/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

>Civilization resources
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html - Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE)
civfanatics.com/ - CivFanatics Database and Forums (all games)
civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki - Wiki of all Civ games
dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/ - CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V)
dropshock0.com/civ/ - Civ V roulette
georgeskleres.com/civ5/ - Civ V drafter
multiplayerrobot.com - Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot, lets you play Civ V's hot seat mode like an e-mail game
play.freeciv.org - Free Civ

>Civilization modding
modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page - Wiki for Civ modding
steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930 - Civ V mod database in workshop (requires legit version)
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393 - Civ V mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur - Yet another list of recommended Civ V mods

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements - Essential improvements for the game
mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri - Official short stories

>Stellaris resources - 4x game developed by paradox development studios
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris - Steam group
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg - Mod archive
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh - Mod recommendations

>Endless Legend resources:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467 - Manual
endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki - Wiki 1
endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki - Wiki 2

>some /civ4xg/ Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

civdata.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone here play Civ like they're NTR? I setup a game with only 3 civs: myself, Gilgamesh, and Cleo. I build up my capital a little bit and then setup an auto-hotkey script to click next turn endlessly. I then leave my room and sit outside it for a few hours while the game plays. If I come back into the room and the game is still going I mumble a few apologies and excuse myself again. I've thought about knocking on the door before I enter but I don't want the noise to potentially disturb them. A few times my mom has asked why I sit outside the door of my room and I tell her each time "It's my new meta" (she has no idea what that means).

Civ6 mod where district roofs correspond with nation's color instead of their resources' color when

I am fond of new threads

Post yfw Civ VI will never get an AI update.

I'm serious.

There were CIVBE mods that changed the color of your units according to the nation you were playing as.

Surely someone can recolor the district models to that they are less disparate?

i like building wonders
so i guess deity isn't for me

It's all about multiplayer these days lad, nothing wrong wwwwww

GINA

I'd rather then having different models. Also, that ew nneighborhoods you build have a distinct architecture that matches the era when you build then.

But the multi is broken ;_;

Tachyon Lances are too fucking weak now. Being limited to one XL makes Battleships too weak

why does this game feel shallow ;_;

>not using kinetic artillery

>huge continents
>3 civ caps within 10 tiles of my cap everytime

?????

I am fond of Cleo.

Why is /4xg/ ded

Did people lose their wifi

is 4xg really that more dead than usual?

Yes

I'm too busy playing Distant Worlds to funpost about wifi pigs on everest

HELLO I COULDN'T HELP BUT NOTICE YOU HAVEN'T GOT MANY BOATS

MAYBE YOU SHOULD BUILD MORE BOATS

DO YOU LIKE BOATS?

people are probably playing civ rather than posting

I've got tanks, Harald. They are kinda like boats, but they move on land instead. Real cool stuff.

is there any mods balancing buffing sea resources?

all sea resources are so shit considering you lose out on district tiles for even being near them

Anyone interested in a semi-regular civ 6 multiplayer group/league?
Looking for a reason. other to kill time, to play this game

I don't yet have the game but I expect to get it within the month and I'm interested

>played Germany/Jap for my first two games
>every other civ feels slow as fuck if you aren't exploiting
Playing civs that actually make use of civ 6 mechanics feel good, who would have known

Now if only every other civ didn't feel so sluggish to play

Aztecs, Sumeria and Scythia are all very fun and fast to play as
Mainly as followers of Khorne

>ded
No, we're liv as fuck compared to even august.

Cool m8
We'll have to see how it goes

/pol/ likes Imperial Japan now?

The jew has always feared the samurai.

>not knowing Jews fear the samurai

Jews fear the Samurai my man.

Nips are cryptojews anyway

japan has been jewified. The samurai have lost.

>Japan took effectively 0 (((refugees))) so far
Nippon is fine, not to mention they are focussing on robots rather than roaches to replace them

Yeah but Jews succesfully made Japanese not reproduce with Anime and Vidya.

Reasonably sure they took like a dozen in, a few of which promptly got convicted of rape and returned to sender.

>every population needs to grow forever
>just like the economy
Everything has a equilibrium

What is the district cost formula? Am I punished for building too many?

They get more expensive as you research more techs and civics. No, you aren't punished for building lots of them, but you get a discount if you have less districts than average of a particular type.

>old cities can still make districts in 4 or 5 turns
>new cities take 60 turns to make a district

Cost goes up for specific districts if you build tons of them.

