At the gas station

>at the gas station
>poor guy next to me buys $200 of scratch tickets and spends the 10 minutes I take deciding which candy bar to pick and proceeds to scan each one off until he wins $15

why am I supposed to feel bad for poor people again

> generalizing, The Post

>he drives himself around!

pleb

>taking ten minutes to choose an item of confectionary

What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you retarded or just indecisive to the point of mental illness?

He was probably baked as FUCK.

^ this guy is right.

A few things. You should never judge a person by the way they dress or act. $200 could be considered pennies to that person. It's weird to run into people like that - who have money and don't show it (smarter IMO)

Also, how cool do you have to be until you realize your just commenting on someone else's life? You watched this, brewed about it, then came and made a post about it on a section of a website, that honestly couldn't give a shit about your opinion on how someone spends $200. You could have spent your time thinking about how to reduce your taxes or investments, but no! you care more about the man at the gas station.

I hope you choke on your chocolate bar. You're the pleb.

Also, if you do read this. I'm exhausted. please forgive spelling blah blah blah.

I don't even know why I cam back to say this.

Anyway, story time.

> old lady comes into firm.
> looks like standard "normie" with age
> accountants to busy to see her
> tell her to wait a second
> find an accountant that can come deal with her between appointments.
> goes to meet with accountant
> I continue to do numbers.
> accountant comes back
> normie old lady just sold her farm property for 7million
> wouldn't have known it by looking or talking with her
> she honestly didn't seem to care about the money
> apparently gave most of it to her grandkids.

Farms are different though.

Everything it makes goes back into the farm up until you decide you're selling it off. So no, she was just a normal person when she walked in, she was only rich because of selling the farm for more money than she could reasonably need as a retiree made.
If her family had had it going far enough back none of them would have ever had to put much money into it either, just lots of time. My grandma has a farm that was established back in 1884, and just the land is probably a few million.

Do you just dispose of property without thought? If you were sitting on a valued property of 7 million dollars, you could borrow against it. So, she always had the money. she just liquefied her assets.

Anything you borrow against it would still go right back into the farm for new buildings or equipment, you don't leverage your home AND livelihood for a vacation or a huge TV.

She wanted out because she was done, that's pretty much the only time farmers actually get anything out of their hard work.

I don't believe this farm was overly active given the area. I'm not really going to debate valuations and operations of farms. When the original post was about judging people at a store who buy lottery tickets.

..but thanks, I guess?

pretty sure he was just stalling for time to watch the dumbass

still don't know why he'd eat candy though. fat people are disgusting.

I buy a $5 scratch it everytime I buy gas. $5 really ain't shit but if I win $200 $500 $5000 etc that's a good amount. Either way it gives me something to do while pumping gas and it's pretty fun thinking of what I'll do if I win.

yeah it could be entertainment, i sometimes get the crosswords and do a little bit here and there, never win much, maybe $20 here and there. lose more than i make, but i don't make any money when i go to the movies either

Lottery tickets are a tax on people that can't do math.

True, I did some math and I had quite a few winning tickets.

Seriously though, the moneys better spent on stocks. I managed to get a bunch of winners because they print a sheet of all top prizes. When there's 20,000 top prizes and 50,000 second prizes on a 10 dollar scratch off, you're bound to hit. Of course "luck" comes into play... but probability helps as well.

You fucking retarded faggot. Nobody in the history of the planet has stayed poor because they bought lottery tickets unless they literally had a gambling addiction. The rich need hanged for propagating evil propaganda and bullshit.

>$5 really ain't shit but if I win $200 $500 $5000

Unless you never win. You could actually invest that money and get real returns.

Who the fuck spends 10 minutes picking out a candy bar

You have never been on a farm or have any clue about their day to day operation. Kindly fuck off

>money is better spent on stocks
Please let me know when a stock goes up 400,000,000%

you have never been stoned in a shop

>spends money on drugs and candy
>judges someone for playing the lottery for fun
Wew lad

Some people would rather have a million dollars right now. some would rather have $.01 today which then doubles every day for the rest of your life.

I know which one you are.

Please let me know when you find a stock with 100% daily roi

Just like the worker who asked to be paid a grain of rice, doubled every day.

Actually it can be a good idea to buy scratch tickets since net gain is 0. So you just need to buya lot of scatch tickets and stop when you have won. This is because you either win or you lose money on scratch cards so its a 50/50 chance.

nice try scratch card guy

Doubled for every square on a chess board in the version I heard.

I've seen this too. Except my dude was buying scratch offs. His buddy was incredulous. The friend kept telling him he had a problem. Yet the poor bastard who could of spent his money on food instead spent it all on scratch offs.
Seeing that killed most of my day.

itt moralfags and edgelords "hurr who takes that long to buy candy".

OP: poor people are poor for a reason. I've lived my whole life surrounded by them--they're fucktards. One good example, my mom worked with someone who would put her entire paycheck into lottery tickets, then couchcrash and bum food because she couldn't afford rent or to eat. She never won and that went on for years.

>so its a 50/50 chance.

What the fuck am I reading? Troll physics goes probability?

>forming his opinion of millions of people based on one single encounter

I am lowkey, I make 220k year and mostly of this is passive, from several websites, I just invested in local food business, and things are hitting there too.

But back in 2009 I was poor as 24k/year poor, fresh out of school shithead. 2010 started working 2 jobs at the same time while making websites for pennies, 0 social life and 0 time to shave/buy clothes or change my shitty 1992 toyota camry. By the end of the year I recieved great offers for web dev jobs in the area, took 2 of them, one full time, one part time.

