How is it to live in an area without mountain roads to drive fast on ?

How is it to live in an area without mountain roads to drive fast on ?
What do you do when you've watched a bunch of initial d and want to go drive on a mountain but you only have straight roads?
Seems like a shitty existence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ev_w3VB6W2I
youtu.be/QCAElsnjPos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"Mountains" in California don't count. The roads are crowded with squids and wannabe drifters in shitty RWD econoboxes. That and yo got a cop with radar on every turn. 0/10 would not touge.

>live in Saskatchewant, one of the flattest places on earth, in the flattest area for that matter
>rewatch the first few stages every summer
It kills me inside, but the roads are so shit here it's not worth it to own a nice car anyway.

It is. In areas like this car culture is mainly highway drag racing, which t b h is lame as hell.
Luckily there are a handful nice roads here.
t. Dallas Texas

No, a shitty existence is watching initial d and only having fwd cars to drive.

Wait, doesn't Veeky Forums hate Initial D and things related to it? I am confused.

Veeky Forums fucking loves initial d

Im tired if people personifying Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums hates every vehicle ever made and everything else car related.

Thats not true though. They arent crowded at the right times. Same thing with cops, certain nights will be worse than others. Obviously Friday and Saturday nights it will be more crowded and a higher chance of cops, California has some of the best mountains to drive in the whole country.

Fucking awful, but I don't mind, my fwd shitbox can't handle it

This is also very true

Why would you think we hate it?

This applies to some spots. Like the snake Mulholland for example. There are tons of other less crowded spots throughout California that are great for some touge fun.

holy shit really what the fuck i thought they hated it

Thats another one id imagine is terrible. Being as that there are mechanical limitations from doing whats done in the show.
I wouldn't know though since all my cars have been rwd...

Never watched Initial D but yeah same

American roads are going to seem so boring when I get back

What planet are you from.?

Did you take the pilgrimage to nippon ?

I've been here for 3 years and leaving soon

What are you doing out there ?
I want to go too but I dont have a reason to go right now.

I live near mountains, but not near enough to simply go straight there. The easiest road to access is a highway, too, and it's usually too congested to even drive with spirit.

Military brought me, but I'm separating

here in cleveland i speed from the twisty metroparks all the way to lake erie following the erie canal i speed through the heart of the city i speed through the beach at edgewater park and along the flawless roads along the shoreway

i always speed where the richies live late at night to wake them up

>implying shingo isn't based

That FD is hnnnggg.

I know right, it made me go get one of my own

I live in Las Vegas and there's basically zero touge. It sucks, but you just buy a dirt bike for $2k and have more fun racing with other amateurs at a fraction of the cost of building a TOUGE MACHINE so it's not too bad. Fill in the rest with conefagging.

hoon in fields mostly

>i always speed where the richies live

More patrol cars are present in affluent areas, be careful

maaaan, so jelly

I totes wanna go to Japan now and get all these iconic cars.

All.Of.Them.

Do et

>MUH CANYUN ETIQUETTE

>I HOPE THIS GUY LETS ME ILLEGALLY PASS HIM

>have Fiesta ST
>slowish in straight line but fast in corners
>live in Ontario
>nothing but shitty straight roads with more imperfections than a gingers ugly face

End my existence tbhfam

>Have to cross yuge shantytoens full of niggers to get there
>roads are shit
>if you fuck up you'll have a 1000 nigs running to get your shit like Black Hawk Down

go to downtown Toronto at 3am. it's fun to drive around the lakeshore and brew district

I live in Dallas and have a Challenger. I'm pretty much in my natural habitat.

I do miss doing eighty in the windy hills out in West Texas, though. It was fun hitting apexes amongst the wind farms.

Wandering through the gta at 1am & beyond can be fun as hell if you have the time & inclination.

>central florida

I want out, everyone is either ancient or just a shitter and all the roads are flat and boring

Nova Scotia has some cool roads

Everything past third stage is shit.

Spoopy. People are getting dumber when it comes to drifting though i blame the fact they try to drift cars well over 3000lbs.

Reppin north end dartmouth 0 days since a bomb threat niggĂ 

I live in Florida. So theres no mountains or even fucking hills, but there's plenty of abandoned developments with no houses and curvy roads for days.

At least you aren't in NYC or NJ
>corrosive salt in the winter
>small roads
>bad drivers
>a lot of bad drivers concentrated in a small area
>car thieves everywhere
>Practically a police state/nanny state

What is up with all the bomb threats lately? Even the fucking Dal Truro campus got evacuated due to one.

Yeah I dunno. I just want out of this shithole

>truro is also a shithole.

>pillheads everywhere. Someone on kijiji wants 1600 for a vw golf with a cracked manifold and 252000km... fuck off people

got any good dallas roads senpai?

Any highway going out of town.

That's all way more applicable to PA

I don't know, I blast through N GA at least twice a year and I've gone over 100 on those roads and haven't been nicked yet.

Aren't you guys scared of oncoming traffic when taking the inside, on a corner, in the opposite lane?

Take a vacation to lebanon during the summer and look at the roads you will shit you pants

literally wrong dude

just get away from the cities and into the real mountains and forests and they're fucking empty

it's fantastic

The Extra Stages weren't that bad.

Holy fuck this thread makes me glad i live in College Town, CO

>beautiful women everywhere
>everyone smokes weed
>beautiful views anywhere
>no blacks, few mexicans
>wonderful place to live in many other respects

but the roads, oh the roads

5 minutes west from my house there are infinite well-maintained, just about deserted mountain roads as close to a touge as you can get

no cops ever

pic related, those are just the "main" mountain roads, there's endless other roads, cutting through canyons or along lakes and rivers, or through dense forest, ahh it's just great, I can go for a Initial D style rip anytime I fucking please

just peep these corners boys

btw I drive a Miata, it's literally the perfect car for it

don't h8 me cause u ain't me

Pretty sure that's when you put on wangan instead

If one started a thread with login info for a throwaway youtube account, with the purpose of anons filming a run of their favorite local touge, would anyone be into that? I think it would be interesting, I'd definitely throw up a vid.

