/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

>Endless Legend User Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467

>Endless Legend wikis
endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Free Civ
play.freeciv.org

>/civ4xg/ Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization V CIVILOPEDIA Online:
dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
>A couple other Civ resources:
civfanatics.com/
civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki

>Civilization V Analyst, with all the specifics of mechanics you'll ever need
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

>Civilization V Roulette
dropshock0.com/civ/

>Civilization V Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/

>CivFanatics' Strategy and Tips forum, good guides and information.
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=391 -

>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot, lets you play Civ V's hot seat mode like an e-mail game
multiplayerrobot.com

>Civ V Modding Wiki
modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page

>Civ V Mod databases
steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930 (requires legit version)
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393

>SMAC & SMAX official short stories
mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is Stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Some mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Civ
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.civfanatics.com/threads/amenity-guide.602364/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Behold.... the Puteoli national park. We have... a few trees. And some snow.

This thread was made first, use it instead.

We need a higher res of Philip waving dismissively

>lazy thread with no information
fuck off.

I mean, it literally is how it worked in 5, except new cities don't slap a -3 on you out of the gate and each lux covers 8 people instead of 4.

Yes, because being able to supply the same luxury to more than 4 cities would be bad, because?

Parks have to be 100% within your borders, yes?

would you smoke doobies with them

No OP, you fuck off with your thread wars.

>Yes, because being able to supply the same luxury to more than 4 cities would be bad, because?

It's just a balance thing. It's a fine design choice if the game is balanced around it, and in this case the game is balanced around it. Sometimes you'll have to sacrifice a city's district to make it an entertainment district, is the point. It's supposed to make you adapt more and not just build the same districts all the time

yup. everything charming or higher and no improvements

thread wars? I made one with information in the thread. you know, the info thats been in all the past threads.

how the fuck do you even expand as a pacifist? you can't war people!

im op of other thread, just let him win, he's got the autism

it's like I'm really there

>play civ 6 for 55 hours
>decide to play BE
>keep backing out if my start isn't good until I realize I can just restart

How retarded were they to leave this out of 6?

Of course not, that snapper turtle would bite my dick off as soon as I'd try anything.

I'm gonna lose ANOTHER fucking game to religion because this time I couldn't grab one early enough and also tomyris decided to go for the religion victory and even though I'm at war with her, there's no way in hell I can kill her hundred horses before she gets her missionaries to the last civ

Apparently in civ6 they fucked up the advanced options and they're reversed. So low sea level = high sea level. This explains a lot.

>be india

>playing with three buddies and 3 AI

>somehow have 20 fucking tourism before mideval

Okay, I know that 8 is coming from the Holy Grail (dunno how I got that), but how do I find out where the rest is coming from?

>autism
>because I did more than just post a shitty photoshopped image as my op post
wew lad

Stellaris codex 1.3.1 hotfix for pirates when?

it sure sounds like autism.

Oh shit. Guys how worried should I be?

it sure is autism to take that extra second and copy+paste the previous OP post.

Are the Adaptive/Nonadaptive traits bugged?

I feel that they're double the bonus/malus that they're supposed to grant.

liberate
vassalize
integrate

So civ 6 or civ 5 with all dlc?

you need a rest guy. youre getting all worked up and stressed out.

this sounds like autism indeed, why else would you be in such a hurry to anonymously make an op where you include only an unrelated picture and no body of text?

Mildly. Just leave her be and accept that your research/resource space stations for that star are going to die. It'll just fuck off somewhere eventually and you can rebuild.
Its fucking strong and don't even try fighting it until you've got 20K+ fleet strength.

about 10k fleet strength is enough to bring it down
bringing it down gives a permanent boost to energy credits and energy weapon damage

not the best reward (that's the vault, if you ever see the vault OPEN THAT SUCKER, it has an entire new tier of power generators and shields) but not the worst either

civ vi has a lot of bs bugs right now but i prefer it over 5

6 no joke
5 is that bad

ai in 6 is broken

5 is polished

>10k fleet strength
Huh, could've sworn it was stronger then that.

