Meet the Barnacle, it adheres to the windshield using two pump-activated commercial grade suction cups...

Meet the Barnacle, it adheres to the windshield using two pump-activated commercial grade suction cups. Should the drivers try removing the Barnacle , a built-in alarm will sound. Once they've paid their fine , drivers will be given a numerical release code, for the Barnacle on their car. They then have 24 hours in which to return it to a drop-off location.

>-It's very simple to remove them--You simply heat the glass behind the suction cups and the pressure increase will allow you to slide them off.
>-Or just slide a small wire between the seal and wind shield, which will break the seal and release the suction
>- I think someone will find a way to use a Slim Jim or something to work under the suction cup and pop it off.
>-Remember Ace Ventura Pet Detective. (just roll down the driver side window and drive to your garage that way)

Windshield-blocking device may give the boot to wheel boots
youtube.com/watch?v=iyOW5p_8tJY
youtube.com/watch?v=3_OdXF1cDfc
youtube.com/watch?v=7q1yiwwKUkg
>How about buying your own boot, put it on your car when you park so they'll think you'll already tagged?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HDrKX9q24Ic
youtube.com/watch?v=3zKwB-I--QU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A couple cents worth of dental floss would remove that.

you forgot this picture op

“It has a tamper and movement alarm that goes off if somebody’s messing with the device, or if they try to move the vehicle,” Dougherty says. “And it’s also GPS-enabled.”

What would happen if someone did try to circumvent the suction cups and remove it — would it crack the windshield?

“You’d need to be standing on the hood of your car to try it,” Dougherty says. “You’d be likely to remove the Barnacle and the windshield at the same time.”

>"You’d be likely to remove the Barnacle and the windshield at the same time.”
windscreens £20 a pop from the scrappy m8

In what country is this sort of kikery a thing? I've never even seen wheel boots in Australia, and the thought that someone would get away with popping these things on windshields just seems absurd. A passer-by would knock the cunt doing it out.

Teardown of this when?

Even better, you can't remove a wheel with a boot on it. You can pull a windshield though, and still drive with it - can't drive without a wheel unless you have a spare, which a lot of cars don't have nowadays

> Put a barnacle on my own windscreen
> Can't put another on can ya

Looks like NYC from the tags. Wondering why they're demoing it on a DoD car though...

>yfw external sunscreens

Fuck this leaf want's to move to Aus now, massive KEK

>How about buying your own boot, put it on your car when you park so they'll think you'll already tagged?

Or you could be even more clever and efficient by not parking like a shithead.

Or maybe they could not charge to park on a public road

you can remove a wheel with a boot on, it just depends how much else of the suspenion you're willing to remove aswell

I think paying a few dollars is a lot smarter than trying to scam your way out of a ticket.

Within reason. A minute late? You're done, mate.

Over here the ticketing scum is kept on a quota and if they don't meet the minimums they get the boot. I've seen them trying to write cunts up as soon as they park. It's that job for deadbeats that couldn't hack police academy.

You can see the super duper , suction cups in this Pic

>MUH SUBSIDIZED PARKING

65 to 100 USD per ticket plus and "court fees" and "administrative fees"

That guy looks like such a hipster smug indie startup fuck. I want to punch him for that alone.

If it's just one on each side
> Break out cordless drill
> Drill into the center of the suction cup
> Dump it on the footpath

Assuming it has no sensors for detecting if vacuum is lost

I have a destinct impression that there's going to be some issues with the thing not releasing after the codes been put in thus jewing the owner again.

Also, here is the code to unlock it.
>64 character alpha-numeric good only once.

What are they going to do?
Come and tell you off for removing shit from your car?

>>make friends with a couple of scary looking black people
>>call them up when you get barnacle'd
>>have them stand around while you calmly drill/pry screeching device off your windshield.
>>"Sir your vehicle has been ticketed you cant-"
>>"AYO HOL UP U MESSIN WIF US SON IMMA FUCK YOU PUSSY ASS CRACKA ASS UP YO ASS GON BE ON CNN CAUSIN A RIOT HERE RACISS MOTHAFUCKA-"
>>cops already on orders to ignore nigcrimes as much as possible
>>meter maids won't do shit
>> bucket of KFC a week is cheaper than parking ticket.

