Why are camera cars fully painted black?

Why are camera cars fully painted black?

Light reflections probably. Something related to that

This was my first thought

Less light reflections.

It does look flat, as opposed to glossy.

Yeah, they're usually matte black.

It's also probably easier to hide or edit out of shots

Why they use Cayennes?

because they're fast and comfortable maybe

Combination of carry capacity and good suspension probably. The horrid solid axles of pickemuptrrruuxxxx would probably shake up the picture like hell.

Also Cayennes are one of the most reliable luxury SUVs.

I was there when they filmed this scene, it was in Newcastle, England and we don't have many camera rig cars over here like Hollywood, hence you usually seeing one of about 4 early generation Cayennes used on UK location.

Wtf is this ulgy camaro?

The BBC used to use Citroens for televising horse races with a full-size studio camera on the roof and a uplink transmitter in a small trailer. I remember the car would be completely steady but the trailer would be bouncing around all over.

GM Product placement

Bumblebee.

Fast enough for chases. Heavy enough for this big ass rig. Sophisticated suspension for stability. Able to speed through light terrain. I guess...

They apparently used this for Top Gear on the test track, and then they used Land Rover Discoveries and sometimes Range Rovers for when they weren't on the test track

>The horrid solid axles of pickemuptrrruuxxxx would probably shake up the picture like hell.
I regularly see pickup trucks used as camera vehicles though
Anyone who isn't a retard knows that those million dollar rigs are stabilized well enough to drive over a dirt road without any ill effect

Yeah, but if they don't have to stabilize as much wouldn't they not wear out as fast? I imagine that those rigs are expensive.

Don't Discoveries have relatively smooth rides?

Grip here. Worked on movies with camera cars. They're black so it's harder to see them in any reflection, like in glass. Plus light won't bounce off of them as easily.

>Grip here

Matthias, is it you?

Probably so when they show up in the reflection off other cars/windows/water/whatever they aren't bright orange.

Most high end shows use Range Rovers as their camera cars. Other options are Audi A4, A6, Cayennes.

because reflections of reflections

Yeah I'm sure a camera rig designed to stabilize a big heavy camera with constant use in harsh environments will wear out prematurely because it's doing what it's designed to do.

>pic is the size of an ant
>1MB in size
wut