Are we witnessing the rise of Orthodoxy in the West?

Are we witnessing the rise of Orthodoxy in the West?

With the betrayal of the Catholic Church and the election of satanic pope Francis, and the selling out of some major Protestant denominations, I don't see for how long conservative Christians will put up with this before converting to orthodoxy.

At least to me it seems like everyone is talking about orthodoxy and Russia right now.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G2IY9Aj1xUA
antiochian.org/content/will-we-be-ready-coming-evangelical-collapse
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Are we witnessing the rise of Orthodoxy in the West?
no

No but we are seeing the decline of Christianity in the world

Pic related a western rite orthodox church.

No, you're seeing the rise of the Emergent Church, the apostate church, the One World Religion Church that believes all roads lead to God, and every religion has some truth to it.

One day we will all collectively tip our fedoras at the same time so hard we tilt Earth off its axis and that will be the Apocalypse

>everyone is talking about orthodoxy

you spend too long on Veeky Forums

Christianity isn't declining in the world, only in the West

Eastern Church is too dumb to cope with western life - it'll die out in the open shortly.

maybe if they ditch the ethnic component and just have 'orthodox' churches and services in english

There are actually more islam converts in the west

It would be either too boring if the priest is incompetent, or too depressing if they do it nicely - and in future most people would end up atheistic, it's the virtue of orthodoxy lmao.

youtube.com/watch?v=G2IY9Aj1xUA

^ Imagine a funeral like this.

No one who isn't a slav cares about orthodoxy

The Orthodox need to fuck off with the insane hierarchy currently established in the U.S. There needs to be a Patriarch of the Americas, and an established western rite.

Greeks, Romanians, some countries in Africa - care about it and none of them are Slavs.

I think they should, without destroying the ethnic churches and communities already existing in the West, they should put up a less ethnic, western rite "lifeboat church" to accommodate/rescue new converts, so as to not put a bunch of spiritual refugees in the same church as the ethnic communities, mongrelizing and destroying them in the process.

You're walking home from the local atheist meetup and Islam apologist convention when you see this blocking your path, what do you do?

Those people don't matter

antiochian.org/content/will-we-be-ready-coming-evangelical-collapse

This

Tell them they wont get any handouts nor vodka

Tell those subhuman Slavs to get out the way

Shoot them for being suspected bigots

No, not only on Veeky Forums. I go to traditionalist catholic circles and there is a sensible tension in that the priests and the older laity feel like they always have to say something against orthodoxy or Russia, fearing that the younger generation might want to abandon ship. It is an unspoken issue which nevertheless is felt.

>antochian.org
is it a muslim website?

Its called religious paranaioa user. They just want to make someone responsible for their decline.

but are former catholics becoming orthodox or just fedoras?

You're not that smart aren't you?

explain how eastern europeans and africans matter in this day and age

thats not an answer buddy

Ask them how much for a BJ from the cutie in the bottom left.

No we are seeing the rise of Norse paganism. Odin will rise again.

>eastern European

Thems fightin' words

t. Eustathios Kollas

PAY
DEBNTS
E
B
N
T
S

>his name is Eustache

So far I don't personally know any catholic who has actually converted. It is not a light issue.

It looks that way because Russians have invaded Veeky Forums to shitpost on /pol/. They'll leave after Trump loses the US election.

>it seems like everyone is talking about memedoxy and Russia right now
That's the power of meme magic.

No, not really.

No religion that requires any deep commitment and belief like Orthodoxy is going to take off in the West because the people have no need for it. Times are so good on the actual scale of things and people in the west are educated enough that religious belief no longer gains one anything you couldn't get without it. The fact that the west, America especially, has such a mix of people of different creeds means that one can't have the luxury of otherizing another because of their religion, your co-workers, extended family, school friends may all be of different faiths and one cannot maintain the illusion that they are all cackling heretics. Converting to a legitimate religion like Orthodoxy requires sincere belief that it and it alone is the "true faith" which becomes increasingly difficult to have when you have regular contact with others who remain good people without being members.

lol wtf
why is /pol/ constantly pushing this Orthodoxy meme so hard?

