Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0fvOg13V5mI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Toyota's days of making reliable cars are over

toyota's days of making fast cars never started in the first place

toyota: disposable appliances

Tfw first to vote in the strawpoll

(You)

Yeah I'm actually the user who's in charge of the /hg/ collage. I recently bought a Toyota and figured I might as well make the Toyota General great again.

Thank you user

Here's Lexi after a nice little burnout

no problemo famigo

>miss matching wheels

Heres a Celica All-Trac playing in the snow

>tfw no Celica All-Trac

Not yet. Our dreams will one day come true

How many members is there to have?

>Scion TC being chased by the Florida Police
>Scion TC
youtu.be/0fvOg13V5mI

People come and go, the Honda general has around 80 posters per thread.

How is the IS300? What kind of cost of ownership am I looking at?

Sounds comfy

Are car generals usually comfy?

I recently saw this at the Japanese Classic Car Show in Long Beach, CA this last weekend.

Make generals feel more comfy than specific model generals because no one will feel like an outcast or left out. It also depends if the community is a comfy type. The /hg/ is pretty much my home thread. It's very comfy. Trolls are handled pretty well over there too.

Whats that sexy car back there?

I don't like the current design language of Lexus. It's too wild IMO

Same here but that looks clean af

From that angle it looks simple and complicated at the same time. It's hard to explain.

Unfortunately, I do not remember the red one, which I assume you meant, off the top of my head. I messed up and had a much lower battery life than I thought when I got there so I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted.

I have a few other shots, here is the interior.

Looks cramped but not at the same time. Sporty but comfy. Hmm

I like how the inside looks

To be honest though, I was more excited to check out the MR2s. This year there was only three gen 1s. I own one myself so I love seeing other ones. Pic of one at the show.

Great to hear

Keeping the thread alive. Back with a photo from the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion.

Oh shit thats sex

Looking at a new set of wheels for the barge, any recommendations?

Thanks for taking over for me.
Echo kid here, I made the first Veeky Forums, "why the fuck not edition", as a kind of joke as there were so many general threads. It actually got a good response, but I wasn't a regular comer, and I couldn't keep making them. I got as far as the second thread before stopping. Seeing that people want the Veeky Forums threads still is nice.

Sup guys.

I'm looking for a 2010-2012 Toyota Prius.
I live in Yurop, if that matters.

I had 3 cars in my life up to this point. Accord Type R 1998, Saab 9-3 Aero Turbo 2005 and BMW e46 330ci 2006.

I'm sick and tired of BMW being unreliable, I started to pretty much hate cars and I can't see myself as being a petrolhead anymore. I have this car for 3 years and it's a nightmare I can't wake up from, can't sell this shit either.

So, tl;dr - I want something REALLY reliable to get myself from A to B with decent comfort and as cheap as possible. I mean, I don't even want to think about a car I own - what's wrong now, what is going to be wrong next, etc.

I did my research, so I just want to clarify few questions.

1) Fuel consumption.
6l/100 km - 38 MPG; 8l/100 km - 29 MPG during the winter (meaning heating the car etc.).
Are these numbers realistic (worst case scenario so to say)

2) I've heard about the petrol engine problems in these models - piston rings tend to wear/are quite weak, leading to burning of oil as the car ages (worse than it should be) - can anybody comment on that? I'm not keen on adding few quarts of oil every 1000km...

3) What mileage should I look for? Some people say that if the mileage is low, battery could be bad - because the car wasn't driven enough to maintain a healthy status. On the other hand, excessive wear is bad too. What's a good number for a 2010-2012 car?
80-100k miles?

4) Any other warnings/comments? Should I be prepared for anything? Maintenance? Repairs?

The engines in the Prius, gasoline, I mean, can't be that unreliable, it's the same engine in the Vitz and Yaris. If you still want to keep a little piece of petrolhead with you, look for a gen 1 Vitz/Yaris RS. Toyota reliability, with performance suspension.

better off asking in the /dat/ mate.

anyway, i'd go for the staggeredmk4 supra wheels if they fit, no centre caps.

Wait, I didn't do my research. The '10-'12 Prius had a different engine.
My advice still stands, get an old Yaris/Vitz

I'm quite afraid of old cars by now.

Euro tax or something?

No, it's just that I'm extremely tired of problems that are primarily related to the age of a car.
I don't have much time as I used to, so I can't afford to do repairs myself, plus since I'm a grown boy now, expenses such as rent, insurance and so on really add up.
I want something relatively fresh and problem free, to drive it for 3 years max, then sell&forget about it.

