/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn if you want to play online.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard. gbatemp.net/threads/413015
-New Decrypt9 release allows to create dumps from installed games. github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

>Wii U
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514
-Loadiine now supports DLC if you own a legit copy of SSB.

>Vita
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-New Maidump release. github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-ePSP exploit discovered, ARK might be ported to 3.60.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HaJVkgwK
mediafire.com/file/gol1kr1c1ztn3xb/DuckHunt.vpk
plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
youtube.com/watch?v=_4nkLoW-0pE
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/
reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/5a4hbi/world_of_final_fantasy_27_dlcs_minus_vo_dlcs_us/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-130-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>making threads before bump limit

Pokemon Sun and Moon are finally available for pre-purchase; the titlekey might be showing up soon
THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE GET THE GAME YET
We'd still need the content lock seed, which usually comes out near or at launch date

I know, I know. It just needs to be done sometimes unfortunately.

Why?

berserk dump when

5 hours

I'm using a 500GB external HD on my wii, but when I formated it, it only has 298GB usable. Is that normal?

better than a retarded op leaving info out

>New PS3 firmware on the day BB central fiction is out

Goddamn it fuck off Sony, why do you even still give a shit about this dead console. I just wanted to play CF online tonight.

So, I've been away from /hbg/ for a while.

I have a N3DSXL with Cakes CFW. What should I do if I wanna install a9LH? Will I lose everything I have installed and all my saves?

Literally follow the plailect guide. No, you will keep everything on your emunand if you follow the guide properly. Just ignore your emunand until the guide prompts you to move it.

Because I'm autistic

>OP left the Wii U redNand guide out in his autistic quest to be OP of the thread
Way to go, faggot.

pastebin.com/HaJVkgwK

Trick or treat /hbg/

Terrible costumes. Leave.

How cute, here you go.

So if I install DLC in rednand to a USB it will work?

Currently these games I installed in rednand are working in sysnand as well from USB.

Here, have a brick. I am not liable for what you do with it.
mediafire.com/file/gol1kr1c1ztn3xb/DuckHunt.vpk

>faggot is unable to read the OP properly
And then you guys wonder why questions answered in the OP are still asked over and over.

fuck off ted cruz

I genuinely wonder how many Vitas this claimed.

You're not getting any Delegates from me, rato.

I'll double check but yeah, I'm following the guide as I did for the first 2 3ds's I've done and when you go from 2.1 to 11.2 it gets about 3/4 done and then errors.

Can I downgrade from 3.61 yet?

You sure can!

Great, what do I have to do to downgrade to 3.60?

I reread the OP.

Welp, looks like I'm a huge faggot.

What's the point of RedNAND on Wii U if there's no homebrew, and piracy is easily achievable without any type of modification/CFW?

The first step to recovery is realizing that you have a problem.

just to have it

answer plz no bully

plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
This is my first time installing a9lh on a n3ds, so far I've followed the guide to the T and made it to installing a9lh. However, when using SafeA9LHInstaller, it says there is no OTP file located, and it was right. I can't seem to find the step that details how you're supposed to get the OTP off the N3ds.

I don't know whats going on, please send help

What else should I put on my 3DS besides freeshop?

hey, I'm trying to do basehaxx here. it requires that i change my secret base's team name. i go to "Edit secret team settings" and the description even says I can edit my team's name. but when i go to that menu, there is no such option to rename my team. what's the deal?

>implying that wasn't edited in just now

you buy another vita duh

you follow the guide wrongly.
the n3ds does not need OTP.
only the o3ds.

cia, save manager, luma updater.
thats about it.
pro tip on luma updater. dont use the hourly build when updating use the stable branch.

>trusting the new method

and an ftp manager so avoid removing sd card for backing up saves

newfag here, 11.0.0-33U 3DS firmware, can I become pirate

I've done the new method on two devices and it took me half an hour, each.

>trusting the only method in the guide for n3ds

Sure, it's quick. Quick as a brick.

i literally did the guide on my n3dsxl two days ago and everything went right.
the only problem i encountered was a partial downgrade which downgrading again fixed.

