YOU HAVE 30min TO BUY THIS AE86 for $60

copart.com/us/Lot/34456226?searchId=1447576844

Someone save this fucking thing, I wish I could but I can't afford to move it from WA to CO

Its the SR5, the only "true" AE86 by model number and vin in the US

I just don't want it to be scrapped

Other urls found in this thread:

copart.com/us/Lot/15819506?searchId=1372612459
copart.com/us/Lot/35568846?searchId=1642074543
copart.com/us/Lot/35676096?searchId=843795212
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm gonna samefag pretty hard with bumps, there's gotta be someone

What's so special about it? Never bothered with toyota

I live on the east coast but I'll give you a bump i guess

whoops for real

...someone in Washington that wants a clean 86 shell, clean title

Fuck I wish I could buy it

FUCK

Living in an apt with no garage fucking blows

FUCK i just want an 86

watch "initial d" lol, full series is on youtube

if you love jap shitboxes and nice aesthetics you will like the show, even if you're not into anime

but anyway its a RWD

I own a miata and live on the ec, Ill be the next tagumi

Fuck it I might bid anyways, anyone in WA want to haul an 86 to Colorado?

I'll pay you like $500

Conversely, anyone in WA have a tow dolly I can rent/buy?

Going to school and working full time but I have half a mind to drive up there in my Forester and tow the fucker down

Not a hatch, shits worth like $400 at most

man you have no idea, I literally fucking am Dagumi

except my mogi wasn't a literal prostitute

and I wrecked my fucking Miata through no fault of my own

but h shit m8

Live in WA and see these turds all the time

fuk u man still a seemingly rust free 86 for sixty fucking dollars

Yeah it has the 4AC

but a complete black top BEAMS with 6 speed is ~1500$ shipped

Thats a $3500 touge monster after good coilovers, etc and everything for the swap

send me some turds motherfucker, have seen ONE in my 8 years in CO

So OP, are you biting the bullet and buying it?

Also, judging by the pictures, is the engine a 4AGE? I dont know much about the AE86 stuff so I might be mistaken

Keiichi Tsuchiya made the first drifting video in the world in this car... search Pluspy on youtube.. Also Drift Kings favourite car

It has a SOHC 4AC engine. I would buy it but I live in Michigan and can't take the time off of school.

realistically prob not man :(

my apt complex will post a note on any shitty looking car parked anywhere telling the owner to get it the fuck out, and I couldn't store it somewhere safe from snow in the winter

and I honestly probably couldn't afford to fix one up until I'm done with college, shits just too expensive, and between rent, school, and maintaining a high-mileage subaru I have no fucking money ever

yeah, 60 bucks for a car like this (assuming no major issues) is a real steal if you live closeby, but even then, it would take serious time and money to ship it and then start working on it to make it somewhat enjoyable to drive. Possibly not worth it in the end? Shipping by itself is 1,100+ dollars to ship to michigan

It probably doesn't run, but you don't buy a USDM 86 with the intention of keeping the motor

If I had a truck I would make the drive in a heartbeat, renting a trailer from UHAUL is like $400 for a few days

very unfortunate copart.com/us/Lot/15819506?searchId=1372612459

It says it started and ran at idle. If anything my dumbass would probably buy a one way plane ticket to Washington and drive it back to MI.

>FWD

dropped

That thing would probably not survive the trip and you would have to spend another arm and leg towing it back

holy shit, a super nice looking R32 is now a pile of scrap metal. God fucking dammit what the hell did the driver do

>retard

dropped

really? I'm not seeing a description

not a bad idea for a hell of a life experience

pussy

Sold for $525.

no shit??

>Its the SR5, the only "true" AE86 by model number and vin in the US
Someone has watched RCR I see.

It was the miata before the miata. Lightweight, front engine, rwd, just a cheap and cheerful car.

It has nice PanaSport G7 5C5. :C

Another R32, it's a GTR for just 500 buck.
copart.com/us/Lot/35568846?searchId=1642074543

Never bought a car at auction before but interested in it. Is copart good for that? All I can find online are horror stories and bad reviews

Yeah, monitored the bidding in realtime. War got ferocious, there was a bidder from Guatemala involved.

the fuck is RCR?

pretty common knowledge among 86 enthusiasts that the "good" 86 in the US was the GT-S with the chassis code AE-88, and the SR5 trim was the only actual "AE86"

>some shitty toyota
>uses the phrase "touge monster"
>muh ae86
I hope it rots, you fucking weebs.

No one wants a 100 hp piece of shit.

>doesn't know what a reserve is

Probably won't let it go for less than $10,000.

no fuckin way...

After the "sale time" i refreshed and it just said "Live!" and $60 with "Never Bid"

then it just said sale ended

>primary damage
>UNKNOWN
>looks okay-ish
>500 dollars
Sounds too good to be true. Must be something hiding

it's a historically important car at this point to some extent

imo any 80's shitbox in good shape is worth preserving

>No one wants a 100 hp piece of shit.

hence the BEAMS fucker

see >

you stupid fuck

anyway, there's plenty of 100% functional clean cars on copart - donated , seized, etc

>historically important car
A piece of shit economy car that didn't even sell well when it was new is not historically important.

It's not even a blip on the radar. Fuck you and the engine swap. I'd rather spend $3500 on a rubber fuck toy than waste my time with something like this.

Check out this fucking beauty

Could pick it up and throw it on bringatrailer for like 10k lol

copart.com/us/Lot/35676096?searchId=843795212

Yeah for some reason it doesn't update the information unless you're watching it as it happens, and/or after the sale information gets approved (up to three business days).