>traditionalist

Are they SSPX retards, or actual Catholics?

Does it count if I was raised Roman Catholic, apostatized, then came to Orthodoxy later in life?

You know phyletism is a heresy, right?

I don't think it's /pol/. Reminds me more of the /christian/ types on otherchan who hate the more liberal vatican II, which doesn't let them roleplay as crusaders as much, and protestants due their general wackiness and lack of aesthetics.

I do like the orthodox wizard thing though.

>/pol/
Most of them are crusader LARPers, not Orthodox, newfag

Just a reminder the only reason people in real life are against Vatican II is because they hate jews

I don't know much about African countries - as I don't live in the region and it's our of my interest, but there's pretty much happening in eastern countries - I don't know if Romania is classified as one - as its part of the west, with opening at dead sea, and it just sits in the eastern region, that's about it.

In regions like that the orthodox church prevailed over time, but that's irrelevant - if you would be interested in eastern traditions of the church in such countries - you'll simply end up amazed let's say compared to the catholic church.

But I'm not a christian so I don't care about the coherence of a each religion, all forms of Christianity are highly irrational.

It's actually interesting to go back through Vatican II and see how little was changed. The big change was the vernacular, of course, but beyond that there was no fundamental change of doctrine, and the Mass is still the Mass.

SSPX likely will be a personal prelature within a couple of years

Yes, which means they'll have accepted the full authority of the Pope, and I'll have no problem with them.

They'll be better than the fucking sedevacantists, anyway.

Ask how a priest can possibly justify nationalism and jingoism?

Anyone who joins a Church for the purposes of fighting degeneracy is joining for all the wrong reasons

Sedes are terrible. FSSP/ICKSP/Diocesan Latin Masses are fine.

Yeah exactly the reason everyone gets their panties in a bunch about it is because it says modern day jews aren't to blame for killing Jesus which any not-retarded person would accept

Yeah that'll be a great future for the church. With adherents only in the poorest of third world countries.

If you have a Novus Ordo mass in latin, with the preist facing the alter, old hyms played on organ, and a lot of incense in a pretty church, 90% of laypeople would think its a pre-VII latin mass.

With the way some of the German bishops have been behaving, I think we could stand to have a bit fewer of those rich, first-world Church officials.

As someone who grew up a confessional Presbyterian, probably my favorite thing about Orthodoxy is the a cappella singing/chanting. They really do it right. There is nothing more beautiful than hearing Psalms sung competently using no other instruments than the ones God gave us.

It was happenening quite a bit in conservative Reformed circles for a while as well, with Frankie Schaeffer's conversion and a few others. I think mostly it's just the foreignness of Orthodoxy to Western minds. We've been fighting the Church of Rome so long that when someone comes along who doesn't have all the same baggage that RCs and Protestants do we go all gooey for them. They have their own baggage, but it usually takes a long time to realize that. You have to lose the convert's zeal and rose-colored glasses first.

A similar thing is happening with Islam. Thanks to 9/11 and other high-profile terrorist actions, Westerners tend to be a bit more nervous about converting to Islam, but it definitely has a draw to conservative-minded people.

I've known plenty of Orthodox people who are just as lazy and cultural as anyone else. They go because they're Romanian, Russian, Greek, etc. but they don't have a religious bone in their body, or if they are, they certainly don't have what it takes to do the serious devotion that the religion requires.

No, they're against it for the same reason many laypeople were against the Reformation. They're being asked to accept a totally different piety and practice than what the supposedly unchanging Church Militant told them in their childhoods and told to their parents and grandparents. The Church my parents were raised in is hard to find these days.

I think a lot of them also don't like the change in music or shifting away from Latin.

>The Church my parents were raised in is hard to find these days.

It's been the same Church for two millennia.

