[D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

[D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

Very fast 50cc going at incredible hihg speed edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm
>Motorcycle maymays

/dbt/ map

google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator

cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

Boring gifums with shounds:
Old bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Na_H7ZuvYPg
youtu.be/DWAXSM-7VOo?t=222
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pls come back ybr grill

Go to sleep WR, there's work tomorrow

>V4>i3>V2>i4>P2
Post yours

>I don't know where to put singles, they just don't fit with the others

NEW BIKE SOON
>read: january

How many CCs does this have, and is it enough to wheelie?

Am wanting to travel to San Fran, any tips, cheap hotels, etc?

Am from NZ

What did you decide on?

What bike? I bet its a wheel chair

drops her 500x twice!

youtube.com/watch?v=Na_H7ZuvYPg

bike died as I was backing into the garage today. Think I stalled t. Well, it wouldn't start again, electric or kick starter. Turns over fine, just doesn't ignite. Waited an hour and tried again, same deal. Pulled the plugs.

What do you think?

how long are you planning on staying here?
airbnb is usually better than a hotel in my opinion
it's expensive as fuck buy you shouldn't be shocked coming from NZ

find an airbnb near a BART (train) station and you can get all over the Bay and right into downtown SF really fast.

Fuck off shill

the 2017 Husqvarna 701 Supermoto is getting the new 74hp Duke 690 engine, so that

What bike?

So, I've been thinking about getting a bike/learning to ride in the future.

What are some good beginner bikes? I'm shooting for under $3k --- used, of course.

V4>i6>vr6>v2=i3>dorito>single>i4>p2

I tought you were nojob and homeless

>Under 3k
A used 250 or a bit to shit 500-650 if you're lucky

Sv650

I have had my own place for like 3 weeks now, I got the fancy programming job making $$$$$ and just finally got paid for selling my Miata

I'm not specifically looking for Kawasaki, if it came off like that.

Whatever you can find under 3k that you fit on and like the looks of.

Congrats m8

Ural gear up

Planning on staying for two weeks, plan to stay in San Jose actually.
Will look up airbnb

Kek! We told not to buy that commie bike. Its like buying a lada.

I saw a tan Ural for the first time a few days ago and fell in love. Are they hard to find without the sidecar?

Fixing it is all part of the fun. Unfortunately this means I now have no bikes to ride because I'm replacing my Kawasakis clutch cable and one of the screws holding the clutch plate on is frozen fuckingnsolid. Got JIS screwdrivers and everything.

Anyways, any ideas on the Ural? I cleaned the plugs up with some sandpaper but no dice

You realize SJ is about 2 hours away from SF, right?
SJ is notably warmer than SF usually, there's some cool shit there, and another /dbt/ regular lives there.

When are you coming out? We should fuck I mean ride.

So cool
Do you have the 2 seater? 3? 4?
And black plugs means too much gas, not enough battery

How does it take you 2 hours to get from SJ to SF on a motorcycle, you scared to split lanes?

>battery
I mean air

I should stop shitposting this late

The better question is what NOT to get. Do not get a ninja 300, R3, RC 390, or any other of these meme piece of shits.

Get a ninja 250 for $1500 or a SV650 for $2500-$3000

2 seats on the bike with a sidecar so I suppose 3 seater.

Ok, so guessing my battery is shitting the bed then? Bike has an alternator but who knows how old the battery itself is

I won't have a bike, also, hopefully sometime before July next year.

It's always fired right up on the first kick, but it died and now won't start. Wonder if maybe the cylinders are flooded?

Whatchu got a job programming senpai?
>tfw no life.

>coming to the land of the free from a country with communist nanny state motorcycle laws
Rent a literbike m8, do it.

It took me about 1:40 on my bike at 55mph, and it takes 2 hours by train I think, although I haven't actually done that ride yet.

FOSS iOS, Android and Web Apps

If it were flooded you'd break your leg/valves
It's definitely running rich, you need a tune

Is the 2wd worth it?
I'd get one without the meme forks

Good for you man im just waiting till im homeless.

Cockbraker pls sit on my penis bby :)

Is it possible to get motorcycles shipped to you from online websites? The bike I want isn't sold even close to where I live.

Anything is possible with the right amount of money

Yeah. You can buy disassembled bikes because its cheaper

We are all gonna be there sooner or later.
I'm probably gonna end up re-enlisting for the money then after I serve again I'll take the ~100k and live off it in Costa Rica for the rest of my life or something.

So you want niggers to pound ur boipucci

Pretty accurate desu senpai :^)
Nah I'll have a gf by then

Who am I kidding ;-;

That's barely 1 HP

I feel like something good will happen eventually or ill figure something out to stop being a bitch. But who know life likes to fuck with you.