Your new cities don't have the same production as your old cities you know

that's my exact point, this mechanic literally doesn't matter for established cities but makes new cities impossible to properly industrialize

When do I ever build Sphinxes as Egypt

Like how I am supposed to ever afford to be working these instead of building mines/farms

When you think you have enough food and spare flat land

>impossible to properly industrialize

Just do what this user says. >You send as many trade routes as you can To the new city and send it to whichever cities give you the most food and hammers. You also bring 2 or 3 workers to improve nearby mines, chop woods or farm stone. First district should be industrial to help everything be setup quicker. Then you keep developing until the city is self sustainable in food and housing. Then you start building other districts.

It's a chore because you cannot make cities grow by thenselves but you can get then online quicker than early game if you plan the city well. Also, techs and civics make possible to colonize more zones the further you go into the game.

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY TO YOU?

@stellaris
Are random civs completly random or choosen from the list?

I think in Civ VI what they voice act and what they say in subtitles don't match. In Philip's intro the subtitle says he's the king of Spain, Portugal, Sardinia and Sicily, Naples, Duke of Milan, etc. but in his voice acting I only heard Espana(I think Spain in Spanish) and Portugal, and not a single word close to rest of the shit listed in the subtitles. Can anyone who speaks Spanish confirm this?

randomly chosen from the list

Spaniard here. Yes, he doesn't mention all his titles, he simply says he's the king of Spain and Portugal.

Full translation would be:

>We are Phillip, king of Spain and Portugal, but above all we are loyal followers of the only true religion.

>Playing Civ V without reloading because /civ4xg/ told me to git gud
>Settle new city deep inside my territory
>Spain ask me to stop settle near her cities
>Hear nearest city is like on the other side of the continent

Can somebody explain this?

I know her AI is somewhat retarded - she keeps sending prophets to my cities and refuse to fuck off, but come on! She also denounced me for no reason.

Not to mention that half of the civs, even those far away from me have "they want our land" info at diplomacy screen.

Im slowly getting more and more pissed off.

>-1069 opinion

Damn what did you to do piss off the tadpole people?

>Stellaris mid game
>finally warring against my arch-nemesis
>destroy 24k worth of fleet power, virtually annihilating their relevance as a stellar power
>+6.5 warscore
>occupy a backwater planet with 4 uplifted roaches
>+7.5 warscore

>He doesn't have scout/settler/ranged/builder ready to go before new strat resource researches finish.
>He complains when his niter isn't served up on a silver platter at his doorstep.

Ishygddt

>one AI keeps buying the same dupe lux I have when it does nothing for them

>Fanatical purifiers

They want to cleanse the entire of the unclean

>I know her AI is somewhat retarded - she keeps sending prophets to my cities and refuse to fuck off,
It's not because AI is retarded, it's because she really prioritizes the religion. A few leaders are like that, Haile and Harun also for example, they'll never stop converting you. In my experience most other civs stop when you tell them to

If she was talking about your Uxmal city, that is indeed close to Sewilla, she'll indeed complain about that. And AIs, depending on how close they are to you and how much expansionist they are will want your land. So you're learning how the game works at least

That's not the way it works.
When you choose random empire, it takes all the choices you make when you make a new empire and randomizes them.
It doesn't just take a random empire from your list of empires.

This man once congratulated me for having a good navy after I built one boat for exploring. Then I checked it out and he wasn't even coastal

No, it is about that 1 pop, Tulum city. Which is stupid, because it is so away from her positions that I dont see a problem.

> A few leaders are like that, Haile and Harun also for example, they'll never stop converting you

What are some other interesting hardcoded personality?

Can some user please show me two of their adjacent developed cities in a screenshot?
I want to go ICS and would like a template of where districts and shit goes.

civdata.com/

Though to be honest if you know these leaders and the countries they rule, you can guess these things before looking at the site

Btw those variables are not static, every time you start a game they can change +2 to -2. Firaxis did this to not make every game same IIRC. For example Isabella's default religion variable is 8, it can be up to 10(max) where she goes crazy with religion, or down to 6 where she is much softer on religion.

This is also why Gandhi's nuke variables are at 12, so even if he gets -2 in a game you play it still stays at the max. Above the number 10 doesn't do anything else otherwise, just works the same as 10

>Gandhi's nuke variables are at twelve
Ebin

I heard that Ghandi nuclear fetish was result of a bug in first game, where Democracy would lower his agressive level from minimal, causing it to go nuts and assume maximum value due to negative ones not being allowed. So when everyone else had agressive level at max 10, he would assume 255.