There motives are usually a longing for the latin litergy, and a dislike of the more liberal elements that have creeped into the church, mostly because the church really does not want to excommunicate people.

Honestly, as an Orthodox person, I'd hate it if we completely modernized our liturgy.

Ware got it right - there's something special about a group of believers chanting in a language they don;t fully understand, singing praises to God in a welcoming church beautifully decorated with Biblical imagery, with the smoke of the incense surrounding them. It adds to the mystical side of religion that scholastic Catholics have placed aside.

>It adds to the mystical side of religion that scholastic Catholics have placed aside.

Aquinas literally wrote a mystical hymn about the Eucharist. Catholicism has a nearly 1000 year old unique mystical tradition. Don't talk shit just because you don't believe in the united operation of Faith and Reason.

Catholicism has saints like Aquinas but it also has St. John of the Cross, St. Theresa of Avila, etc. The rationalistic side and the spiritual side complement each other

I absolutely believe in that, I believe the Schism was a mistake and that reunion should happen as soon as possible.

But it's literally impossible to argue convincingly that Catholicism on average is not far, far more 'rational' than mystical, especially compared to Orthodoxy.

I don't believe Orthodoxy is 'better' because of this - I fully acknowledge my church has flaws that could at least partially be rectified by adopting/re-embracing/spotlighting some Catholic teachings.

As said, the two complement each other.

Why the fuck do people take Veeky Forums seriously?

Surely you jest.

Russia's a shithole & Turkey is Greek clay.

Reminder that Francis is legitimately the pope, that popes have resigned before

Reminder that Jesus Christ, God himself, promised the first pope, Peter himself, that the Papacy and the Church would never fail

I am witnessing the rise of my penis inside your butt

You like anal so much you think Jesus came from anal sex

Thalys the Orthodox Church, bud.

He genuinely believes that the Almighty God of Time and Space personally favors his country full of crooks and military full of rapists.

>election of satanic pope Francis,

Why do retards always push this? As far as living as Christ did, Francis is one of the best popes we've had in ages.

Orthodoxy isn't anywhere near as popular in real life as it seems like it is from Veeky Forums anyway.

The west won't be around much longer if current trends continue. Birth rates continue to decline throughout the west, and the only reason populations are growing at all is due to the influx of immigrants from poor countries.
The modern secular west will not stay as it is now over the next few centuries.

Orthodoxy isn't anywhere near as AUTHENTIC in real life either. It feels like all the Orthodox you see online are zealous fresh converts to some purist American branch of the Greek Church hardliners, basically the most anal current in the body. Just like Catholics online are overrepresented by traditionalists.

Lol I'm sure the 13 year old autists who think Orthodoxy is cool because "le remove kebab maymay" have been baptized in the Orthodox Church.

Hey orthocücken (and catholic u k c s too, for that matter). Do you have some priests that do some hard preaching on YouTube like pastor Anderson?

>Pope Francis lives close to how Jesus did
Meh
>Pope Francis says people you don't like are alright and help them once
SATAN!!!!1!!ONE!!!

Bishop Robert Barron and Fr. Mike Schmitz

An example of the mind of a reprobate

Pastor Anderson is a loser who denies evolution and the age of the universe

Mein Neger

What is that group in pic related?

pope Franciscunt is a cuck

Eastern European neckbeards

And Emperor Palpatine was fine because Muh inject /pol/ into everything?

Motorheadsky

Me making love with constantine is fine even if we are both boys as he is a trap

Some parafascist Orthodox thugs LARPing as the Russian Inquisition.

SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN

Wtf I love orthodoxy now

I love petting Constantine on his head as he sucks my penis

The combination of camo coloring and shiny medals and icons is hilarious btw.

No. There are millions of Christians in China for example.

Dope

Look up the Orthodox Church in America senpai

A sliver of the Chinese population.

I wonder if there will come a day when Christians get tired of their predictable and tedious doomsaying.

Meant for this guy