If Initial D was made today, what would the characters be driving?

If Initial D was made today, what would the characters be driving?

Tacucki would be driving a mini r53 john cooper works
Everyone would be laughing at it for being a hairdresser car, he would rape them on the touge.
Itsuki would want one and somehow end up buying a mini one instead

I like to think takumi would be driving a fiesta ST, or some other cheap modern hatchback.

Pretty much the exact same things. It exists outside of time.

You need to leave a bit of scope for people to have newer cars though, so it'd have to be an older model

the rotary bros would be driving rwd "purist" sports cars that require constant maintenance, so probably beamers of some kind.

I dunno... we haven't really moved all that far past the cars they were driving due to the popularisation of FWD and such.

I'm guessing we're talking first stage.

Takumi
>GT86
Iketani
>Infiniti G35
Takahashis
>no clue, no "modern" equivelant
Shingo
>Type R Civic
Nakazato
>GT-R

I honestly think it would look very much the same.

I'd like to see one made in Europe tho, with appropriate cars that guys around here race. Old RWD Opels, Volvo 200/700/900's, Quattro Audis, the occascional shitty Merc, BMW's of all sorts

Don't forget Porsches. 924/944s, 911s for the true madmen, maybe a 928.

4 cylinder foxbody mustang

Huh, perhaps you're right. Those might have been the most suited cars for the Takahashis

it would be called Wangan Midnight, with smokey nagata kameo

takumi wouldn't be driving a gt86, that makes almost no sense for bunta to have as a delivery vehicle, a small trunk like that could carry hardly any tofu.

>Takumi
>Driving fwd

Pick one

The 86 holds a lot with the seats down.

The best thing I can come up with for Dogumi is a Corolla S. It's a RWD with an i4 and nearly the exact same hp as the AE86 (~130).

I think a 370Z would make more sense for Iketani. A G35 is more of a luxury car than sport, and it doesn't turn nearly well enough for pass racing (I've driven one for 4 years). If the Maxima wasn't FWD, that'd be a nice comparison for the S13.

In what year was the corolla S ever RWD?

None. All Corollas have only been FWD or AWD since the AE86

>Suzuki Cappucino

Tanner would probably drive a v6 fox body hatchback mustang

Dagumi
>E111 Corolla Levin BZ-R
Bunta
>WRX STI R205 or spec C
Iketani
>350z
Takahashis
>Mazda RX8/ vision concept or Lexus RCF
Mako Sayuki
>Fiat 124 Spider
Shingo
>Mugen RR Civic
Nakazato
>GTR R35

It would be PERFECT

>E111 Corolla Levin BZ-R
>Mugen RR Civic
adding fancy designations & modifiers to their names doesn't make them not shitty fwd econo-boxes

They're still faster than you on the touge :^)

anything is faster than me on the touge, since I've never been there