What does Veeky Forums think of the Camry. Honestly

What does Veeky Forums think of the Camry. Honestly.

Econobox appliance to shuttle people from a to b

As vanilla as vanilla gets, but it's the most popular flavor for a reason.

its biggest flaw is that it doesn't really have any flaws. it knows what it is and it does its job well, and the V6 option packs a lot more torque if that's what you want in your DD. the only gripe I have with it isn't even the car's fault, it's those recent toyota ads that try to market it as being "sporty"

I had a 2012. Build quality was not that good compared to the 15 year old accord my buddy had.
Interior plastics were creaky poorly fitted.
If there was any crosswind at all then you were fighting to keep it in your lane on the highway.
The design of the mirrors made them whistle over 60mph.
The speakers let out a constant barely audible white noise, regardless of whether the radio was on or not.

5/10 wouldn't buy again. My golf feels like a Mercedes in comparison.

I drive one for work every now and then (prototype and not)

The v6 and standard models are just plain OK cars. The hybrid has tires (and seats) made of greased plastic, is one of the most miserable feeling cars on the road today but still manages to be faster than an FR-S in a straight line.

And your Golf will cost a Mercedes to fix when it breaks.

I actually think OPs pic trim level look really good, but they're everywhere so it never catches your eye on the road

Look it's a fucking Toyota Camry, they're bullet proof and will run forever with little maintenance above the ordinary. I laugh at people who buy "sporty" econoboxes like Mazda's or Golfs. It's an economy car, you want comfy ride, good gas mileage and trouble free care of it. The Camry excels in all those.

Flat out BS

I have an 03' and it's surpringly peppy for a v4. It's very spacious, great on gas, looks great, and suprisingly quick. Perfect basic car in my opinion. More reliable than your next breath of air.

test

v4? Your Accord has a Ford Engine?

V4 is a pretty nice engine I have one in my aprilia. Didn't know the camry had one too

Sorry, I meant to say it's a 4 cyl. 2.4l. It moves

>both a Sienna and a V6 Camry have faster 0-60mph times than a FRS/86
The hell was Toyota thinking?

>heavy people movers need more power
Yeah not sure what they were thinking... dumbass

It's like the civic, it's very generic mid sized sedan for general purpose transportation. They're usually a good value for the price

As my mother says, it's "the poor man's Lexus".

She likes hers though.

Thats every branded Japanese car though

Honda is just a poor man's acura

Nissan is just a poor mans infinity

boring car for boring people.

Car for people who hate driving.

Nothing, I try not to think about them too much. They're depressingly boring.

i oddly like it

its simple and well designed, safe but looks good, comfortable but affordable and probably reliable to boot

>father in law has a camry
>owns many collectable guns
>A 1970s porsche 911
>a porsche 914
>two motorcycles
>a bad ass collection of war era tools
Boring indeed
Yeah he HATES driving too

Got an '04 Solara in 2010.

Did about 30 highway miles every days in high school. It's about to break 160 and runs great when well maintained

Sorry I didn't reinforce your decision to buy a Camry? Those were my honest faults with the car.

When will this meme die?

The new 1.8T won engine of the year. With just an APR tune I now have a fairly fun to drive and fuel efficient econobox for commuting with an interior that (in my opinion) is a much nicer place to be than the Camry.
I've never kept a car beyond 6 years so not really worried about any serious VW reliability issues.

>>heavy people movers accelerating faster than a "sports car" that weighs less than they do.

The Dubai taxi

V4

had an 07 camry se v6, 2GR-FE blew it's headgasket at 98k, engine ate 5 ignition coils during that time too.

hopefully they've improved.

It's really not a meme

A good car for mom.

I have a 2000 Camry that I like very much. My only real complaint is not having enough knee room. Head gasket is blown but it still runs well (280K miles). It's slow and has bouncy suspension but that's to be expected in an old shitbox.

I've driven a 2013 that I don't like as much. It doesn't like to stay in a straight line, has no feel in the steering, is less comfortable, and has even less knee room.