Fuck, to clarify - anons filming a run, then uploading it to the collective Veeky Forums account for everyone to watch/ discuss in the respective thread

Is there some other video sharing platform that is a less retarded idea?

Ayy, Echo fag here, Cape Breton is really nice,
EXCEPT IF YOU LVIE IN A TOWN/CITY

I WANNA GO TO THOSE PICTURESQUE ROADS, BUT THEYRE TWO FUCKING HOURS AWAY

I usually drive half an hour and go on the Port Morien twisty.

PB & Jelly

No thanks

Don't you guys have the Valley of Fire and Mt. Charleston?

Florida
What's that?

4 words gentleman

South Indian River Drive

From a previous fellow Floridian, there is your hidden gem of a touge for you (don't let google maps fool you, drive it)

You should tag along with me sometime senpai

I also know a lot of good not too far outside the North metro as well

>live in the Midwest

That would be cool. Even just short clips of highlight driving would be neat.

VidMe is getting kinda big

>Move from Connecticut to Texas
>All those awesome winding, narrow suburban roads have been replaced with a single fucking highway.

most underrated post itt

At least you got to experience them at one point. I've lived in Texas my whole life, and although I've driven in other states, I've never been on any mountain passes or similar roads.

That actually seems perfect, thanks, maybe I'll do a run tomorrow to kick it off and make a thread or some shit
thank 4 input bud-e

yes it sucks ass.

not a bad idea my dude looking forward to it

With oncoming traffic it is really only an issue if you go up during the day, which is already a bad idea in itself. If you go up late enough at night you can easily dreamy oncoming headlights with plenty of time to dip fully back into your lane. Honestly though chances are that if it is a real heavy road there won't be pedestrians on it super late anyways.

This fella knows

Especially in a canyon you can see the oncoming lights on the cliffsides quite easily

its deer you have to watch out for, those stupid fucking horse-rats are the most retarded pieces of shit alive

Never hit one thankfully, but have had to swerve/hard brake more times than I can count

>inb4 don't swerve for animals
only when it's safe friends

Everyone on Veeky Forums would give up their lives to live in 90's Japan with a Japanese sports car of their choice.

>tfw Britbong
>no mountain passes unless you live near Wales
>all the roads are absolute garbage anyway, so it's more rally than touge

SCbro, please bring your R32 with you. So I can... Uhh.. Touch it

I live in Florida where everything is flat as paper and straight. It pains me so much, even more when I am listening to Eurobeat while in my car.

I'd personally opt for 80s Japan, but that's just me.

>it takes two to touge
>don't have any friends that could possibly understand why I want to do this
>only friend that even has a car only owns a soccer mom landbarge

>live in Wales
>live a few miles away from a really long downhill section
>mfw it's entirely in the open so you don't need to worry about running into people/police

>How is it to live in an area without mountain roads to drive fast on ?
The closest I can come to twisties is shadowing a river.

>What do you do when you've watched a bunch of initial d and want to go drive on a mountain but you only have straight roads?
Blow by corn fields on the glorious grid system.

>Seems like a shitty existence.
As someone that likes cars that are designed to handle corners, it is. Dumped a bunch of money into my z31 to find out I'm not really into dodging cones.

I could drive about 7 hours down to Clarkston, but the track is in poor condition and it's a mere 1.4 miles at best. Literally the only non oval track in the state.

>he doesn't hoon it on the grid roads
>he doesn't slide it all winter long
>he doesn't drive to Rockglen on the weekends and hit the badlands twisties

Sask user pls you are not making the most of this province

>Seems like a shitty existence.
It is. Also, what kills me is that where I live there's nothing beautiful to see. You know, I'd like to get the cvar, drive on a nice mountain road and get somewhere with a nice view or something.
But no.

Oh, also,

>he doesn't drift in the many drift events and open track days that pop up throughout the summer
>he doesn't autocross with the QCMA
>he doesn't into TSD rally

The only reason there isn't a bigger motorsport culture around here is because nobody wants to put in the effort.

Eh, all the cool cars weren't even out/old enough to have people modifying them

Touge culture didn't really pick up until the early 90s anyways

Enjoy your stock s13 80's Iketani

Where's your RedSuns sticker motherfucker

I kno that feel tho lonely driver

>Touge culture didn't really pick up until the early 90s anyways

false

Yeah, there's video proof of this as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ev_w3VB6W2I
Apparently, people were modding S13s as soon as they came out.

citation needed

Tfw I live in the netherlands

Oh cool ok

youtu.be/QCAElsnjPos

All these glorious 80's Gazelles on the touge

>live in ontario
>all the roads are straight flat grid
>all the good roads are fucking 9 hours north of civilization
Kill me.

>tfw touge freshly paved

Now till spring thaw fucks it up is the best time
I grew up in Minnesota. Never moving back.

>Live in nw ohio
>Car culture is daddys money in ma lifted 3500
>Grid roads not maintained at all
>Town is mostly drug addicted factory workers and welfare squatters
>Have one road with about 5 turns i found that i run by myself every weekend
>Apparently state law is go throw a bunch of loose stone on tar on roads for no rhyme or reason
>My tougay is is now a loose stone road

I want to die

how does one learn to tough?
gain the skills and suppress the frear?