For Stellaris, does anyone know how to unlock the plantoid pack? I heard you have to just change some lines of code, but i don't know where.

so if you set resources to scarce they're plentiful?

because like 3 people asked for it and no one made it. so i put one up , but it wasn't up to your ridiculous standards and you just had to have things your way because autistics don't like it when thing deviate from the norm. i understand.

how do you build national parks? I've had a conservationist for a few turns now but no idea how to use him.

the ai in 6 makes singleplayer pointless
if you're gonna actually buy one of them i'd say civ6 and play one singleplayer game to see the ai for yourself then multiplayer only
if you're gonna pirate it, civ5 ai is still retarded but it's not nearly as bad

10k may be lowballing it but 15k is certainly sufficient if you're good at building ships
wraith is fairly low tier
vault PE I wouldn't tangle unless you have a 25k strength fleet

>playing Stellaris multi with three other friends
>friend next to me just researched Battleships while I'm still on cruisers
>we're 'equivalent' in naval capacity and power, but his technology is 'superior'
>he just broke our NAP

sweating_pepe.jpg

>make a shit thread
>people call you out on it
>n-no you're all a-autistic!
fuck off

what a gross whore

for all stellaris players

the Prethoryn Scourge is bugged: it doesn't generate armies anymore which causes it to piss off after 3 years and not conquer anything

to fix this go to events: crisis.1 and remove all the (#)'s before the 'armies' section of event crisis.207 (its near the bottom of the txt)

if you have the scourge in your current game and its been pissing off for a while this may not be sufficient so copy the event, delete everything but the armies section and rename its event tag to something else (I used crisis.209)
then ingame switch to the scourge using tags and spam that new event a dozen times until they once again have a respectable army

>Civ VI
>Meet Ghandi
>Generally friendly, he's on the other side of the planet, have sparse deals with him, occasionally declare friendship
>Neck to neck in the science race
>"Having a weapons is very different from actually using it"
>"Deterrence has value"
>Unlock uranium
>Ghandi has 2 fucking deposits next to his capital
>In the span of 40 turns
>Greece has been eliminated
>Rome has been eliminated
>China has been eliminated
>Ghandi has denounced you for your evil deeds

I hate to be that guy, but does the fucker have any shields or PD?
Can I just stack lasers and missles and hit the core hard?

Fucking liars.

its been a while since I fought it, don't think it has anything resembling PD but it may have shields

I do remember beating it with a fleet mostly equipped with ballistic weapons including the admittedly op kinetic artillery on my battleships

Seems like it was just BS and I got trolled, nvm.

>play stellaris for the first time in ages
>only one star in my initial area of influence
>forget to build more ships right away so pirates fuck me up a little
>closest neighbor is fanatical purifiers with more planets and better tech
>playing in ironman mode so autosaves EVERY SINGLE MONTH slow the game down
That wasn't fun at all.

>this game is so slow when I specifically choose the optional mode that does nothing but slow the game down and give me achievements!
>why are there bigger and better empires than me? There should be some kind of advanced AI slider I can set to 0!

To be fair, spawning next to a fanatical purifier empire is an instant reset for me. Also hyperlane travel, got shafted every single time I tried it, does it have any really big advantage I'm missing ?

>first time in ages
I don't think Ironman was in when I played last, so I didn't know it was garbage and just going to force autosaves every month.

I don't care if some empires get an advanced start, but I don't want advanced purifiers literally on my borders. Surviving that was literally impossible.

I'd be embarrassed if I made this thread tbqhwyf

How do I make my main religion city that same religion dominant again?

I told other civ's to fuck off and they mostly have but my religion hasn't transferred back

>my religion hasn't transferred back
it won't

>03 ▶
> (You)
>>my religion hasn't transferred back
>it won't
fug

i have no idea how you guys are doing so good at this game.
I am expanding like a madman early game and trying to war weaker fags to snatch their worlds and i still end up in deep shit. (i am Darami Collective)
Khemplar enforcers are awakened ascendancy who just waits to fuck me up.
At least Resheti Consortium likes me.
Also how in the fuck am i supposed to form federation with anyone? Everyone is being total fags giving me like -1050 to acceptance despite being cordial and trusting me.
Politics in this game are totally fucked.
Someone please tell me how to powerplay this game.

If it's a holy city and it hasn't been 100% eliminated, it should come back eventually. Might take a long ass time though.

But yeah if you let your religion get 100% eliminated everywhere then you're fucked. And you should feel bad.

they're the fastest over short distances and don't require you to build stations. the downsides are the obvious chokepoints + moving shit long distances takes longer than the other two

wormholes are better on balance but hyperlanes aren't bad

anyone?

well for one your tech seems to be fairly low

what tech levels do you have researched?

currently playing a game as well and while admittedly I'm playing a materialist empire, I'm at 500+ for all tech and been on repeatable techs only since 2320

small continents when? easily the best map type

i'm playing Fanatic Militarist + Materialist
for tech i mostly picked shit like naval capacity and went for Kinetic Artillery II.
I also ALWAYS have shitty starts, i am clumped between billion AI's what makes me stuck with low number of worlds while some fag is put alone with half of empty galaxy to expand on
> I'm at 500+ for all tech
no fucking idea how are you doing this. I think i would need comprehensive "how not to suck dick at this game" guide to be worth anything in it.

