What did he mean by this?

what did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGj3oC-wPF0
evo.co.uk/toyota/gt-86/page/0/1
www3.toyota.com.au/86/racing-series
motortrend.com/news/tested-2013-subaru-brz-hits-60-mph-in-6-4-sec-quarter-mile-in-14-9-sec-95-5-mph-183407/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

and this?

who said that?

not sure who said it, what context it was in, or even what fucking car it is (thanks for explaining op) but probably something like the car looks like a sports car but really isnt. like riced civics, hondas, etc. they might look and sound sporty, but theyre just piles of shit

>200 hp on a good day
only complete retards would call that hairdresser's toy a sportscar.

>or even what fucking car it is
Please leave or get less dumb

I seriously don't get the massive butthurt about this particular car.

It is kinda cheap, RWD and does 0-60 under 8 seconds.

The FUCK do people want more out of this?
Is everyone just massively spoiled or what the shit is going on?

all that ranting is also a great way to signal car makers to just stuff it and stop catering to the remaining crowd of young car enthusiasts since they're ungrateful anyways and it's not worth it.

the guy that made spoon

>Don't even know what car it is

OP explains perfectly

Consider suicide

fuck off boomer, I like what I got.

Guys I'd my 350z a sports car?

>miata
>civic
>race cars
lmfao
How delusional can japs be?

I love the refreshed version of this car and I love the idea of a RWD coupe for under 30k. But that's the thing. It's heavy, it's way too expensive for what it is and truth be told it's underpowered for what it is. The interior is slowly evolving BUT ITS 2016 AND NO FUCKING ARMREST ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!
Dorifto mode aside it needs atleast a 50hp boost or something. 200hp is okay if they offer a trim that's lightened.
Seriously the used market is horrible, people think a 70k car is still worth 18 grand. And buying it new just leaves a bad taste in your mouth because it FEELS like a 20,000$ car. What's stopping you from buying a coupe Honda Civic manual turbo model and BTFO 86 drivers?
/rant

ur mums a sportscar

i know cause i wrecked her

>>Miata
>not the most popular amateur/semi-pro level racecar in existence

Want to know how I can tell you're a benchracer?

is an horse an athlet?
is dogs?

entry level grand touring

I dunno, I kinda have a soft spot for the underpowered underdog. I'm looking into getting one soon.

>does 0-60 under 8 seconds.
hard to find a car that doesn't

wait it's actually pretty easy reminded me

The problem is that you're on Veeky Forums. There will always be people on here that will shit on something simply to shit all over it. I think it's a decent car, but it doesn't live up to everyone's shitty anime standards so others will claim it's a garbage car

since when did power define a sports car?

That's the thing, it does doesn't it? Wasn't the point of dagumi that it WAS an under-powered / slow car compared to the competition?

>Miata
You have a strange way of spelling Elise.

dagumi's 86 had a group a engine. the point of initial d was to prove the superiority of the live rear axle design.

oh, i almost believed in something. that was close! good thing that was cleared up

350Z is a shit car

No shit the president of spoon is going to be saying that. He is butthurt about anything that isn't a honda, you would know this if you watched hot version. An 86 is much more of a sportscar than one of his shit little civics, I don't care how fast either one it

Here's the video since OP hasn't posted it.

youtu.be/cGj3oC-wPF0

The other user is right, he got a group a engine swap, but that wasn't until the second stage iirc. So I'd say the first stage was about how he was beating them despite having a shitbox

Can someone link the video?

I've never heard of anyone in my area racing elises. Is that a thing in bongland?

Yeah, initial D was about the driver being more Important that the car, just like real life.

>Gt86 is more of a sportscar than the s2k
Oh Veeky Forums you're always good for a laugh evey once in a while

It's a thing in every european country.
Only burgers think miatas are racing cars.

because you've driven as many cars as him? He doesn't bechrace on the internet, he actually went out and fucking BOUGHT a gt86 to get an opinion on it.

face it, it's shit.

someone's retarded.

> Evaluating a drivers car.
> Complains about lack of armrests.

Srsly ameriburgers, you are spoiled beyond repair.

Sports = competititon. If it can't reasonably compete, or wasn't made to compete in

>track
>rally
>drag

It's not a sports car. It's a sporty car.

the GT86 was homologated for rally though, so it's a sports car

just not to snobs that don't recognize rally as motorsports

>only track matters! driving takes the passenger seat to technological advancement!

>worst tripfag is being retarded again

Even the 07-08?

MX-5s are raced in yurop too m9

Who the fuck still uses yellow subtitles?

Yes, it's meant to be an affordable, trackable GT.
The problem is how fucking heavy it is for the power that it makes, it's unlike the 240Z because of it and a lot of people don't like it. Doesn't mean it's not a sports car though.

I own a 240 as well, so I know what you mean
>More room in my 240 than my 350

I don't really know what they were thinking when designing the 350/370, I guess the bulkiness and weight are probably due to more aggressive safety regulations which sucks. I'd love for the next Z to go back to basics but I don't know how well modern Nissan could pull that off.

People here are assmad mostly because it wasn't like $5k new, so they couldn't afford it.

