HELP

Guys I fucked up and need advice. I applied at a toyota dealership and told them i've been working on cars for 5 years and just finished 2 years of tech college. Heres the thing though, I never went to any tech school and really have only been tinkering with my car a year. Fuck I've only ever done ONE OIL CHANGE!

Now my first shift is tomorrow at noon. They are going to have me doing brakes, tires (mounting, repair, rotations) and oil changes. I don't even know how to change a fucking brake pad properly or mount a tire. I've never even seen a tire machine.

Please I need sound advice for tomorrow. Please Veeky Forums don't let me get fired.

You already got yourself fired by lying. Congratulations.

Did you really think they wouldnt be able to see through your bullshit the first day? Why one earth would you like about your skillset to an employer?
Get a job at a fucking jiffy lube or a valvoline first

>*lie about your skillset

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah good lord almighty this can't be real

They were hiring and I needed a job.

This'll be fun

Lolrip

Better spend tonight reading the basics on how to do it, your best bet on the machine is "Wait, this is way different than the one I used at the last place.. can you show me how this one works?"

That doesnt answer shit.
It doesnt matter if they're hiring. You dont have the fucking skills to do the job they're hiring for, so why on earth would you apply there?
Better yet you thought you'd be able to lie about your skillset and still be able to do the job.

You will be unemployed by the end of the day, guaranteed

They would have been willing to work with you if you told them the truth. A shop will train their staff if need be.

There is only one way to save yourself and your family the disgrace.

They won't have you doing brakes immediately maybe just tires and oil changes because that's what I did when I started at Honda.
Just have them show you "there" way of doing things and they will show you. Boom. You learn things there way and you're good. You got this op.

This is their fault to be honest

I do hiring when their is a potential candidate list, lol you can spot within 10 minutes if they are a fit, and once the questions start rolling out you will know if they have done anything in the field and where you can see them going in your company.

Don't worry OP, you're already more qualified than most of the field

The only hope in the world you have is by googling videos on how to do all of that stuff (change tires, brake pads, oil change) and then stay up all night and do it TO YOUR CAR!

This sill give you hands on experience and prepare you for tomorrow. Doing all that stuff is easy anyways. But there are things that you must take into account.

Ay thanks bros I apprecaite the positive feedback. Should I kind of go about asking how they specifically want me to do it?

For tire rotations is it front left to rear right and front right to rear left?

Is dismounting and mounting difficult? Im assuming if I scrape a rim im gone.

I don't appreciate the negative attitudes.

Live stream first day

fdld

Better stay up literally all night watching youtube videos on how to do this shit, because they'll realize pretty quick that you're clueless.

They didn't ask many questions to be honest. They said they would mainly grow me organically.

Do you even internet? There are videos for how to do everything.
>"Hey user, change the brake pads on this Camry"
>Youtube
> Turn wrenches

are we going to have a "Veeky Forums carries a guy through his first day" tomorrow?

Ok, that's fine i guess

Sounds, like they gave you a chance

If you're doing oil changes, brake pad,shoes,rotors, and some light tire work is it really that bad?? relax, walk in do a good job and pay attention to the other guys, hang out with them and learn, post back in a few days how it went

damn, i wish Veeky Forums had reminders some of the threads are fucking gold

well, good luck dude, don't worry about it there's always time to learn, start looking it up, they don't expect you to be a genius right off the bat and they fucking know that

Just have someone show you how to use the tire machine, every machine is a bit different. I've been a tech for 12 years and I'm still barely figuring out how to use the Hunter leverless POS at my current shop.

Oil
>drain hole
>oil cap
>oil dipstick
Brakes
>5 lugs
>remove wheel
>inspect brake pad and disc
>unbolt caliper
>remove disc either with hammer or bolt
do you even have tools?
>reverse steps
Tires
>wheel off
>valve stem out
>air go pshhhh until no more psh
>put tire on side with hydaulic handle
>clamp with foot
>unbeaded tire
>put on circle jerk spring
>lock in the rim with foot
>rotate with pedals
>ducktail precision
>use metal bar on ducktail
>repeat on other bead
>old off
>new needs lubricant
>dont lube the whole fucking tire for christs sakes, just the inseams
>use ducktail again
>mount tire
>SLOWLY add air to tire to bead
>put in valve stem
Rotation
>take your new tire
>use the best fit metal cone to mount tire
>mount tire hand tight with spinny hand wheel
>pedal to the floor tight
>measure width with stick
>lid down
>lid up
>hammer weight in position (know the difference between aluminum and steel weights)
>lid down
>lid up, machine should read 0.0 on both side
>remove from spinny wheel stick
I'm not even a mechanic and i know this stuff

If OP gets balancing mixed up with rotation he's going to get found out pretty quick

>Now my first shift is tomorrow at noon.
That's a funny coincidence, because your last shift will end tomorrow too.

I have tools I bought from harbor freight over the year.

I hope you get fired.

OH! fuck I forgot that
Tire rotation
>not balancing
>wheels on the bus wear differently on different cars
>front tires more used than read tires
>flip em so the worse tires are on the back and the better tires are on the front

Don't even worry about it dude they will honestly teach you the way Toyota does it. Just say " oh I'm not familiar with this tire machine can you show me how to use it?"
They will show you and they will tell you how they rotate tires they will have you "shadow" someone to show you their routine. They won't throw you out there by yourself. You have nothing to worry about. And no if you scrape a rim you won't be gone. Insurance pays for that mistake. You won't get canned over that. If you leave log nuts loose or an oil drain plug loose then yes you will get canned.
Of course I have 2 years at Walmart before I started working at Honda then I spent 10 no tha at Honda and now I'm at Subaru. Don't worry man. Just bring some basic tools for you to use or they might give you some. Also the techs there will loan you shit too. It's never bad to ask questions on how to do it right. It's common sense mostly I think you will do fine.