What is Veeky Forums's thoughts on the c3 impact wrench?

What is Veeky Forums's thoughts on the c3 impact wrench?

I'm a poorfag but need an impact wrench desperately. What are your thoughts on it? It's $80

Other urls found in this thread:

lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-8-Amp-1-2-in-Corded-Impact-Wrench/3307992
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I literally threw mine away.
If you need an impact then that's likely not going to do what you want.

Go to harbor freight and buy an air ratchet and then go to your local hardware store or home depot and rent a compressor. Shit will cost you like>40 bucks.
>Source, I used to work equipment rental

This is what I'm getting.

lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-8-Amp-1-2-in-Corded-Impact-Wrench/3307992

Proper tests put it over 500ftlbs, Which is more then enough for any job I'd have on my car.

I have the 3/8 drive c3 that op posted. Does exactly what i need. Dont expect it to have enough torque for bigger things. It speeds up simple assembly and disassembly for medium sized jobs.

I have a harbor frieght corded electric impact gun. It works well for everything except the crank bolt on my Integra. Had to get out the breaker bar and cheater pipe for that one. Id be leary of getting a torque gun that ran on batteries but I haven't had much luck with battery tools over the yeats so maybe thats just me.

I've got the big and little Milwaukee half inch cordless and the big ones more powerful than my IR pneumatic.
A lot of mechanic friends of mine have the crapon cordless which I personally think suck.

A good impact starts around $200. Dont waste your money on anything less.

3 years ago or so I bought an EOL DeWalt impact kit for $200. It was almost 50% off.
Just this summer I bought 2x 18V DeWalt batteries, and a drill from some crackhead for $75 off craiglist. Shit was BRAND new, never used.

So I would recommend you pick a brand, and stick to it. Find the shit cheap on Craigslist.

btw, DeWalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi, and some other company are all made by one brand. DeWalt, and Milwaukee are considered high up versions of the same tools.
Or maybe not DeWalt, I cant remember. They do have a 60, and 120V battery systems now. shit is insane.
The old 18V, and 20V stuff is super cheap right now on ebay and craigslist.

Of course it was brand new, he had just stolen it from Home Depot.
Go into pawn shops and you'll see the same thing.
High end powertool theft from hardware stores is extremely easy and common. Don't buy tools or gift cards off craigslist or from pawn shops. You're encouraging theft.

It was out of box, and one drill bit was used.

I dont see how anyone can steal these from a hardware store. They are either locked up, or big ass boxes.

serves them right trying to charge $120 for a single battery when the same thing is over half off on Amazon.

Since I'm a NEET with rich parents, I spent last summer restoring an fb rx7.

The bolts holding the lower control arm to the steering knuckle were thoroughly rusted, as were many others, like all of the watts link bolts. We have one of the DeWalt electric impact drivers, and it could only handle the less rusted stuff.

If you have Veeky Forums level rusted shit, electric impacts are meme machines

Large breaker bar to crack it, then impact the rest of the way. Soaking in penetrating oil for as long as you can is also key.

On that note, I have a DeWalt 20v brushless impact the DCF886 that my gf got me last Christmas. It is absolutely key for pretty much anything but lugs and large suspension nuts and bolts; for those I use my aforementioned method.

I go to the junkyard pretty regularly and having cordless power tools are key. The amount of time and effort it saves is worth it many times over.

I also have the DeWalt 1/2 hammer drill and Milwaukee 18v Sawzall. The drill I got for $77 from eBay brand new. You can find deals on the bare tools, you just need to get yourself into the batteries and charger.

Next in my sights is a 1/2" impact and the Milwaukee 3/8" 90* impact.

Depends on what you are doing with it. I have one, and it has done everything i asked of it.

i have one and i can say that it has removed all the bolts i needed removed

Why rent a compressor when you can just buy one?

Even in the shit areas of town the power tools aren't locked up.
You can literally walk into your local homedepot, pick up a $400 impact and drill set, and walk out the front door. All they'll do is call the police. They won't even say a word to you. I've seen it happen a few times in person. Cashiers say it happens all the time.

I have one, I've had it for about a year. I like it. It's great for when I go to the junkyard, compact enough to always keep in my trunk, breaks loose brake caliper bolts, suspension bolts, engine mounts, etc easily. Obviously not designed for breaking crank bolts loose and shit so don't buy one if you think that's what you're going to do.

Forgot to say, I have the 1/2" drive one.

Most good ones cost a decent amount, but you can get an alright 10 gallon for like 180. Or look used

Still that's a lot more than just buying the electric crapstman impact, but having shop air is a game changer.

The Ryobi P260 is the same exact impact wrench but the batteries are cheaper.

TTI makes both.

>people ITT whinging about a low end cordless impact not being a 500ft-lb powerhouse like their pneumatics or an industrial grade nutcruncher like their $400 cordless impacts
Do you people not think before you type? There is a good market for a sub-$100 cordless impact and it's not professional mechanics, it's shadetree guys who don't need the tool often enough to justify spending $400 on it and situations where air is not convenient.