>poorfags clog up tracks with their shitmobiles so that means it's a racecar

doing a season of spec miata is not cheap
more so if you want a shot at winning races

>keep samefagging this shit trying to force it to be true
>meanwhile the actual truth is that its one of the most underperforming car new in its category and price bracket
slower
than
a
miata

Spec Miata actually IS cheap compared to any other type of race series, hence why poorfags flock to the Miata so much.

Still doesn't make the Miata a race car.

Because you might as well take that money and spend it on a good, used sports car.

And here comes the Poverty Brigade.

>entitled millennial detected

>New cars cost more than used cars

Woah, what a revelation.

Actually I think the 350 looked great, 370 not so much. There's no reason for it to be so heavy though, and I wish it was an inline 6 but that died off back in the Z31 so it's way too late to complain

Even in 10 years, the GT86 is still going to be a shit option.

I actually like the visual design of the 350 a lot, the 370 is just ugly by trying to look too modern.

This

Why get a GT86 when S2000s are hanging around 15k for decent sub 90k mile rwd sports car

since when did athletic ability define sports?

since Chariot Racing.

He means it kind of sucks.

This.

I agree with him

So we're dick out of luck until Nissan releases a new S-chassis

>Renault-Nissan

>making anything but shit

That's a good joke.

th-there's rumours about a new S-chassis! You just gotta believe and buy more crossovers to support them!

>S16 is a hybrid made to compete with the Prius

Not everyone wants a convertible.

Besides, S2ks are overpriced now.

>overpriced now
it blows out anything new in the 30k range and beats most things at the used 15-20k range especially considering availability
they've gone up in price sure but they're still good for the money

>corolla motor

I feel like it's trying too hard to look like a Porsche

>but the 86 is a 'sporty car' not a real 'sportscar
>but the 86
>86

Arnt you the fag that used to have that tumblr emote in his name?

Better than a 323 motor.

>civic is a race car
>brz isnt a sports car

not even Veeky Forums is this bad

s2000 have glass transmissions

86 is pretty solid

all it takes for a 86 to get better power to weight ratio is an intake tune, and ripping out the rear seats.

His company did anyways. and they always made the worst 86 builds on hotvers. I've never actually seen tsuchiya and his goons be so condescending, in talking shit about their civic mods they hamfisted unto the 86.

spoon a fucking shit

this. My miata does it in fucking 6.8

its a 2006

its 10 years old and is on par with a brand new """""FLAGSHIP SPORTS CAR"""""

86 is 6.1

and sports cars=/=drag racers. sports cars are more about keeping speed through corners. not stoplight racing. you got rental v6 mustangs for that.

Poorfags and bus cucks. is right, but that's more just a matter of people spending their money in a way he doesn't like.

They'll be the next 240SX once they depreciate hard enough.

If only.

>Nissan and Mitsu co-develop a new RWD turbo 4 Silvia/Starion to kick the Toyobaru's head in

>6.1
citation needed

most figures i see are in the mid to high 7s
e.g. evo.co.uk/toyota/gt-86/page/0/1

also
>implying the 86 can keep speed through corners on those shitty tires

Can't you just put tires that aren't shit on?

>Can't you just put tires that aren't shit on?
Maybe you should ask Subaru/Toyota that question instead.

>27k starting price for car
>no armrest
Not even worth my time

Don't forget
>turn signals aren't self-cancelling
>there are motorcycles that have self-cancelling turn signals

You are forgetting the disintegrating oil pump.
Really puts a standard money-shift to shame.

All I'm saying is that it sounds like one of those problems that can be fixed easily and the complaint is that it's not twice as fast and half the price, and that it doesn't come with armrests?

link to vid or you're bullshitting

www3.toyota.com.au/86/racing-series

They are tho

this video is beyond unwatchable. you feel like you want to put it on mute because even tho you can't understand Japanese, every other word is preceded with about 5 seconds of eeeehhhhhh... uuuhhhhhh... is this how Japanese fucking speak their native language? Then sometimes you hear an English word and you realize the subtitles aren't even matching what this dude is saying. turd video is turd

I own an 86.

The turn signals are self cancelling

motortrend.com/news/tested-2013-subaru-brz-hits-60-mph-in-6-4-sec-quarter-mile-in-14-9-sec-95-5-mph-183407/

6.4 for the MY13 on Prius tires

I beat a scion frs off the line in a stock 4 door 1994 cavalier with 4 more people in the car. No joke.

good for you :^)

Own a BRZ, can confirm.

I like the principle behind the GT86, what it tired to be, a modest lightweight FR with modest HP like what the AE86 was.

But the fact that it has all these fancy bells and whistles and a boxer engine just kills it for me, do you really need a rear facing camera and traction control?

I was going to get one but fuck it, I'll either stick to my current car or get a RHD MR-S.

Yes you need the rear camera much like many other new cars you have shit rear visibility. Though the fact there isn't a factory manual windows rubber floor mat option pack other then the rear camera is a fucking shitshow

my shitbox does 0-60 in 11 seconds

under 8 seconds is super quick, a modern 6 cyl doing 0-60 in 7 secs is insanely quick for me