Long story short, I live in the same condo, drive the same car, and mostly have new shoes since the old ones are fucked up, my current main job is sys admin, I go to work with company vehicle and money etc. eat there too, and my free time (1 day/ week) I spend walking around the city, and mostly I buy stupid shit like you described - $ 200 worth of scratch tickets, and big mac menus, I hang at the skate park with my old buddies and have a joint there.

If you pass me on the street you will think I am on benefits or something.

My grand scheme is to do this for another 2-3 years, then move to stable job and work no more than 36-40h / week till I get pension.

How is questioning time spent buying candy even remotely edgy?

Its 50/50 chance since it will either happen or not happen. 2 outcomes and 1 outcome will be present in our observation dingus.

It's the same as people who discount someone's entire post because they made a grammar mistake or typo. You're a tryhard teenage edgelord who misses the entire point of the story trying to be a smartass.

I can be either struck by lightning or not struck by lighting, therefore I have a 50/50 chance of being struck by lightning? Are you fucking serious? Dude you're one of the dumbest posters I've seen on Veeky Forums and that's saying quite a lot.

>A coinflip is 50/50. Either you get tails or you dont.

Youre the retard

>policing other people's posts
Kill yourself my man

Holy kek does this sound familiar to you OP?

I dont think you know what edgy means

and 50% chance of getting killed in a plane crash. Either you do or you don't. 50/50 what's so hard to understand. Physics bitch!!!

Yeah its true. Finally you get it dingus

Wish I had a based grandma like this.

My grandma is pretty based but not $7 million based

>I'm a fat fuck buying a candy bar at a gas station.

Lmao they deleted it.

>lottery
>not gambling
pick one

bump

The point is that even if there are only two outcomes they aren't equally likely to happen. How are you this dumb?

>OP: poor people are poor for a reason. I've lived my whole life surrounded by them--they're fucktards.

This. I'm not poor anymore, but I was (literally) poverty-tier until I was 12, and from 12 to 25 lived in shit poorfag conditions.

Poorfags are almost universally retarded and have terrible habits. It's almost always their own fault they're poor. They don't even try. They're stupid as fuck and literally can't comprehend something like this
even as a vague concept. It's impossible for them. They will complain about not having enough money to feed their children properly, having just spent $300 on "sum sick nike jawdans yo." They will not budget. They have the attention span of a 3 year old and are incapable of forestalling pleasure. If they get $20 now, that's $20 in cigarettes or alcohol, and nothing else.

Poor people should honestly be exterminated, it would be doing them a favor.

came here to say this

>jokes are edgy

end it bud

Born poor, raised poor, and currently poor. Can confirm.
The only smart poor people are those who are skilled in something that they like, but is not lucrative (or is oversaturated), like some fields of science, some artists, writers, etc.
And they are rare exceptions when you consider the great masses of "regular" poors, who are both genetically and culturally retarded to the point of having little to no chance to ever be redeemable.
This includes all my poor friends, my parents, and me.

No but you cant argue with the fact that of 2 outcomes, one or the other will happen 5050

What is holding you back?

>Investing $5
>Real returns

It would take the equivalent on buying 1000 scratch cards to see any real returns on an investment.
And after buying 1000 you've probably won more than $5000 in a stock investment would have yielded you

Depression and learned helplessness took away all the hope and willpower I once had.

Bump

maybe that guy just won that $200 op

>on Veeky Forums
>dumb guy in another thread buys $5000 of JNUG and spends the 0 minutes I take automatically depositing a portion of my earnings to tax-advantaged Vanguard ETFs

why am I supposed to listen to you people again

I was on pol when the guy posted the opposite of this.

You can't fool me faggot.

Fun fact buying a box of magic cards (like the entire displaybox) yields more on average than the same amount in search offs.

Me and my friend tried this, its like a 40% average yield.

Warning: You need to know about magic and current trends first

I stopped playing magic but ill still buy a pack every once in a while.

$4 for a pack, and you can possibly pull multiple $30 cards.

how dare you just spout out garbage like that. even if you are trolling this kinda crap really shits up this board man. enough

bump

>Go to the US for the first time to work as a specialized contractor for a Silicon Valley corporation.
>They gave me a base model Lamborghini LP610 for free while I'm working there, but its tank is almost empty so I bring it to the gas station and fill the tank.
>Go to pay and notice this guy staring at the candy stand with 100% concentration.
>He also has a large bottle of Mountain Dew under each arm, a scooter between his legs and a skate helmet on his head.
>I decide to stay a bit more to see how long he stays there.
>Decide to buy a scratch ticket so I don't look like I'm just loitering in their store.
>He's still at it.
>He notices I'm looking and starts to pour his spaghetti.
>Drops one of the Mt Dew bottles and while trying to catch it he drops the other one.
>It takes him at least 15 seconds to pick them up because of his size.
>He resumes his candy-watching activities while nervously looking in my direction every few seconds.
>Decide to buy another ticket to keep watching him, and another, and another, and another.
>After about 30 minutes and $50 in scratch tickets I receive a phone call from my client and get out to talk about business.
>While I'm walking out he loudly says to himself "Gotta be a conscious consumer!" while stuttering a bit.
>Sit in my car while I finish the phone call.
>Keep watching him through the window.
>30 minutes later the phone call ends and he's still fucking there.