Lexus without leather interior.

>>Lexus without leather interior.

no.

Infinity is just the dumb man's nissan

I always laugh at the "sporty camry" line

>he lost to an infiniti
Stay mad cuck

Nice meme. Keep trading off build quality for dogshit cars made for grandmas

It's sad that despite the EA888 gen III being out in Europe for quite some time now, they're still dealing with rear main seals leaking at very low mileages, perhaps due to faulty PCV operation (that's what's troubled them in the past on the 2.0T motors).

I agree with your earlier statements above that the '12-14 Camrys had some pretty creaky feeling interiors, namely the lower dash pieces near the HVAC that if you pressed with your knee made nasty sounds, and had huge panel gaps. My old school 1st gen ES300 is a breath of fresh air after sitting in a modern mainstream Toyota. To be fair, the '15 refresh addressed some of the interior cheapness.

I think that the Camry has one of the best sorted suspensions in the midsize class in terms of smoothness. Very roomy and well laid out car (big trunk too). Comfortable for long trips, the 4 cyl is really efficient if you keep the speed at around 70-73mph, I've almost clipped 40mpg for long stretches at a time with the A/C off in my fiance's '12 SE. Engine and transmission are likewise very well paired and even the 2.5 is plenty enough for daily driving. A much better drivetrain than something like the 1.6EcoBoost Fusion IMO. The V6 might be considered outdated, but it is one of the smoothest freaking motors that still keeps the v6 Camry in the running against just about any competing midsizer's top motor.

So overall I think they're great cars and a great value. Adjusted for inflation, a plain jane camry from the 90s would be like $30k these days. The fact that I can buy a new LE for $18k makes the poor interior quality and easier pill to swallow.

I also own a '96 ES300, which is basically a super nice camry. Bought it for $1600 a few weeks ago, it is a fantastically comfy commuter and I can sit and poke and prod that interior for days, it's just so nicely put together with top notch materials. Also impressive is how smooth the car is with 203k miles on original suspension components.

Where the new camrys really suck compared to the 1990s ones is interior quality. Scratchy nasty cloth, cheap trim with large gaps. Stitching the top dash cover does nothing to cover up the fact that this is a much cheaper car than something like a '95 Camry.

I love it. Its everything a car in its class should be.

The only people that car about how a car "feels" to drive are spastic losers that have never had their livelyhood rely on a car (probably because most posters here are neet larping bus-riders).

You want sport? Go for sports class. The Camry is just fine to sit on it's throne in the class of reliability.

your livelihood relies on a camry?

Livelihood relies on driving for several hundred miles in a single trip regularly, not to mention average 100 mile commute everyday.

There is no more reliable car for this type of driving than a Camry.

Engine of the year means nothing in regards to reliability

Soulless transportation appliance.

But it's good at being an appliance, if that's what you need.

"Appliance" is what 99% of people need.

It's like going on a watch forum, there are gonna be tons of guys sperging out about whatever obscure brands are superior to JLC or PP or VC etc. and having the soul of a beating machine on your wrist desu desu but in the real world a normal human being just shrugs and pulls out there phone...

aka the opiniones you receive on this board are from EXTREMIST NICHE WEIRDOS.

Normal humans drive camries.

Aurion > Camry

Normal humans are also seen as meat by a class of people that is always one governmental oversight away from actually treating them like meat.

Good car. Boring but Reliable.

It does 95% of what people actually use cars for: going from A to B to get to work, pick up kids, get groceries, take dog to the vet, visit grandma.... whatever.

Whatever your impossible dream car is, make sure you also have a Camry in the garage and your bases will be covered.

That all said, personally, I drive a '15 Avalon. It is significantly better built than a V6 Camry and not much more money. In my mind the Avy is what the Camry should be.

I've driven a 1999 V6, a 2007 LE I4, and a 2008 XLE V6. XLE is a massively different car to the LE. Feels more like an ES with bland interior. '99 was my favorite, but it was also in very good condition and fully optioned.