How do you learn without fucking up the bike?

How do you learn without fucking up the bike?

I want to step it up and get a bike, i drive a manual like a god and have owned some fast cars b4, but i think its time for a bike

get a used dirt bike

Go take a riding course at a local tech school. One night and 2 full days and you'll be safer, learn how to ride, and get your license.

This is actually what my plan was, there are bike learning courses everywhere

figured i might as well spend 300 to learn in a few days at least the basics and how to ride

Just buy a used bike from the 90's or early 2000's for $2-3k. Practice in parking lots, move up to quiet back roads, and then main roads, highways, etc.
You won't fuck up the bike as long as you ride it and do maintenance on it like a reasonable person.

You take the MSF course, you buy decent gear that covers you from head to toe and you buy an appropriate bike for your skill level (i.e. not a GSX-R/CBR600/R6/ZX6R etc).

650's are a good starting point, more go than the smaller bikes but still not as mental as a proper sportbike.

Then once you've had it for a year you trade it for whatever you like, within reason.

1. Spend so much on gear you cant afford a decent bike
2. Die with your shit bike

MSF Beginner Course.

They supply 250cc bikes, helmets, and gloves.

Your going to get on a bike and it will literally take 10 minutes to learn how not to wear out the clutch. As for turning and stuff like that, it takes time. Depending on your state you can take a motorcycle class and get your endorsement. Or just take a class.

Which god? Thor? Or Athena?

It takes forever to wear out a motorcycle clutch. They are made for slipping.

riding course. cheap slow bike on craigslist you can sell for what you bought it for. extra set of levers for drops.

and then you get a litrebike. no liter no peter.

You learn on your street, then take your first wild foray to a park.

After that you just ride it to the gas station and such, then you start doing that faster.

Then you start traveling a few hours out.

Then you start really pushing into it and stop giving a fuck about potential death.

You can get by with some heavy denim, full helmet, combat boots, and leather gloves if you need cheap armor.

Or do what I did and just start going to work on it

>route memorized so well you could run it at top speed
>you know what traffic will be like for every minute
>you know where the cops are and when they're more likely to be out
>you have an incentive to go fast

I kinda want to buy a zxr-14. Can I zxr-14 as a first bike?

Im talking from like no experience with bikes or manual at all, learning clutch and acceleration on the street then heading out to a park to apply and learn cornering and braking completely in maybe a day.

Getting it drilled in by doing menial tasks constantly, then traveling long distances for fun and excitement.

Then finally pushing your limits forever.

Take the mandatory training, and fuck up a rental bike instead.

Learn two wheel balance and braking on a bicycle first, though.

Definitely, I would in fact have suggested it.

>Your going to get on a bike and it will literally take 10 minutes to learn how not to wear out the clutch.

Top kek my dude. A bike's clutch is not on a car gearbox.

If you have to ask then maybe motorcycling isn't for you.

Buy a 1000cc bike and you will learn very fast.

Ride dirt then move to roads after you get confident. plus if you fuck up a dirtbike is cheap to replace parts

GS500

Considering there are numerous manufacturers/brands, such a question is completely legitimate.

Everyone has to start somewhere and being a smug prick about it on the internet isn't going to score you points with anyone.

>America
I don't understand your motorcycle system at all.
Since motorcycles are different than cars in Europe you have to get extra licence for bikes where you ride few times with instructor who teaches you how to ride. Then you ride with other instructor and if you don't fuck up they give you licence. By that time you can operate bike quite well.

It was more "if you can't be bothered to do even a smidgen of research then maybe bikes aren't for you".

Considering the user wanted a "zxr-14" i figured it was a troll anyway.

There is no system in America, you get your permit and then boom, you can ride whatever you like, be it 50cc or 5000cc.

Other an addition to a driver's license. You must take a written permit test, then you can take a driven test and receive a license. You can take that driven test on a turbo hayavusa or a Honda monkey, doesn't really matter. After you've taken the test you can do whatever you want.

The alternative is after you've received a permit, which limits the times and scenarios that you can ride, you can take a 3 day safety course that counts as the driven test and then you're good to go.

I wear combat boots at work because they're comfy and have composite toes so I don't crush my feet with boxes. Will they hold up well enough if I lay down the bike? I won't be too mad about replacing them I just want to make sure I'll still have feet to put them on

Do they have ankle protection/stiff as fuck ankles?

If they don't your ankle will get all kinds of fucked up, should you go down.

Being twisted to funky angles is the least of your worries, trust me.

No you retard, buy actual gear.

No, the ankles are supportive but flexible. I'll probably get some actual boots this spring when I get my first bike.

Related. How retarded is the idea of getting one of those rental storage places and using it as a garage over winter? I don't have one but I like the idea of buying a shitbike, working on it during winter and having it ready to go by spring.

I bought a SV650S and am comfortable and confident on it and have yet to fuck the bike. You'll be fine.

I have proper motorcycle boots and they didn't do shit besides protect my skin. As a matter of fact, my boots were the only proper piece of gear I was actually wearing and my ankle got fucked up more than any other part of my body

>rental storage places
>using it a personal garage to wrench on bike

they have strict rules against working on vehicles.

>I have proper motorcycle boots and they didn't do shit besides protect my skin

Thats what you get for buying cheap ebay paki ICON gear.

I was wearing pic related you piece of shit