>didn't even sell well when it was new
are you fuckin dull?

that's the point

Do people look at an Edsel in 2016 and think "ugh what a piece of shit, might as well scarp it"

Yes, they do.

but the chassis number is what matters not the vin. ae86 is the chassis number that's what it's referred to as just like calling a 240sx an s13 Jesus Christ why does this piss me off so much

the fuck are you talking about

That's what makes the SR5 "special" as i said in the first fucking post,
it's AE86 chassis and vin

even AE88's have an 86 vin

If you're talking semantics, obviously a USDM AE88 is still a "hachi-roku" or "86" or whatever the fuck

but it's still not a real AE86

just like an AE85 is not a real AE86

Did anyone catch the price it sold for? Missed it

The AE85 was never even sold in the 'states, it was Japan only.

is correct. AE86s are a complete mess when it comes to VINs- both US and European Corollas don't match the Japanese ones as to which trim level actually has '86' in the VIN. In common parlance AE86 is just an 83-87 Corolla 2/3 door coupe/hatchback with the 4A-GE twin cam engine. Getting into semantics just makes you look like a fucking retard, especially to the "86 enthusiasts" that mentions who already know which cars have what numbers and don't need to restate it constantly.

No.

>The AE85 was never even sold in the 'states, it was Japan only.

no shit, was using it as an example that these intial-d weebs would understand

And yeah fuck, i switched around chassis code and vin, the SR5 is the only one with matching vin and chassis is what I was trying to say

I live near washington, problem is I don't know shit about importing into Canada
It's not an AE92

I would buy this car then set it on fire out in the desert just to make you autists mad

>getting mad about a tofubox getting overcooked on a one way trip to Valhalla, to drift eternal and chrome

>ae86 is the chassis number that's what it's referred to as just like calling a 240sx an s13
fucking this

S13s don't even have S13 in the VIN, it's chassis code only (as opposed to stuff like skylines where R32/33/etc shows up as part of the vin)

hence why people refer to jap cars by chassis code and NOT VIN

>I would

but you would rather fuck small animals in the ass wouldn't you you fucking waste of skin

If it were fur sale in vegas I would have done exactly what I've said.
It's too far though I'm not gonna trailer it all over the country just to burn it.

holy shit how did this end up on there, that's a genuinely rare "classic"

wow ur so fucking cool and edgy

at least it will be loved by someone (prob an enthusiast) now :^)

hope u get fucked by a horse and die, better yet kys

Wow I wonder if it's been restored

>enthusiast
Is that what we call 16 year old weaboos buying cars with dad's money now?

The amount of butt hurt your posts excrete is hilarious.

You don't seem to be detecting emotions correctly, there is no butthurt here.

>furry talking shit about weebs
Pot calls the kettle etc etc

1k and ill do it lol

lol

And he's not even open about being a furry out in public. Shamefur Dispray

It was sold I hope one of you fuckers bought it

Someone in Florida.

>washington

More Skids guys probably bought it

do people really think these garbage little shits are special?

lol

You're on Veeky Forums they like miatas. What do you think?

Someone redpill me on this Copart website?

Is it legit? I dont expect to win rad JDM stuff for like 2g, but if its not a scammy website, I might as well try.

Yes it's legit, it's pretty much the biggest online car auction site.
That's like asking if eBay is legit.

Copart sells cars that were salvaged, repossessed, or sold wholesale. They aren't selling random pristine cars through consignment, every car on the car is fucked up in some way whether it be damage or title issues. You need a membership to bid on some cars and to look at them in person

YouTube "BisforBuild". Full length episodes of them buying an 86 off of copart and building it back together. The website is legit and they even hold contests to see who picked up what and how the build went

>satan is this new

um yeah I'd say so

at least in the context of cars affordable to Veeky Forums

the massive cult following alone should give you some hint

to elaborate, it's a small,lightweight, reliable RWD 2dr hardtop with a massive aftermarket and potential and ofc pop-ups

The miata is really the only thing that comes close, but makes you a faggot in normie eyes

name another car that checks those boxes

dub dubs don't lie

I guess there's the E30 but reliability is a bit more iffy, and they weigh like 2600 pounds to start if I recall

Nissan S12? Or if you want straight line speed instead of cornering and can give up pop-ups, there's always foxbody Mustangs.

there are plenty other cars that are better and cheaper. even other toyotas...
miata doesnt come close, its a convertible

>coupe
>not hatchback
ehhhhh for 60$ it is worth it

>there are plenty other cars that are better and cheaper. even other toyotas...
name them

There are many clean cars on Copart I bought my Z4 on there for 3500

>bought my Z4 on there for 3500
sure thing buddy

Implying an S12 is even possible to fucking find in the US, much less find widely available go-fast parts for

Fuck a mustang nigga

As the other user said, fucking name them

You've obviously never driven an 86 nor a Miata

I guess the FB is a valid suggestion but not exactly reliable if you want to upgrade it

Ok guys this is somewhat related but not really. Theres an 87 ae82 corolla fx with a 4AGE going for 900, it runs alright according to the seller. Basically is this car any good? I figure for less than 900 its not a terrible deal.

If its a really a FX16, it's worth checking into. Drive it first. It's an older car so obviously check for rust

It doesn't say FX16 on the back, however when I run the vin it says it has a 1.6L L4 DOHC 16V, which is a 4AGE right? Or am I mistaken?

Could be, that's the only DOHC offered in them, just check it out, asking question here to be sure wouldn't be good.