Sound the tampering alarm. In NYC, a police officer will be within earshot 99% of the time.

>Charge you to replace the unit
>Charge you criminally for damaging state/city property

Remove it under this.
Faraday cage shielding red copper mesh

Is this how it works in New York?

>"Hey, you can't take that thing off your car because it's our property. You have to pay us to."

Is this enforceable? Is it done by the State or by some contractor?

Easy I'll just peel one of my window tear offs off my car

if it has any electronics, wouldnt some kind of magnet or electromagnet ruin it?

>pass electromagnet over the thing
>fry the alarm
>pry it off

hell, if you;re lucky, and it can fry, that also might just deactivate the vaccum

wheel boots are a thing, i saw one cunt getting done yesterday

they do it after unpaid revenue raising fines.

problem solved (unless it has a tilt sensor in it as well)

They used to use stickers with industrial grade glue, would ruin glass permanently. This is their "alternative"

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N

Glue on a windshield that can't be removed with a razor? Hmm

That's genius. Just put a laminate on the windshield that can be peeled off.

Or WD40 on your windshield...

>Philly Native Develops Windshield-Sized Parking Ticket.jpg
>every car in the images has been a New York car

PA can't handle the bantz.

what happens in civilized nation

>get parking ticket
>days pass, no more parking tickets because already a parking ticket under wiperblade
>a fortnight passes, get small yellow "car abandon" sticker on windshield
>another week until its towed

Whoever invented this needs dragged outside and beaten savagely.

I think he meant for paid parking, user

Meet Holgen, my middle son. Holgen is what we in the Medical community call a Septic Demon. hes just a fucking menace and hes giving me heartburn and other ailments such as LOUD FITS OF SCREAMING and that feeling you get when you guess your answer on a multiple choice test and the teacher sees you do it and laughs at you, then you ask them "excuse me is this the wrong answer" and they just say "dunno haha" and contunue laughing at you.

Holgen will be brought low by my 2013 Ford Musclejock (friendly fire edition). he may be extremely fast and agile but has weak bones and will easily be killed if i suprise him with a running start. you have to understand with what im dealing with MY SON IS A LITERAL DEVIL he is the son of darkness and this is my only chance of redemption

by the way each time you post shit like this you fuel his power and bloodlust so please do me a favor and stop posting for, lets say a few days thanks for reading

Right, I heard copper mesh is soundproof!

>Philly Native Develops Windshield-Sized Parking Ticket
From Philly, now lives in NYC?
@.39
youtube.com/watch?v=HDrKX9q24Ic

Naw just any signals...

Or you could ignore this post, If you have no interest it...

you... ok you dont get it, every post you make POWERS MY SON. he grows in strength and you enable him, you will be the indirect death of me and my family of litecoin miners employed by a 13 year old Saudi boy with a 300k bank account in his name

do you have well, how do i relate to a laymen like youself, a fucking good soul or perhaps any understanding of the samurai code or perhaps youre just a gunk kin yourself with no ties to the good shit

>Remove from car
>Toss over bridge into river
>MFW

>MFW I have a parking """""Ticket""""" from a private company on private property from 5 months ago that I haven't paid
>Mfw continue to park on said private property and they haven't towed me yet

I can outjew the jews.

Fuck me m8 that's a conundrum.

Have you even considered leaving him in the middle of a BLM race riot to see what damage he might cause?

???

Wut Wut Wut?

Where is your god now?

Couldn't you just puncture the suction cups and be on your way?

What am I not getting about this? It seems like it would not be difficult at all to remove

>mfw one day they'll get you towed and you'll come crawling to Veeky Forums to whine about it like the little cunt you are

We are onto something here.

>get in car
>feet on window
>push window out of car
>?????
>drive home

Pretty sure private companies can't legally have you towed

Why wouldn't they?

I'll kick the windshield out of my 500$ shitbox and throw the barnacle in the water where they belong

They can't call a tow truck company to come take your car away?

Or you could just not park on the roadside, obstructing traffic.

