What's the best way to listen to music in your car? USB, bluetooth, or auxiliary?

What's the best way to listen to music in your car? USB, bluetooth, or auxiliary?

aux or usb.

Just turn on the radio to your favorite station

its about the same now
but bluetooth audio quality is still inferior to the other two.

USB, hands down. No static from the cable, no problems externally processed sound. The problem with my headunit is that song choice is obnoxious. Shuffle mode shuffles all files on the USB stick, disregarding folders but when you click the next song button it plays the next file in the folder. Absolutely retarded. Which is why I use aux until I get a proper headunit.

With speakers

You won't be able to tell a difference. Aux, usb, bluetooth, cd, whatever.
Bluetooth is gonna be the "best" way because there's no wires and you can get bonus features like phone calling and stuff

Will the quality difference be noticeable?

Bluetooth, imo. Still connected but you don't have to worry about cords catching, tangling or getting worn out and/or tearing.

USB is also nice, but I'm a fag who uses Spotify.

yes but its not something that will bother you too much.

atleast in my audi it lost a lot of clarity.

USB & DAB+, although I've been using AUX a bit for the last days as my USB-stick isnt being read

Is there any specific things you have to look for when you get a new headunit so it'll fit your car? Or are they pretty much universal and can slot into anything less than 20 years old?

Android Auto or Apple Car Play

Not in a car you can't

i use USB to head unit playing Spotify on my iphone with aftermarket Alpines

I read the OP wrong

In my experience USB & Bluetooth are at this point pretty similar. You cannot change the fact that you're inside a car, and that the fine differences between "best" ways of playing music are heavily negated by the shit acoustics and limited space of a car

Heads are universal, either 1 or 2 DIN. Only thing that's not usually universal is the dashboard kit to actually mount it in properly, though nearly every vehicle in the last 20 years has readily available kits.

Running a external Aux jack that runs into the back of the Antenna input of my factory head unit.

Was the easiest way to do it since I don't want to deal with custom fucking wiring to replace the unit, especially since I think the factory amp and sub don't play well with anything but the stock unit.

My problem with USB is the interface seems the most cumbersome to use without having a head unit designed around it.

Problem with auxiliary is the cord.

Problem with Bluetooth is the quality.

Bluetooth for easiness. Get into car, turn it on, music/podcsst starts.

Wouldnt Bluetooth give the best quality? It sends the data to the DAC while bypassing potentially noisy connections like USB or auxiliary.

I use one of those tapes with the audio wire attached to plug into my phone
works well enough

When I had a cassette player thats exactly how I did it

I like BT, but it's a pain in my car. I want my tablet to Auto connect when I start the car and play music, but I have to do it manually.
USB is nice because it starts playing instantly, but it's much hard if I want to listen to specific music.

What is this meme? I saw that comedy dyke doing it. Is it some new nigger dance meme?

>tfw casette deck and cigarette outlets are both broken

just end my life senpai

My car car doesn't have a cassette player nor aux port, what do?
>tfw CDs

Neither of those, pleb. SD card.

>usb
>noisy
>implying an audio signal instead of a digital file goes thru usb

I listen to the radio. My favourite station plays lots of music I like and lots of local music.

If by some chance they are playing something I can't bear I play whatever CD I'm listening too at the time. I just hit CD

Aux or USB will give you the best sound quality. The best of those two depends on your head unit and your phone or whatever's DACs. If your hu isn't shit, USB will probably be best.

>having stuff hanging from your head unit
SD masterrace, don't be a pleb

SSTV relay from my at-home transmitter

Wouldn't an SD be functionally identical to a USB?

I only have a tape deck and a CD player in the goddamn trunk.

USB is digital and transfers the original file with zero quality loss.

Aux can be good or no good depending on the particular pair of devices.

Bluetooth uses a lossy digital codec that reduces quality, so you do not want to use it if USB/SD is available. (If your stereo is cool enough to support aptX, then the quality loss will be negligible, but I don't know of any)

SD or USB a shit, enjoy having to use the clunky interface of your headunit.

>What's the best way to listen to music in your car? USB, bluetooth, or auxiliary

Without knowing the time period of your head unit, but assuming all methods are available, the safest generic answer is USB because it didn't change the audio. Early bluetooth and aux methods used conversion and that resulted in a slight quality loss. The loss is not really noticeable in a lot of cars due to road noise or doesn't really matter if the speakers were not acoustically matched to the car's interior.

The main problem with USB is how the head unit software takes in the files and "sorts" (or unsorts) them from the USB source for playback order.

Check if you need different wiring harness. My Civic does.

>ford focus mykey limits volume to 45%
>i dont have an admin key to disable it
Why live

>when car companies legitimately cuck you

USB's clunky interface is too much of a con for me, so it comes down to bluetooth or auxiliary.

boomp

USB in theory is the best, but as other people have said, most of the time you wont notice the difference anyway what with road noise and poor sound isolation, as well as cheap shitty factory speakers. Also worth considering is that many people have shit quality youtube rip music. In that case, it doesn't matter what method you use, the music will sound shit either way with a shit source file. Personally I use bluetooth, just for the convenience of being able to navigate my music on my phone rather than on my head unit.

What kind of quality can you expect from those?

