Corner fast in FWD

>Corner fast in FWD
>Can always feel the understeer nudge me closer to death
Are there tires or techniques I can use to decrease the effect?

I'm going to incur the wrath of many asshurt Honda drivers, but your best bet is just to buy a RWD car.

Try some better sway bars.

step off the gas

Fwd are great best way to counter street in a Fwd is to hit the gas and it will pull you through, now that being said every cars suspension had it's limit don't expect shit in a stock Honda, you will pull through with your ass end pulling side ways.

>understeer
>not more desirable than snap oversteer

Ef civic here. Getting the car to oversteer is the key to balancing understeer

I forgot to mention you need power to pull it off so doing a downshift acceleration will pull you better then just mashing the gas.

Trail braking and left foot braking

Oh god fuck off with that snap oversteer shit. It's called being a bad driver or... a Honda driver.

Better shocks/springs, better tires, and a better line

This. Get a giant rear sway bar. Slightly softer front sway bar. Some good coilovers, new tires. This will help you a lot. Everything else just takes skill though.

Left foot braking.
By nudging the centre of mass towards the front, the car will oversteer to a mild extent.

I noticed a lot of the applied techniques being said are for rwd style, while they do apply to fwd a fwd strength in a race is its ability to not hit the brake to pull a corner but yes suspension upgrades is a great way to improve overall driveability without improving technique

My car has independent double wishbone in the front, independent multi-link in the back. Wouldn't this make big sway bars counter-intuitive, or am I misunderstanding?

It's more likely I'm a shit driver than anything else.

Ahaha you need to look up what a sway bar is and what it does, it may actually help you understand your situation

Is it a maxima?

Engineering Explained it is, then.

3.2TL-S

Shingo take your duct tape with you

This may help

>3.2 TL-S
Aight you aren't hopeless then. Get a giant rear sway bar at least 24mm, end-links beefy enough to handle it, smaller but still bigger than stock front sway bar. New shocks, struts, coilover struts whatever you fuck you have. Plus new tires. If you are really serious about it you can remove your seats and interior, basically any extra weight, and get light weight wheels.

having owned and driven awd fwd and rwd (posi and non)

nothing will lessen that feel other than familiarity with the coarse and not going so fast

>coarse

You should learn how to trial brake properly before you go spending money on parts that might make your car worse.
Also, nice quints

dabs

>Civic owner
>No idea what the fuck he's talking about in regards to physics and drivetrain
why am I not surprised

I agree. My past cars have been G35 coupe, Miata, and now a Civic Si. All had tons of work done to them. The Si can definitely compete in terms of handling. It's not quite as good as the Miata in the twisties, but it's a great deal better than the G35 was. It understeers less, and pulls through turns easier.

>my car is understeering the shit out of itself
>probably gonna crash if I don't ease of the throttle
>eh, better try to pull an oversteer to neutralise
Why can't hondafags drive?

I'll look into replacing my shocks first since I'm sitting on factory from 13 years ago. Thanks for the tips.

Thanks, forgot what braking actually does.
Also, nice dubs.

>DIESEL FIAT

Yeah you put your foot on the brake pedal to put more load on the front end there's no secret technique that stops understeer also probably why so many fags are crashing right now like that s2000 and mazda they don't know how to control the car

Lol yeah dude, when you're understeering off the road you just want to fishtail your car into a snap oversteer, and then counter steer throttle through the turn. DUH!

Using the brake?
Better tires?

That would help. I'm telling you though, the single mod that will make the biggest impact is a beefy rear sway bar.

Fucking checked

>pull an oversteer

What

Use the e-brake. It helps the rear end squat down and takes some of the force off the front wheels.

>not getting the car to rotate into a corner
>thinks hes even close to the limit

My other car is 300whp rwd

that has a lot to do with weight distrobution as well as overall weight

lol nobody replied to this, better luck next time family

Step off the gas.

this
>better sway bars
>change suspension dampening/ springs
>change tire air PSI

Wider tires up front.

Slow in, fast out, if it's bad play with maybe a slightly softer front sway bar or slightly stiffer rear swag bar

seriously don't do this unless you modify the suspension unless you know how to modify the suspension and wheel alignment settings

dangerous