Corporate Serfdom

What does Veeky Forums know about corporate serfdom? Do you think that 21st century free market capitalism is globalist hegemony?

commondreams.org/views/2010/10/30/road-corporate-serfdom

hawaiianlibertarian.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-american-dream-21st-century-serfdom.html

opednews.com/articles/Corporate-America-s-Lords-by-michael-payne-100926-628.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild#Medieval_guild
boundless.com/sociology/textbooks/boundless-sociology-textbook/stratification-inequality-and-social-class-in-the-u-s-9/the-class-structure-in-the-u-s-75/class-structure-in-the-u-s-442-10206/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_middle_class
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't see how multinationals are necessarily subject to banks. Often they have their own monetary infrastructure.

I'd put them all the way on top, because banks suck their cock.

instead of corporate elite you can write leveraged corporations' elite.

So you think that the general idea is coherent? I have entertained the idea that feudalism never abandoned, but only adapted.

Feudalism concluded with the rise of skilled craftsman. Would it make sense for the monarchs to limit the creative potential and value of serfs or to adapt the system to allow for serfs to produce more valuable goods and services?

>Feudalism
>East India Co.
>merchants above "vassals"
>landed nobles aren't "vassals"
>bankers above CEOs or top-level government officials
Nigga what the fuck are you talking about

East India Co. was founded in 1588, less than 100 years after the official end of feudalism.

The picture does not even claim that landed nobles are vassals.

Let's not quibble about the intricacies of the hierarchy, rather the plausibility of the concept.

>East India Co. was founded in 1588, less than 100 years after the official end of feudalism.
Founded in 1600, actually, long after the decline of feudalism and a mere 60 years before it was dissolved.

>The picture does not even claim that landed nobles are vassals.
No, instead it implies that they are NOT vassals. That's the problem.
It looks like somebody took something approximating the hierarchy of Renaissance/Enlightenment era England and labeled it "Medieval Feudalism" to make it look bad.

>the concept.
What concept? The hierarchy on the right doesn't actually resemble the hierarchy on the left.

My mistake, you are correct about the dates of feudalism.

After further studying the diagram, I agree that it is shit.

However, did you read any of the articles? They are very different from the picture, although I needed a relevant picture.

>Feudalism concluded with the rise of skilled craftsman

not really. there used to be tradesguilds, one level between pleb and gentry.

it wouldn't make sense on a national level, but it would make sense on a local level.

the only difference between back then and now is that pedigree doesn't matter much anymore.

I opened the second one and it says that Americans are enslaved by fractional reserve banking.
So then I closed it.

The hierarchy of modern America does not resemble the hierarchy of medieval feudalism in any way except that it is a hierarchy. But there has never in the history of mankind been a society larger than 1000 individuals without a hierarchy.

Wikipedia claims that medieval trade guilds arose in the 14th century, near the decline of feudalism. I made a quick attempt to find other sources with a more concise timeline, but did not find any.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild#Medieval_guild

Pretty sure we still live under a pseudo feudal arrangement in the west but there are many opportunities for the base to break free through technology or innovation. I think slavery is more common than ever but just arranged through the economic machine. The slave is free to find a new slave master, the slave masters have a large pool of slaves to choose from. The rich get richer through usury and interest, not much has really changed in the grand scheme there are just far more people now obscuring the general arrangement. The economic slave also has many masters now, his corporate Lord, his governmental Lord, perhaps his landLord, the police Lords...pretty grim really.

>I don't know what slavery or what feudalism means
Thank you for your input.

This is very similar to the situation that I was considering, the lower class is kept down by career glass ceilings, lack of early childhood education and postsecondary education, and nutrient deficiencies caused by poor dietary options.

I really don't want to believe this is the nature of the world, but I keep learning more and more about politics and power. I don't want to have a confirmation bias.

PLEASE, SOMEONE TRY TO REFUTE THE CORE IDEA.

Well I think outright physical slavery has simply been exchanged for economic slavery, perhaps what needed to happen to avoid slave revolts, tricking the slave into thinking they are free and they are in many respects but not in others. Also who knows about the days of feudalism? The Vatican archives perhaps has detailed manifestos, maybe some slaves really loved their Lords and lived happy lives, maybe many did not. The obscurity problem is deeper, if the slave not knows whom to revolt against they are dead in the water and I think this is the primary source of futility in the working class today, they don't have one King to hate anymore. When some obscure group protests against some obscure meeting of internationalists at some obscure meeting place, and the cops beat the protesters down, what does it all mean in the end? Too many people, too many problems.

>poor dietary options
Wew, this is one aspect of life even in the lower classes that is mostly self inflicted, we have never had better nutrition of medical knowledge and yet the base ape seems ill today. Healthy body healthy mind, this is a huge concern when you look at the huddled masses, obesity and general lack of activity. At least back in the day most people were out in the field but their nutritional requirements were probably lacking, a hard life. In some ways we've never had it easier. For example shitposting on a Mongolian image board all day, I can deal with that but probably not a very healthy lifestyle.

I don't think that there is anything inherently wrong with the core idea that there is one who controls the money but needs people to use the money. Moreover, the system we have now is better, since it is far easier to move upwards, you might not in your life even make it to Top Professionals but you can ensure that your children get almost anywhere on the ladder just by being responsible.

You find nothing wrong with such extreme wealth inequality? Nepotism? Multimillion dollar inheritances? Driving down the value of American labor? Environmental externalities? The fact that there are enormously wealthy and powerful men in the world that control your access to resources?

It gets even weirder when you think about the technological gap between the extremely wealthy and the average person. Imagine what advanced technologies these people wield. Are you familiar with programmatic stock trading facilitated by fiber optic cables and supercomputers? These computers make hundreds of trades every second earning penny margins because fiber optic telecommunication allows them to send their trade signals to the market faster than anyone else.

>pedigree doesn't matter much anymore.
this. Many people in the "1%" are just extremely smart and proactive people. Corporations will hire anyone who will produce profit for them.

>Implying descendants of the economic elite do not have the best education and the resources and social connections to be proactive.

> corporate elite, 0.35% of the population

Shocked to learn that there are 1,120,000 corporate elites in the US alone

Whoever made this doesn't seem to understand how pyramids work...

0.35% above two different-sized layers of 0.2%?

Fucking brainlets, when will they learn?

Of course I don't find anything wrong with it. One of their ancestors once took the initiative, thought for a second or two, did something, passed down this tradition and a few decades later, you have a descendant who think for a minute. It is the fault of me and my ancestors that we don't wield such power, however, I can try to get my descendants to have have that power.

What a retarded picture. There is no way this data actually comes from the BLS.
The professional class in America is much higher than 0.75%, it's more like 15 - 20% depending on who you ask.

Source: boundless.com/sociology/textbooks/boundless-sociology-textbook/stratification-inequality-and-social-class-in-the-u-s-9/the-class-structure-in-the-u-s-75/class-structure-in-the-u-s-442-10206/ or en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_middle_class