So Veeky Forums

So Veeky Forums,

Why come more of you guys don't own motorcycles? I know the /dbt/ thread is pretty hopping these days but I am sure there are a ton of you lurking that haven't bought one yet. You can't sit there and pretend you aren't at least a little interested in the idea of a 350 pound 150hp machine

Probably am buying one but the idea of dying to a pebble or some cunt pulling out in front of me isn't the most attractive one

Insurance is too expensive for me being a 20 year old canuck, also I'm not really sure what the consensus is on good bike brands, I like the idea of a 650 ninja though

All my friends voted I would be the most likely to die on a motorcycle. That's saying.. enough.

I do own a bike just not a street bike. I live in Alaska, the roadways are shit and I could only ride comfortably 3 mos a year. It would be something I had to maintain, register and insure as well as get gear and I'd never use it.

I own a small 125cc, as its what both me and my dad have a license for. I'll upgrade eventually, but dont see the point currently due to the cost of the license

No shit, i'm in the Yukon. Good to see someone northern here.

Buddy has a chopper and other than riding the alaska highway once every few years he never uses it.

I'll stick to my skidoo thanks

Because bike fags literally never shut up about their bike and what they're doing with it and how it rides and how cool it is, and will try to steer every single conversation towards motorcycles no matter how off topic, and I don't want to turn into one of those people.

Yeah yeah, I know, not all bike fags, and you're totally the exception.

Same applies to /k/, just wanted to mention

>also I'm not really sure what the consensus is on good bike brands,

Japanese. End of story. Buy popular, well understood models for best aftermarket and hive mind tech support. It's just like buying cars in that respect.

So now this is a motorcycle and gun thread right?

I'm down

>Good bike brands

Harley. Only harley

>good bike brands
>Harley

Good to avoid, sure.

The vast majority of Veeky Forumsis too scared to ride, they're afraid of becoming a smear of human tomato paste on the road.

Then the are the ones who are scared AND salty they'll never ride (for whatever reason) and feel the need to talk shit about bikes and make threats because they're insecure.

Everyone else rides, has ridden or will dabble sonnet or later.

Can we get input from somebody who isn't an overweight insecure 50 year old

I've heard that Honda's are shit but is that just a /dbt/ meme?

Modern Hondas are reliable but bland.

>bragging about having no sense of self preservation
Let's play a game called spot the insecure manchild

I was going to buy a motorcycle then I started watching motorcycle accidents on liveleak

Found the first one.

>I know you are but what am I
Great response

i got a honda 599 2006 model as my first bike little over week ago and twisting the throttle makes poop slide down my pants

far from bland

I don't even have a car

Funny how this is also true in the world of cars but idiots on Veeky Forums like to pretend it isn't

Already own a shitbox and a project car aswell as paying for college. I'll get a bike when I move out but for now my cage is plenty fast and insurance is a fuck of a lot cheaper.

>licensing process
>moni
If I can ever get a free weekend I might try out the free bike courses, but then there's the issue of affording a baiku as well. Some of the cheaper 80s UJMs on Craigslist look fun though

Bruh, the fuck are you talking about? People shit on US car manufacturers constantly on this board. From what I recall the only negative the general consensus has on Japanese cars is that Korea is catching up to them in quality and performance.

It's not. Most of the populace treats cars like efficiency appliances so what is most popular is usually an SUV or an econobox.

Bikes are a completely different type of vehicle.

>dying to a pebble

This is pretty much a meme. Even MotoGP tier sport bikes have enough suspension travel and tire flex to run over something as extreme as a ladder. The only time debris (leaves, dirt, pebbles, etc...) are a threat are during turns where you can't afford for grip to be compromised.

The issue is that human instinct and motorcycle driving do not mesh well. This is further compounded by years of car driving which has virtually zero translation to motorcycle driving.

Anyways, this is even assuming you want to ride a sport bike. Most Veeky Forums faggots ride dual sports or dirt bikes which can pretty much go up the side of a mountain without any issue

Of course it's true. You have four of the biggest car manufacturers in the world living across the street from each other. It's no mystery why all their engineering is identical and likely why they have come up with the most streamlined and effective way to manufacture cars. It isn't even close, lol

But I do, user.

Sport bikes are uncomfortable for duration. Adventure bikes are where it's at.