Because they have no authority to? They can cite you for 'breach of contract' but they can't fine you, only pester you and attempt to make you pay on your own will. Private companies have no authority to enforce fines of any kind, clamp you or tow you.

Realistically the most they could do legally speaking is start some sort of civil dispute, since parking outside the agreed upon time would be a tortuous trespass.

This is _legally_ speaking. IRL, some companies will have you towed and then the tow company will pretty much extort you for money. The cops don't do shit about it

why don't you guys just park legally?

youtube.com/watch?v=3zKwB-I--QU

Good luck sticking that on a motorcycle.

Well you won't even be ticketed in the first place. Motorcycles can park pretty much anywhere, and usually for free. One of the many great things about being on two wheels

is this real? i almost thought it was satire. i'd rather go out and buy a $25 power drill than pay their stupid fine. they even conveniently outlined the square in which to drill through.

Well the fine is associated with your plates and thus the owner of the car so you'll pay for the fine one way or another

so what the fuck are they going to do if i drill through the center of the 2 suction cups and throw it in a lake in the middle of the night?
>track me down?
>show up at my house and arrest me?
>prove i was in the middle of bumfuck nowhere removing that stupid yellow bullshit?
try harder faggots, if you want me to pay a fine you have to work for it

>this entire thread
>living in a major city
why would you?
fucking normie scum.
i have never even seen a car with a boot on it...

Tfw just lightly sand windshield so no stick

This to be honest, i have like 13 unpaid fines.
it is only a problem if i do actually get arrested.

>install that clear "paint guard" film on your windshield
>if you find one of these things on your car, peel off the film and the device comes off with it

>Stick a powerful fucking magnet on it
>????
>Start prying it off with a knife/squeegee/whatever the fuck else

if you're premeditating getting around this, may as well just put a clear tint on the exterior side and peel it off when the time comes

I was just funposting but thats a better idea. Glad i don't live in a city though

They're the polar opposite where I live
I parked in a 2 hour spot but lost track of time quite badly and got a ticket
I was in that spot for almost 8 hours but the ticket said I had overstayed by 2 hours, and it said the time I had parked there was an hour and a half after I actually parked there

I came here just to post this.

>return it to a drop off location
Nah, im gluing it on someone else's windshield

>/pol/, the car

>smash keypad after it's off
>attach it to the makers car

A month ago I pulled into a handicap spot, but the nigger to the left was too close for em to park square in the middle and comfortably get out. So I parked just enough to get out of my car comfortably, but I was on a yellow line.

Came out from dinner, and my car had a boot on it.

One on each body panel and window, and some to disable door access.

>Car has ultra light windscreen
>with massive curve in it
>They try to put this on
>windshield shatters
>all on dashcam
>I now own their lives because a new glass is like $1200

>park illegally in area you shouldn't park
>make it so you can't leave

Kick out my windscreen.
fuck that nazi crap

> the movies
> real life
Pick one

can't wait for the worker to fuck up and drop it on someone's hood denting/scratching the shit out of it.

also how does this work in the winter with ice buildup? are they gonna scrape my windshield clean for me?

What are the dimensions? It might be too large for my car's windshield. The suction cup might not be able to sit all the way on the glass due to the large plastic square attached.

Just wondering, on the off chance this bullshit ends up where I live and I happen to get into trouble with parking enforcement.

>Get fined even more for destruction of public property, on top of repair/replacement costs because they've already matched the serial number to your VIN/licence plate

>and throw the barnacle in the water where they belong

>A couple cents worth of dental floss would remove that.

It is illegal to interfere with a law enforcement device. I believe this law is standard in all USA municipalities.

Additional fines or jail sentence are be imposed if you damage or remove a boot. So those laws should apply to a Barnacle as well.

>Pretty sure private companies can't legally have you towed
Your knowledge is very old. They can legally tow if they have a sign up saying you can be towed. All cities copycatted the first few cities that had such laws survive legal challenge where a private property owner can have a private tow company tow a car without a police officer present. This is why you have tow signs in all the usa cities saying improperly parked cars (as determined by the property owner) can be towed at the car owner's expense.