If you could trade your daily driver for you dream car, would you?

If you could trade your daily driver for you dream car, would you?

Real life mode.
-Has to be your Daily Driver.
-Unwanted Attention
-Repair Cost
-Insurance
-Parking
-Theft

Its easy to say yes, but do you think you could actually pull it off?

in a word, no

>Has to be your Daily Driver

who will force me to?

Take the bus.

No I couldn't afford maintenance/fuel cost of owning a viper

Sure why not, id go bankrupt to keep one running if i had one.

Damn straight. I'd trade my Safari for a Shiro Special.

Or I'll just buy one when I find the right one.

My current dream car is a 240z, it'll probably change in a month but right now that's what I want.

Hell yeah I can manage.

E46 330ci. Meets all the requirements.

I don't have a "dream car", so I'll just pick a car I think would be neat and practical, but hard to get ahold of

>C20XE swapped AE86

Snek doesn't need more maintenance than any normal car.

Does it have to be my absolute dream car? What if I have multiple dream cars? Can I pick a car I sorta want and could afford in upkeep and pass it off as my dream car? Am I allowed to make modifications to make it more affordable in upkeep?

>rotas
>flaming hot doritos

owner confirmed retard

No, by the virtue of I don't want my dream car to be destroyed by the ravages of winter

This thread is the most practical I've ever seen Veeky Forums, what gives?

Also a no for me. Street parking would turn my dreams into nightmares.

Definitely. I really just want a nice r32 gtr. I've been rebuilding my 2 daily drivers for years to save money so repairs don't scare me. The rb26 has a big following around the world so parts aren't a big issue.

>inb4 that nissan scum faggot. Blow it out your ass nigger.

Nope. I don't have to worry about parking or theft. Repair cost is trivial unless we're talking Lamborghini level repairs.

Cadillac CTS-V wagon. Or if it was available in the US the RS 6 Avant. I already own a Volkswagen so it's not like I'm not used to be stiffed on prices.

>trade s10 for honda beat with a k20 swap

yes

Summer might finally be over.

tires probably cost more than user's shitbox

Yeah but my dreamcar is damn near what I'm driving now.

Is it under warranty? Besides that, I would be fine with everything else. Park it in the garage at home. Park in a gated lot at work. Insurance can't be too bad because it's just a Grand Cherokee.

yeah i would
theft wouldn't be an issue
repair cost however
parking outside should be ok it's not a big car

But user, I love her.

I don't see why not. It's not like my dream car is some lamborghini crap. I just want a damn nice Cadillac.

>911 Turbo S
The entire point is to be a DDable supercar so I'm fine.

Same here bro

There's nothing wrong with Rotas

That's actually pretty hard one. At first I thought fuck yes, but when I think about it....eh.

Going to get laughed at, but my daily driver is my first car. It's a 2002 Toyota Avalon with like 90k miles on it; so it's barely used for it's age. I've taken care of her very well and have done the maintenance on it such as the timing belt my self.

So my daily driver, though it's laughable, has some sentimental value to me. Probably the same for the lot of you.

But honestly, my dream car is a Toyota Supra like every other faggot ass millennial. The reliability of a stock Mk 4 Supra and my Avalon are probably not even that big of a difference than say a RX-7 FD I'd imagine.

So, yeah I probably would. Maintenance costs wouldn't be too much of a dramatic increase, insurance I know for a fact is the fucking same with USAA.

Absolutely not
Dream car is an Ariel Atom V8, and everything in the OP would be an issue
Still I'll be damned if the thought of 0-60 in little over 2 seconds doesn't give me a boner, and I do love the barebones kind of look

>driving an evo 9 to university everyday and being stuck in half hour long traffic jams

fuck no

Yes.

Because my dream car is my DD (not one like it, mine) just suped up and refurbished.

>unwanted attention

You lost me at that

>dream car
>Trade a Civic for a Ferrari F40
As much as it pains me, I would say no because people insurance would be insane, people WILL try to steal it, and maintenance would not be cheap

But turning it down a couple notches to a Skyline R32, it would be yes.

I will prepare to die on the highway

>The handling
>HAYABUSA SWAP
>a cute!!! CUTE!!!!!!!!!

Why not sell the Ferrari?

I assumed the OP meant your dream car will be your daily driver until the day I died.
It would be no if that was the case

But if i can sell it, I would do it in a heartbeat, assuming there are people out there willing to buy an F40 for a high price

way to not keep in spirit of the thread,

dick

>thats a skyline
>no it looks like a skyline
>its a skyline because i play gta4
>why didnt you get red?
>im going to tell my dad what you said
>he'll sue you

So I would trade my current 1990 Volvo 244 for a 1993 Volvo 244 Maroon Classic?

fuck yes I would make that trade in an instant

not OP, but I agree w/you.
I have multiple dream cars (probably the most wanted however is the one above).

I could manage.
Rally wheels make my dong diamonds.

If I had my dream car the only time I would exit the vehicle would be to put gas in it

>1960s Ferrari California Spyder GT651
>Frankston Ghetto
No thanks I don't want some drunk bogan smashing that shit up and pissing in the fuel tank

Oh, a girl at my school has one of those.

Yes. I'd have trouble with it being manual and paying for the gas, but it'd be worth it.

'77 Firebird custom build.

What if your daily driver is your dream car?

Can it be my dream car Modified with modern internals?

>tfw dream car 69 Chevelle with a 350 and A/T gets 10-12 mpgs
>tfw commute 100+ miles a day

Yeah. Will be easy to drive an NSX as a dd. I live in the mountains with good income.

>daily driver gets 55mpg.
>daily driving is emtionless
>dream car gets like... 25?
>dream car would always break down
>dream car is still dream car.

I'm considering buying a cayman s right now. Shit is cheap, but it's cheap for a reason

Sure.

>Hellcat powered 240z
>With 2 Turbos and a Supercharger because fuck it
Call it the HadeZ

I want a Datsun 240z, with some kind of engine swap. Either 2jz or ls. (Mostly because they'd be easier since they've been done a ton) I think I could handle it. Insurance prob wouldn't be too bad because old ass car. Attention would be low because "lol he has an old car so it must be shit" I don't park anywhere tight, or where theft is a big issue.

I would. 99 XJ -> 72 Custom Cruiser or 68 Series 75
I have a large enough garage to keep either stored, and parking at my workplace is behind a locked gate.
The only thing would be budgeting for gas, which wouldn't really be much more than the Jeep, assuming I slap a built 4l60 into either

I just want a type R, nothing fancy. I have a normal civic so fuck yeah Ill manage

>trading my 2001 CE 4d Man Lancer for a 2001 subaru impreza sti
i could pull it off but admittedly i have more fun with my rust bucket as it is so no, not trading lancer no.2 for shit, rather just buy the sub later on

Is this a chaser? Just curious

I restore cars for a living

350z for rx7 fd?

yolo

My first choice would probably be a Z432 S30, but this should be a bit easier, save for theft and unwanted attention.
Alternatively the 4-door Sapphire.