At what point do you give up on a cherished shitbox?

At what point do you give up on a cherished shitbox?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FqT2uOa1-d0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Frame damage or too much rust.

when you've put more than 2x the value of the car into maintenance

When your monthly maintenance costs averaged over a year exceed a new car monthly payment.

I don't cherish shitboxes

It seems like you dont like cars

There is nothing to compel a person to like a shitty cars.

If you don't get any kind of sentimental feeling towards a car you've had a long time, even a shitbox, then you need to get the fuck out.

No, you need to fuck a unicorn under a rainbow.

If it means so much to you, you don't. Till you've got the money to fix it up again it rests in the garage.

Fuck, I think boomers finally make sense.

When it stops being enjoyable.

As much as I want a nice new car the idea of abandoning my shitbox to some junkyard horrifies me and I can't even begin to imagine actually doing it. I have a feeling I'm going to be stuck with this thing for a long time.

Basically this. Nothing else except fire or flooding will really ruin a particular car forever, but if the frame is fucked it's time to stop.

I was using car-part.com to find junkyards that might have a piece for my car I need replaced and I could barely stand to see the images of my model car sitting beat up and abandoned in junkyards. It's like seeing images of your own body dead and decaying. I'm lucky it didn't give me nightmares. Fucking nightmare fuel shit.

>car-parts.com
Holy fuck thank you. I've been hunting down some rare leather seats for my car and fucking found them on here. Fucking awesome.

>too much rust
What's wrong with having a zombie rat rod?

Fill it full of tannerite and shoot it lol. Don't be a bitch.

Did you watch this as a kid?
youtube.com/watch?v=FqT2uOa1-d0

There is no rod.

when its to the point of not being fixable, ever car i have bought in my life i still own minutes 2 i had to scrap because they were beyond repair

ive lived it, i had a 80s Nissan pickup i bought for a few hundred bucks abandoned on a farm. biggest piece of shit but it was my baby, couple years down the road the frame broke because the thing was rusted and i had to sell it for scrap. came across it 2 months later in the junkyard and people had smashed it up, i sat in it with tears for a hour before i made myself leave

yet again my mom had a 3rd gen Prelude i grew up in that i literally kept fixing because of the memories in it, thing had 650,000km on it before she said its going to scrap. found it in a junkyard with 4ft of snow on it