Alright boyos.

Sword of the Stars and Master of Orion are on sale on Steam because of Halloween sale.

Can anyone that has played either them sell me on why they're good? Maybe tell me stuff about your experience with them? I'd really appreciate it

Continents + high sea.

Spend those energy credits and terraform every fucking planet in your territory and near it. Your biggest issue definitely seems to be research; less then 100 each by 2400s? You must be doing something wrong.

In my game I've got something like 40 perfect Alpine planets in a space maybe twice as big as yours, which honestly still isn't that large. With the exception of conquered planets and annexed pre-FTL species, all my pops are happy little Alpine babies.
Lots of technology + lots of planets (lots of lv6 space ports) = a fuck huge power fleet.

>it should come back eventually
I don't think it will. In my first game gandhia converted my cities very early and i lost my holy city to his religion and only had two other cities not converted but they still had my pantheon. My religion in my holy city never came back for the entire game

that just gives you two smallish continents with no or very few island. the "small continents" map in 5 gave you three small continents and island chains

Islands plus low seas?

Religious on Huge is bonderline impossible, correct?

where do i get the planets though, fucking space niggers take everything early and close their borders so i have no way to go past them.
i get imprisoned in a small bubble with maybe 7 planets for 100 years

well most of it is down to luck really
I got a god tier start and snowballed heavily

also I got one of the most god tier space dragons (the ancient vault)

trust me grab it, enigmatic gear is hilariously powerful
and if you get the dreadnaught space dragon repair it, mine has 12.5k health and 14.7k shields

yes, unless you play with only kongo ai

Not impossible. Tedious.

The rising faith costs though are a bit concerning. You need to mix it with war. And take good spread bonuses or you're fucked.

I guess this is how they curb expansion, since there doesn't seem to be city maintenance anymore.

I think, if you can get inquisitors from 3rd party faith, you might be able to restore your religion by purging yourcities of your enemies faith.

Sword of the Stars
>3d map
>Random tech tree variaton done right
>Unique FTL systems for each faction
>Great tactical depth, but have love it or hate it combat
>Really cool factions
>Nearly no planetside simcity, economy that you deal with is empire wide

Master of Orion
>2d map
>Really cool factions
>No FTL variety
>Standard tech trees
>Neat planet development
>Boring ... pmuch everything else
>Really pretty

But it's true that they don't, they only count if you have more than 4 cities, then the extra copy go to the 5th one, since 1 lux supports the first 4.

7 planets is plenty if you build them right

if you're not pacifist just pounce folks, grab their planets, purge their kind and colonize them

so 2 copies of luxuries won't send 1 lux to 8 cities?
you can only ever use 1 lux (ie 4 cities get the benefit, no more)?
what did he mean by this?

>if you build them right
what is right though?

it's in species or races or something like that, just find whatever file looks vaguely like that and ctrl+f for plantoids

Except it doesn't.
forums.civfanatics.com/threads/amenity-guide.602364/

>not taking planets first
>not liberating systems from other empires
>wahhh they have closed borders
lol my warships go where they want

Are people retarded or do we simply have huge turnover today? 1 lux 1 empire 4 cities. The rest are for trade.

Proper usage of adjacency, stacking bonuses, governors etc.

in stellaris somehow my mods don't work
the mod file keeps getting deleted whenever I launch the game

any help?

Exactly.

1 unique luxury will provide 4 of your cities with +1 amenity, 2 of the same luxury...well...

>Are people retarded
at least people can reply to the right posts

Whats the point of having more than one supply of a strategic resource?

you must have:

>4 tiles in a vertical diamond shape
>own all tiles
>they must have no improvements
>must be charming or better appeal

and just stick the dude in one of the squares and it should light up

>at least people can reply to the right posts
I suspect that I did.

Without encampments you require to horses to build horsemen.

how fucking stupid. And the trade UI is awful

island cities need a buff. more building need to go in the city center: there's no reason that markets, workshops, libraries, and amphitheaters need to be in their own district.

also would like to see special buildings based on local resources, like the stoneworks, stable, and forge in civ 5

2 horses, or iron or oil or whatever.
More than 2...well, denial is always good. Trading could also be good.

I know, right?

where is the female maldives?