Should I buy a '77 Datsun 280z with a chebby v8 swap already done?

Should I buy a '77 Datsun 280z with a chebby v8 swap already done?

>no pictures of the car
>no mention of condition
>no mention of price
>no mention of which engine it has

Try harder next time, user.

No. go away

What kid of V8?
LS yes
Shitty old 350SBC no
That is unless you're gonna swap an LS.
Also depends entirely on the price and the quality of work/how extensive the swap was.

pics or gtfo

Yiff in hell

Smd

A aluminum block v8 probably weighs less then the iron block inline 6 that was in it. All I have to say

an l28 fully dressed is about 425lbs.

So it does weigh less ;)

Yeah the l28 weighs less than a 500lb ls v8

>500lb
You might wanna look into that a little more ;)

495lb, sorry not sorry

>A l28t complete is around 475lb. That's with manifolds, turbo, alternator, etc, etc.

>V8 total dressed engine mass (wt.) dry from general motors website: 457.6 lb

Not to mention the L28 makes like 130hp while the LS1 makes 325

He said l28 not l28 turbo

Oh, so in that case, 425lbs and 130hp vs 457lbs and 325hp
Yeah, better go with that L28, can't afford to put on that extra 32lbs
Imagine how much weight you would add to an L28 trying to get it to match the 325hp of an LS1, a lot more than 32lbs I'll tell you that.

If you live in California the answer is no unless you want to get fuccboi-tier friendly with the smog referee.

I guarantee there are more small block swapped Zs in California than the rest of the states combined. If you really want to be on the straight and narrow you have to deal with the vacuum shit and cats anyway, so may as well do it with a 350

I don't think you can have any engine except the stock one in cali.
They have a picture of the stock engine bay when you get a smog and they compare yours to the picture, if anything is different it's an instant fail.

That's not true. Engine swaps are legal in Cali as long as the engine isn't older than the car it's going into and the engine has the original smog equipment in place.

If OP is in Cali, he should look for a 1975 or older since they're exempt from smog regulations. V8 swapped 240Z and 260Z are very common in Cali.

They are using '75 and earlier bodies.

You sure, I was just at the Veeky Forums meet in cali and we got into the topic of engine swaps and everybody there was saying what I just said.

so the 457lbs number for the ls is with an auto, the manual weighs 497lbs.

To add power to a turbo engine really doesn't increase weight to much. In the case of an l28et, you would need an intercooler, additional 20lbs, and different turbo to get to 400 hp(or so).

That being said, the only thing an L series, or RB series, will do for you over a LSx is purity. The LSx will help with weight distribution, and the increase in weight is pretty trivial.

>hmmm I have no idea what I'm talking about but I think I'll just talk out my ass

I guess they're wrong then. A quick google search will confirm it. Engine swaps are legal in CA as long as the requirements are met and it's BAR certified.

faggot I live in Cali and this is in fact the rules.

You CAN swap an engine from another vehicle into yours, as long as it's at least the same model year as your vehicle (or newer), it comes from the same class (I.E. truck engines in trucks, car engines in cars, motorcycle engines in motorcycles, etc), and it has all the stock smog equipment in place that came with that engine.

You swap it, then take it to a BAR station and they verify it. After it's been verified, they will give you a new VIN and badoombadam, you have an engine swapped vehicle that's smog legal

Oh yeah, and fuck you, fucking LS swap heretic, the L-series is fucking dope

>You swap it, then take it to a BAR station and they verify it.
>It is really that easy!
You better have every god damn sensor installed and operating, even in the gas tank. And no codes. Good fucking luck pal.

I never said it's easy chode guzzler, I just said that's how you do it.

Only if you swap an rb20 into it