I think I misinterpreted your post. I didn't mean Japanese is bad. I meant that four wheel vehicles have no comparison to bikes.

I literally have the same lever setup as you. Aftermarket clutch (Same color) and stock brake. Is that Yana Shiki brand or some chink shit?

Adv bikes are a meme. How's it feel to know all other bikers laugh at you?

I'm shopping for my first bike this week. I'm going to use the bike as the 'fun' vehicle, and the car as the 'reliable DD' one. Fast cars are expensive and impractical. Fast bikes are cheap, and don't need to be practical.

Some 2 wheel vehicles complement 4 wheel vehicles really well.

I pretty much lost all interest in "fast cars" after having discovered motorcycles. I am not wealthy enough to afford the high price tag needed for a comparable car. I get my rush from my bike and just chill in my dd

I've been riding for 23 years, road and track. Had a racing license for years.
Have wrecked many times. Have never been injured worse than a concussion. It's no different than a car accident... shit happens, you roll the dice. Well trained and in proper gear I see no greater risk on a bike than in a car. Be alert and attentive, and don't take stupid chances.

>you realise this is you
Shit.

We posting hatchbacks n bikes now?

Pretty much. I have ridden a motorbike once, for a few hours, for my CBT. That was the final test for if I really wanted to get a bike, before dropping a couple of grand into doing so.
WAY more of a rush than driving, even driving stupid fast on twisties. Driving is fucking chill in my comfy DD, but biking is super fun. I ended up dropping back from the group just so I could gas it back up to them.

>Fast bikes are cheap, and biked aren't practical.
Ftfy

The only practicality a bike has is amazing gas mileage. Everything else about them is entirely impractical.

nah senpai

A person of average means can afford to race motorcycles. This is important because it takes a high income to race cars, especially fast ones. And if you're not racing, you're literally just convincing yourself that you're having fun

>my fun is realer than your fun

I've done it all, I know what the most fun is. You want adrenaline, or you want to pose for your profile pic?

Easy parking, lane splitting, cheaper tolls.

honestly I am just to afraid of being killed by some Asian woman who pulled out in front of me.

I would love a dirtbike for off road though, then it would at least be my fault if I killed myself

my niggers

Who knows why! It puts a smile on my face every time I get on it.

>My fun surely can be applied to all people on earth with no other opinion
ok

Adrenaline just happens to be your drug of choice brah. More adrenaline isn't necessarily more fun for everyone. The higher your adrenaline the less cerebral but more intense the experience.

Keep up the hard work convincing yourself that something you haven't tried yet can't be more fun than the things you already do

Have fun convincing anyone that your subjective experience is better than their subjective preference

Nobody here is saying that bike racing isn't fun fyi

too dangerous but I would ride one if I lived somewhere with less traffic

jizzy.

Increased traction and stability is why I'm looking into dual sports. The pebble thing was obviously a hyperbole but I still don't want to get killed by something stupid like a mud puddle (have wrecked as the result of one before) or a cunt not checking blind spots

Dual sports have more traction than sport bikes?

I would assume so given sport bikes can't exactly offroad

I'd think that has more to do with tires and suspension travel than traction, no?

yeah except you have a chance to survive a 60 mph head on crash inside a car but definitely not on a bike

>60 mph head on crash

The only way you are surviving that is if you're in a dump truck. At least on a motorcycle you have the chance of flying over the car.

You jumped right into his trap, buck-o. Take the hit.

Maybe if you're in an 80s sedan or something. Modern car safety is incredible.

not in cars made from 2003+
watch some dashcam crash videos, cars are very safe nowadays

its not even yours, nerd. I know the owner and he also owns a 848. Try harder bus rider.

The suspension and tires are pretty definitive of dirt bikes/dual sports. A lack of weight and a bigger front wheel are the only other differences IIRC

>Turns
>can't afford grip!

This meme is solved by not riding like you're in motoGP. There are very, very few turns in the US that require a knee down within 10mph of the posted speed limit or recommended safe speed.

Also consider "adventure", and "adventure sport" or whatever bikes. They're basically the natural evolution of standard bikes of old with fairings attached, given a name because having suspension travel and comfort isn't marketable unless it's for "adventure". Don't fall for the naked and cafe gaycer memes.

>naked bike
>a meme

They're just bikes without fairings.

They look ugly as fuck