>can I become pirate
You can. in 5 hours
Get homebrew, run ctr-httpwn and get fieldrunners from the eshop. There's a dsi installer that got released, so just wait for a k11 exploit that'll allow you to downgrade.

on december 27th if you dont update your system.

oh, I missed the step about the New 3DS SafeA9LHInstaller, whoops. Here's hoping I copied the right files.

You can hover the "EDITED" thing to see when it was edited

I'd delete and redownload the correct safea9lhinstaller desu.
You can never be too careful user.

not normal
format again on your PC as fat32 and make sure you see all available space (~465 gigs) then try formatting it on the wiiu again

Yup the Moon titlekey is up

So guys... just point and laugh at this point, I bricked it.

I'm pretty sure it's over for me, even though I have a back-up copy of the NAND.

I'll give it a shot, thanks

How did you brick it? wut.

happy halloween user

>We'd still need the content lock seed

yes

because... dlc and eshit games? i dunno. no reason yet, especially with no coldboot.

... what the fuck did you even do?

is there a way to download individual n3ds dlc themes on the freeshop?
i really cant deal with having to delete 150+ skins

So, here's what I think I did wrong. I copied the contents from the newest SafeA9LHInstaller from the zip to the root of the SD card, this zip has its own copy of arm9loaderhax. Later in the guide it mentions to copy the arm9loaderhax from Luma and replace it no matter what.

I launched the App from the homebrew channel, it successfully launched, started working then immediately when to a blank screen. Maybe the luma version of arm9loaderhax doesn't work with the updated SafeA9LHInstaller.

Got a guide for that, buddy?

rebug.me wait time

youtube.com/watch?v=_4nkLoW-0pE

If that doesn't work, you can send your 3ds into someone with a copy of the nand and they'll unbrick it for you. For a fee.

This guide would be useful if a9lh successfully installed, but it did not, thanks though.

for all you know it installed successfully and you just dont have the right files on your sd card.
no harm in trying.

What's a good FTP Manager for the 3DS? Can you point me to a guide please?

Don't blame the guide for your retardness.

So what's the point of the CFW on Wii U? Like we could already play games on either Loadiine or the Brazilian method, what's the pros of getting the CFW? The Emunand?

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

when is loadiine getting usb support, I still got all these loadiine files, and don't wanna bother redownloading everything until freeshopU is made

>retardness
Well I guess it takes one to know one, user. Anyway, I wasn't blaming the guide, I gave the guide a shot and Decrypt just wasn't launching. His SD setup looks different than mine anyway, it's a few months old as well.

POKEMON SUN/MOON CIA WHEN AHHHH

>More WoFF dlc discovered
>Can't get into PSPISO
>pass reset emails never found
Anyone mind reuploading those file to somewhere else?

I got my review copy just now so check 3dsiso in 5 hours. i'll be uploading it then

dump the game

be a hero

How to uninstall DLC from my Vita? Can I just delete the folders from /app/etc. ?

>playing pokemon
>when superior corpse party is out

Hey guys, I got a 11.1 3ds and am waiting for the slowhax release in december, but I have a few questions

1.I can still buy and play Pokemon Sun in my 3ds without updating by using httpwn right?
2.Will I still be able to use the online functions of the game (battling/trading) by using httpwn?

anyone know where i can find updates and dlc for shovelknight(EUR)? they dont seem to be on the freeshop

This?

reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/5a4hbi/world_of_final_fantasy_27_dlcs_minus_vo_dlcs_us/

we dont know.
the cart might carry the update and require you to update.

"is it"

It's been out for 20 years.

>3dsiso
Fuck off

Fucking Ted. God damn.

Is this the current best way to play GBA games on 3ds? gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/

fuck off already

How I wish this was real. I've been so stressed lately I'm just dying to go under my covers with a new pokemon game

What about the eshop version, could it have the same problem?

10 minutes until yifan delivers

delivers what

yes then reinstall your game, move files from app folder to mai folder, delete icon on live area, install

remember to backup/restore your save file

dunno

Fuck off.

the goods

3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-130-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html

get these

no

Yes.

shit u u shit