + Lance attached with a chain.

Excellent idea. But, pulling back the target won't work

Instead, how it would be that is even if you miss, you can potentially hit someone with it pulling it on the way back. If you hit someone with it, pulling it back is just part of the combo that it gets and just does another burst of damage as it rips out of them.

>spear with a flag + shortsword

Nice as fuck.

>twinblades that can be split into two straight swords

If their swing speed is that of DaS1 silver knight, yes, I'm okay with this.

>Vengarl's swords

Good, but possibly the most OP shit in the game

Following ENB's streams and he says that DeS rerelease on PS4 is unlikely to happen but DeS might become available on PSNOW for PC.

>supporting shit like game streaming
Fucking never.

tons

online play is pretty shit but it's perfectly fine for pve

I honestly haven't tried to invade in a while. Last time was a month or two ago on my Byrgenwerth Bloodletter twink and it took way too long so I just gave up.

I'm thinking of firing up the PS4 for another playthrough later today, but I think my PS+ has run out so I won't be able to play online

If you're the guy that made those webms I remember your character from the /bbg/ days. Yours and Micolash-user's webms were always entertaining

Oh cool, I didn't know that menu existed.

Is there a list of everything you can do in the DLC?
I've fought the two bosses, and Donnel, and spoken to the Corvian in the settlement.

>play pure mage in 6 man brawl
>just run around until people lose interest and go into their melee battles
>shoot streams across the area when everyone is busy

finally playing a pure mage is paying off

>Good, but possibly the most OP shit in the game

Why so?

Just see how you go. I really prefer the thing despite the range, which you can make up for with another weapon (I have a spear/broadsword/battleaxe etc in the offhand)

Low reqs, decent stamina use, good damage, good weight for a greataxe, and it looks beautiful and not like a faggy warcraft weapon like alot of the other axes do

The new DLC axe is decent too if you're on a STR/FAI build, has yhorm's range but seems to be less stamina heavy

That's really sad to hear. Fucking PS+ being tied to online probably paid its part as well.
Yeah, i'm the guy who made them, glad someone found them fun.

>supporting shit like communicating with text to people remotely through phone lines instead of talking face to face
>supporting shit like not going to see live entertainment but seeing prerecorded footage of it beamed throuigh the air to a little box in the corner of your living room
Fucking never.

>that crown of dusk

I need criticism.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/107126

Anything I could improve on while staying at this level? Any idea what the best armor would be?

+10/10 exploration
+nice enemy variety
+weapons which are fun AND good
+friede was a great boss
+okay armor sets

-gravetendies sucked
-way too little content for the price

i really wish the DSSS was a bit smaller

it's so impractically fucking huge nothing looks good with it aesthetically

Okay, I got the painter in the attic.
What now?

There's a good amount of content for the price actually. Especially regarding to the most important thing, new weapons.

Do something illegal

>Centipede Demon

red rust scimitar and sword are bonkers huge with huge damage, and a single scaler dual weapon would mean pure str builds just fucking melt people

I'm imagining a longer broadsword that has the sellswords L1 spinspam. Yikes.

>Half the range of other whips
>Can be parried
>Still no backstabs or counters

>But you can whip yourself whenever you want

I love this weapon so much.

you turn the wheel in the fly room
I don't understand how so many people can miss it, it's not even hidden

PCucks will never ever play games like:
>GTA5
>MGS5
>Dragon's Dogma
>Dead Rising
>Dark Souls

NEVER EVER

Have an ice cream cone in my backpocket while in Alabama?

>tfw literally made best combatant multiple times in team matches with my flail cleric
>Iron duel badge because some people let me finish flailing myself
I'm gonna make it

>can be parried

Dropped, thanks Miyazaki

this image is extremely unsettling for me

the most important thing for me is the DLC map, and while it's fucking great, it's really damn small

What exactly does it do? Is it a weapon or a chime/tailsman?

WHY IS DARKHAND SO SLOW

I JUST WANT TO GRAB SOMEONE

Pure STR builds do need some edge tho, they have what, 2 viable weapons? And they are barely viable.

But when I said they would have the correct size, I meant they would be huge, being a GS + CGS dual weapon and with appropriate speed.

Yes

Alright dsg, whats the best curved greatsword? Been meaning to use one for forever, but just getting around to it.

>Is it a weapon or a chime/tailsman?

Yes.

I think its cute/pitiful. The poor things have no where to go.