Why haven't you gotten on the van train yet Veeky Forums? Pic related, my van (and a mock up for a roof rack)...

Why haven't you gotten on the van train yet Veeky Forums? Pic related, my van (and a mock up for a roof rack). Video to get you to learn that you too can enjoy a van. youtube.com/watch?v=7U2BC5sOltU

I can't find any 2nd gen Caravans since most people throw them in the salvage yard

The way he cuts out the dead air when he's talking is a bit annoying and jarring.

My gf wants an early 90s gm (g20?) Van with a 350 for $300.

She's always been poor white trash and she was raised in a van. She says it's her dream car which pisses me off because I've been trying to up her standards over the past year or so and she won't take, always wants the absolute cheapest thing. Clothes, cars, jobs, living space, etc all has to be the skeesiest, cheapest, lowest quality shit she can find.

/rant, been a shitty day

Vans are cool, but fuck having one for a dd.

I dd mine. It's awesome. Don't be so insecure.

Already onboard.

I drive a pic related but the value has gone nuts in recent years so I am considering selling and going american

Ford best van.

1977 Transit here

Don't need one. 'White van man' is my backup employment plan, though. Buy van, move shit, buy shit, sell shit.

Because the brick would drink double the fuel of a car and go slower than any car on the Autobahn.

>not having a van squad

sounds like a lame train to get on

Does her family cook meth?
Sounds like wife material.

>used to drive a 86 g20 with real leather seats

Your gf knows luxury

My van got less than 12 miles per gallon US

And was around similar acceleration of a 3 cylinder 1.0l car

>but you can live in it

I haven't felt the need to delicate a vehicle purely to abducting women

Im actually really considering buying one but I cant handle the 2wd shit, if I'm going to buy a camper van I want it to be 4wd so I can go where I really want to. I found an astro ive been thinking about converting to awd but the guy wants like 8k. I always look for under 100k miles.

Miles shouldn't scare you user.

If you're going to buy an astro get one that's already AWD. Converting one to AWD would be stupid expensive and pointless.

You could swap the drivetrain from a s10 to have 4wd.

Why shouldnt they? They still mostly use big blocks that are the same as pickup motors.
Havent actually looked into astroa too much they dont fet the 305s?

The Astro/Safari only gets the 4.3 with the 4l60e. Depending on the year you'll get a viscous coupling t-case or the electronic deal.

I personally don't care about miles unless it's over the 200k mark. They're great for negotiations. You're looking for maintenance records. A 160k vehicle with a stack of parts replaced and fluid changes is better than a 100k vehicle with fluid changes kept up. However you get the added bonus of it being higher mileage for a discount.

Anyways, around 125k is when everything starts wearing out.

I'd aim for a Ford e series myself if I was to buy another van. The Safari has been nothing but a constant headache.

If you're aiming for a camping rig get a full size conversion van.

There's plenty of space for all my stuff, however it lacks headroom.

Or you could chop the top and put a pop-up in. That's the ultimate goal with this one if it doesn't rot away.

i wanna convert a ford ranger into a camper and stealth camp in parking garagest in nyc for cheap

In its stock form it seriously lacks ground clearance. Overland vans sells up to 4" lift shackles & keys.

However it does okay for a van. I've pulled quite a few trucks and awd cars out of the snow with it. Front bumper cover sits low so expect to plow through it or crank the torsion bars for ~2" of lift.

Probably the snow tires, but I've gone through more than my friends 4x4s.

Can't say much for muddy terrain. Usually wheel by myself so I avoid it.

Last spring I went out for a weekend camping trip. Little did I know someone tore the trails up with 35s when it warmed up for a bit.

Ended up making it through saddling it and lots of forward momentum.

Usually average 17mpg. When I had the front driveshaft off I was getting 21. If I pull the t-case fuse I get 18-19.
>Transfer case engages every single time you take off from a dead stop

You don't want an Astro. I've replaced nearly everything as everything has worn out.

I still have a list as long as my arm of things that need to be replaced.

I'm only at 146k.

Japan has a really cool van racing scene. Apparently they use old dodge vans almost exclusively

Hello brothers

You in texas?

Yes. But not on here very much. Just wanted to talk vans! A customer told me about Veeky Forums a year ago or so.

because i don't look like this

That's a nice PAV you got there user.
>playground assault vehicle

I want to get a van for music touring. Are there any vans that get decent gas mileage? What makes and years would be the best place to start investigating?

Any mid-late 90's diesel ford.

>Are there any vans that get decent gas mileage
Define decent

Decent for a van. Not expecting miracles.
Thanks, I'll take a look around. I prefer diesel engines anyway so that sounds nice.

Sounds like my kinda girl desu

>tfw no poor white trash girl to do drugs with, go on hikes, drink heavily and die at 35

feels bad man, i'll never be Veeky Forums

17 for a half ton is decent

honestly she sounds like a keeper, then again I am white trash...

>>always wants the absolute cheapest thing.
>seriously implying this is a bad thing

For used vans, diesel Sprinter and Econoline will get the best mileage. Transit is also a good choice if you want a new van.