>nigger dance meme
Pretty much spot on, you got it

I use USB and my unit lets me control everything with my phone (different modes). I usually use Spotify, but it works with any audio coming from my phone with no problems.

Considering that it also charges my phone while it's plugged in it is clearly the best option.

Not enough to matter, most are not going to be listening to audio that has been mastered well enough for it to matter or audio that does not have the bitrate for it to matter. If you use spotify, just get bluetooth, the newest versions are blowing the old standards out of the water with their data rates.

these

>problem with bluetooth is the quality
poorfag or retard detected

install tasker

most new pioneer HU's have aptX-support, as well as many Android-phones and -tablets.

absolute garbage even on archaic speakers, it's not even worth the 3$ pricetag those adapters have

USB because i want to use my headunit to navigate folders/songs

USB for sure. I use those nano USBs that are practically just the chip itself so it's nice and unobtrusive and the little plastic shield on the HU can actually close over it.

Plus it's 16GB and has named folders, so it's perfect.

Having a based cd collection.
Bonus points for a vinyl adapt.

You seem to know how these things work.

What's the simplest way (assuming it's possible) to add some decent bluetooth functionality to my car's audio system while still retaining use of the stock head unit for cassettes?

It's the original one and I really like how cohesive it is with the 80's interior. It's an '88 mr2 if that makes any difference.

>buy 80s shitbox with original head unit
>go out and buy a box of casettes from a goodwill for $5
>enjoy immensely living before my time
Its as if I actually can experience the 20th century as an adult and not a newborn

>What's the simplest way (assuming it's possible) to add some decent bluetooth functionality to my car's audio system

Not that guy. For older cars, the easiest way is to use a bluetooth-to-FM adapter to put the bluetooth music onto an FM radio channel. You can then set one of the radio presets to your bluetooth channel. As for controlling your old OEM pushbutton cassette player with your bluetooth device, that ain't gonna happen with your requirement to stick to that 1988 OEM cassette player head unit. Most adapters use the cigarette lighter socket (1988 speak) but some are standalone portable broadcast units running on batteries.

For various models and prices, google "bluetooth adapter for car".

Thanks user

>absolute garbage even on archaic speakers, it's not even worth the 3$ pricetag those adapters have
lol audiophiles

>listening to bullshit advertisements
>too poor to pay for a music service
(this is you m8)

How do i find some good rear speakers that have best price/sound quality ratio and good volume in a noisy car?
Something in the 100-150€ range

Wiring harness. Din size for your car or din adaptor. Physical obstructions. Some cars have the radio next to the cup holder and some radios stick out of the dash some. Make sure your cups will clear properly. Also if its an older car and has a knob style radio ypu might have to cut ypur dash or get a knob style radio.

>this filthy pleb is unironically paying for a music service

>poorfag too retarded to pirate music & continues to listen to 25% music and 75% ads

is there a bluetooth headunit that can fit with early 90s jdm aesthetics?

yeah i use the tape converter and it sounds just fine

>he doesn't listen to the Sean Hannity Show
>doesn't get to experience the delight of shifting through the gears while a black guy tries to argue about Black Lives Matter with big sean

EY MEHN DEY IS RACIS MAN DEM COPS BE STOPPIN ME ALDA TIME

Tape adapter, my man. A good tape adapter coupled to a good headunit is nowhere near as bad as actual tapes.

Not him but wow thanks! Didn't know that even existed

Vinyl or gtfo.

USB or SD would be ideal with a good interface. My head unit's interface sucks, though, so I play music from my 7une through an aux cable.

If you're lucky, your CD player/changer might be connected to your head unit by RCA jacks. Route a stereo mini to RCA cable back there and your "CD" becomes aux input.

>usb
>charges your phone, wired quality, audio controls work with radio/steering wheel
>newer android phones often not fully compatible, third party apps on iOS/Android may not work properly

>bluetooth
>wireless freedom, really good audio quality on most phones, convenient
>but depending on the car, the phone, or both (plus software updates) reliability can go to shit

>aux in
>in a lot of cars, wired audio quality
>but zero control from steering wheel or radio, must control from phone
life is suffering

USB. Solid connection, no analog interfaces, and it runs through the computer in the car and displays metadata on the dash screen.

webber carbs and a straight pipe exhaust.

> Head unit
USB port's in the glovebox.

Are you using the main key for the car, or the 'spare' one daddy gives you?
IIRC, newer fords can be set up with limits on specific keys to stop teenagers speeding.
My Focus will put the volume happily up past safe or even tolerable levels.

>lets me control everything with my phone
> Still having a second device to control the car
Why not wheel buttons?

> Rip to computer
> Transfer to USB
> No fiddling with CDs

>>too poor to pay for a music service
> Paying a fee to listen to music
> Not just paying once for a hard copy and listening to it however forever

> Still using your phone
> Sapping engine power to charge MUH EYEPHOOONE

>using engine power to run lights
>using engine power to run instruments
>using engine power to run radio
>using engine power to run windows
etc.

Anyway, the quest for thinness has made modern smartphone battery life shit. 2.1 amps @ 5 volts is fucking nothing. When the alternator is on because the engine is running, shit is fine.

I also power my 4G LTE cell phone booster and auto heads up display from the car too.