Correct, they were using unsigned values. Gandhi had 1 for warmonger and there were 2 -1 techs in game.

I love Victoria's voice acting but that model is really hard to look at

It's 10/10 or you're a low test baby who only likes cowtits and giant anime ass

The default spawn of Civs is 9 tiles away, but you can go into the files and change it.

Yeah but aren't maps too small to change it? I assume if you do that the AIs would be too close to each other

I guess just play with less civs. I only play on huge and I think the maps are pretty big.

I wish there was an option for the player to have an advanced start in Stellaris.
The first hour of a new game is always unbelievably boring and after half an hour you might find out there's fuck-all for mineable resources in your sector and you have to restart.
I want to skip that shit and go straight to enslaving xenos.

Yeah I completely forgot you can change the number of civs. Because you can't change city states probably

There's a mod

I always play on Huge and I find there's a lot of empty space, especially since the AI is very stingy about building settlers.

Arabia just bribed me into a joint war against Ghandi and then denounced me for warmongering 3 turns later. Just thought you all should know.

Smug is a miracle of the universe and she always leaves me with a raging erection.

So is the tradition of writter after action reports dead? Wanna read some good stories

Have they said when they're patching Civ 6 yet?

>finds victoria attractive
You on the left

Not just the quotes, but the texts narrator reads about your leader when you're starting a new game are also really shit imo. Civ V texts were much better than this

Just look at pic related and compare it to his Civ V intro which was this:
Greetings President Gandhi, great soul leader of India! You are the ruler of one of the oldest countries in the world with history stretching back almost 10,000 years. A spiritual country, India is the birthplace of three of the world's great religions - Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. This is a passionate land of music and color and it is a land of great wealth and grinding poverty. For centuries, India was divided into kingdoms who fought constantly with each other and against outside invaders. In the 12th century AD, India was conquered by Muslim Turks. In the early 17th century, the English arrived. Through a combination of shrewd diplomacy and technological superiority, they conquered your fragmented nation. England remained in power for some two centuries until driven out by a rising wave of Indian nationalism, a peaceful rebellion unlike any before seen in history.

Gandhi, your people look to you to lead them to even greater heights of glory! Can you help your people realize their great potential, to once again become the world's center of arts, culture and religion? Can you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

Fucking only last paragraph of Civ V's intro is better than Civ VI one

Literally deformed forearm

How do you change governments in civ 6?

Yeah, it seems that they replaced a short history lesson with a summary of each leader's gameplay mechanics.

>countries of the world
>country
Also what is this about 10k years, 7k at best surely.

You unlock new governments as you move along the culture tree.

Click on the "Government" button at the top left to see your policies and the different governments available

>greetings gandhi, Your country kinda sucks and was the town bicycle for most of the world. Have fun!

Really makes you think

The victory movies are a joke too
Fucking civ iv had movies 1000 times better

>Brazil declares a surprise war on me
>I quickly raise up walls and troops, kill all his troops he sends into my lands
>I start to then move to this territory for revenge
>He shits his patns and now begs for peace, offers me gold
>I show mercy
>Centuries pass, I continue focusing mostly on science and money, get a few cities, he builds a few shit cities on the coast in between where I have two cities along with his capital to the south of my territory
>He sends a shit ton of war chariots to my borders
>Declares War of Territorial Expansion
>I have a shit ton of money and prodcution so I immediately go from having no army at all to having a bunch of musketmen to eradicate his fucking chariots.
>I showed you mercy before and this is how you repay me? Not this time fucker.
>Completely annihilate his troops again,a nd then move my new army towards his coast cities and his capital
>he starts shitting his pants and begging for peace every turn again, continually offering more an dmore
>Nope, I gave you that chance before, Fool me once.
>Take all his cities. All he has left is a city he founded on the other continent, which I haven't bothered going to yet.
>Feel smug in having delivered karmic retribution - he called this a "War for Territory Expansion" - ended with his whole people being literally exiled from their home continent, losing all their land on said continent.
>He spends the rest of the game continually denouncing me as a "Warmonger"
>despite literally the only wars I ever fought in being the two HE started.

What the fuck is with this game?

those are chinks

I like this woman's hair

Better enjoy her OP as fuck Civ as well before it gets nerfed