Yup. Whatever I just wanna get some money and leave this stupid society of PC cucks

Guess just gotta make the shit you want to happen and see it all the way through untill its done. I just want to ride again part pls come.

hey o
im thinking in buying my first bike
BUT
I play electric guitar, i work playing guitar and i have to transport myself always with an instrument. If i buy a moto and try to go everywhere with the guitar in my back or whatever, is it possible? or im going full boludo?

this is for street and maybe short trips in road

buy a ural so you can carry it

and never have to worry about riding with your guitar because you'll never be able to ride

>Anyways, any ideas on the Ural? I cleaned the plugs up with some sandpaper but no dice

What kind of ignition system does the Ural have, points or electronic? What does your factory service manual suggest? What do Ural forums suggest?

Do you have power to your ignition coils?

They are cool bikes but asking Ural questions on Veeky Forums is either desperate or silly.

youtu.be/DWAXSM-7VOo?t=222

>they bothered to put 3 different throttle maps on a 250cc parallel twin

what in fuck

I'd buy it if it was here in the states.

I wanted to like it but a lot of stuff is coming wrong, completely non adjustable front suspension? seriously? why even bother with USD forks if you can't even fucking change the preload.

I like the idea of a small 200% handling sportbike but that's not what this is.

Maybe if they siphoned a bit of the edgy fairings budget into stuff that matters on the bike it wouldn't be such a joke.

Fuck spring, I rode ot and from work without my googles and got bukkaked by every vegetal on my way. My eyes hurt ;_;

Time for doggos?

Doggie!
I like your doggers, they're cute

>inb4 that guy comes in and complains about non-bike talk and how "this always happens"

It depends on the bike and your body. Carrying a guitar on my bike is horrible because it's a hunched over supersport and I'm over 6 ft tall. But if you had a bike with a more upright position you would be fine.

rate my decisions on the r1, this is before

this is now

also,

>cbr250rr
>not an inline 4 that revs to 19k

i like it faired better.

They built this bike for people to race in the 250 class. Honda already has a small beginner bike. Racers usually ditch the factory suspension for ohlins or penske so who fucking cares about the oem forks.

why lol

Personally I like the faired, iirc you gave it red halo lights too.

Good to see you're still kicking it here.

Holy shit that is badass. I was actually just contemplating what my R3 would look like if I removed all the fairings.
The headlights are cool too.
I would just figure out a way to clean up the frame a bit, it looks it's supposed to have fairings, but I assume you don't want it to.

I like it.

I don't like streetfighter conversions but at least yours was nice and clean and involved getting rid of the guy fieri seat.

however

>bar ends

Looks better with the fairings. You want a naked bike go buy one. Your new headlights look trashy too.

I6 > V4, Crossplane I4 > V2, I4 > P2 (not including the MT-07 that thing sounds beast with a good exhaust) > Single

i like the feel of handlebars better than clip-ons, reminds me of my sv1000
thanks
the bar end stick out a bit far now, looking into solutions for that
i was looking to sell it, and buy either a fz09 or xsr900, but did this instead to see how it feels
a round headlight would be ideal, but i had these lying around from another project
everything is reversible with a few hours of work

My friend bought an R3 quite a few months ago, and now that I got a street bike he wants to go riding with me. What exactly about the R3 confirms it's meme bike status? Haven't seen it yet in person, but I'm 99% sure he bought it new. Did he fuck up?

It's the best bike ever created what are you on about

>i was looking to sell it

how much you looking to get?

why bother ranking them, this is a bike by bike thing.

How are you even gonna rank a single against a V-4 again? Where is the common overlap?

i was asking 4500, would let go for 4000. i might put it back to normal in the spring and try again, but i am loving it now so no big deal

Post bike

How long you had that bike?

Post boipucci

N-no

holy shit a good picture

3 years, got it cheap, did a bunch of maintenance, got board of the look, still trying to capture the magic of my gsxr750 that i learned on

how much are those exhausts?

>DR650 still busted
>shoulder still busted
>TriCare and DEERS are a bunch of fucking idiots
Add self to endlist list of veterans who have offed themselves? Y/N

Its not as blurry as I wanted it to be

It's a good bike as long as you had the recall fixed.
Also I went down on my R3 the other day thanks to going in a slow turn at a bad angle, don't trust the stock tires.

breathe on the lens

Good pic tho. You hear about the nignogs that shot pedestrians down here?

holy shit that is an ugly fucking bike

does tricare cover gyno surgery? i want my moobs gone

Nope. Story?

>>TriCare and DEERS
if those are health insurance companies and you're an american I figure now is a good time to remind you that if you lived in Canada, Newzealand, England or any civilised country any sort of broken bones surgery would be free.

I'll ask him about the recall when I see him. What exactly was it for?

on what, the graves full exhaust was 2k, and it was on it when i got it
ugly but full of character,and taught me many things about motorcycles