How old will you go?

2009 would be the oldest option.

Yeah get a matrix or yaris

Take landscape photos next time

Those already look good though. Just get something with another machined lip and straight spokes if you know what I mean.

Sorry, did both over the course of shots at the race but these are showing up as far bigger images than I thought my phone would make.

So what name did we settle with?

Veeky Forums like /hg/

where's all muh fellow mid ships at?

This is my 1988 hardtop AW11. PCH was a blast!

clean mang. hardtop master race. what wheels are those?

Enkei 92 15x7. I chose the black ones because I felt those fit better on my car compared to the silver or gold versions.

Anyone could share honest opinion on this car?
It's Celica IV from 1988.
I could get this car for cheap and since I like cars from the 80's then it's another plus for me.

Forgot to mention, I also put Yokohama S. Drives on the wheels and those tires are amazing. Really would recommend them!

The AWD version is pretty cool

1994 Celica with 258,000 miles. Worth messing with for $1250, or move on?

>tfw tg has never heard of me but probably hates me

What do you guys think of the SW20 convertible?

Too many miles

I don't like how it looks

Hello.

S Drives are great, that's what I'm on now.

Please come back

Whose supposed to come back?

The getaway dreamer

>America gets the Toyota GT86 now that Scion is kill
Fuck year

Wat

Figured. I want one but mileage has been an issue on all of them.

lexus es300 aka v6 camry of 2000s

clunking sound coming from rear suspension. PO replaced the struts before selling and they look new. checked the top of struts under seats and tightened them slightly, but it's still clunking over bumps. what do?

>not wanting to be USDM
I bet westaboos in Japan put scion badges on their 86's

Sounds like bushings

>Scion FRS now has a "collectible" tax
>Toyota GT86 has Toyota Reliability tax
shiggy

FRS will have both

View from the top. San Francheeseco

That's a nice view, are you up in the hills?

That's by the VA hospital right?

Also,

>tfw no Chaser Tourer

One day.

Isn't there one user from Cali with one?

Reporting in

Do you think it will really happen? It will be interesting to see what happens to FRSs.

Probably, some of the early Chasers meet the 25 year requirement.

Sometimes I'm convinced I could import a complete Chaser Tourer body, sacrifice a IS300 drivetrain, put Lexus badges on it, and register it as a Lexus GS or something. I wonder how well that'd go down.

Good guess... that is the VA hospital, parking garage top floor.

Not much. They will still be treated like Toyota products by Toyota dealerships, nobody is losing their warranty or whatever.

But in 20 years it will have some collectible potential.
>brand that wasn't alive very long
>few(er) FRS made than BRZ/GT86
It'll be a automotive history footnote

Aww snap you work for VA? What do you do?

Where the hell can I find an AW11 for sale in Australia? literally everything is just SW20's and 3rd gens. Depressed AF now.

Inject vets with LSD for MKULTR-

I'm a doctor, in residency so I rotate between multiple hospitals, not technically a VA employee. AKA no benefits just white collar wageslaving

is that a warm bag of sand

I love the panda look on the AW11. I'm really tempted to paint mine that when I finally get to it. Before that is a lot of upgrades still.

Can the /jp/ guys tell me if there are parts for these still over there?

who /1ZZ/ here?

my Crown got hit and run in a parking lot, cops caught up to the guy, gave me $1k cash. 1 fucking taillight for a dime-a-dozen 25 year old car is minimum $300 used from Tokyo. shit sucks

try www.partsouq.com theyre a parts warehouse in Saudi Arabia that specialize in Japanese parts, ive gotten many hard to find parts for and my 1979 Toyota Supra there

Post pic of damage pls

My 87 hard top. She was abused by the previous owner. Some day I will do her up nice.

*fart sound*

what's the best Corolla model year between roughly '06 and the year before last?

Mine, the one on PCH there, was owned by a Japanese man that worked for Toyota as a mechanic. So overall things were pretty solid. No rust damage, everything ran well, etc. Found out when it came time for me to smog that somehow he was fudging stuff because the catalytic converter on it wasn't for the gen 1 MR2 but the 2nd gen ones. That and he tried to fix a leak in the distributor by sealing it with silicon. After a nice tune up when I was getting the thing smogged its been running better than the day I got it. Now just basic maintenance till I wanna upgrade the suspension, brakes, struts, and what not.

Bruh...
That's sick