What is the cheapest highest octane fuel that is easily found everywhere in the US?

What is the cheapest highest octane fuel that is easily found everywhere in the US?

The only ones I know that are kinda common
>Shell V-Power Nitro+ 99
>E85 100-105

Is there one that is cheaper/more common??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AnETtiRdTjU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw BP 102 ultimate was discontinued

But what if you need more octane for higher compression?

100 LL

>100LL
>Self Service: $4.22/Gal

where is this even at?

Shell V power is ethanol free so unless the other high octane fuel also doesn't have that bullshit there isn't really any point.

>not exclusively using leaded 110 octane from boat launches and race tracks

Which is cheaper?

Is ethanol based bad?

youtube.com/watch?v=AnETtiRdTjU
also fucks up older fuel systems. No one I know runs anything but V Power in their small engines because of this.

just put 91 and a shit ton of octane booster

>video is talking about e10

I was talking about e85

If that's what happens with e10, imagine how much worse it will be with e85, you have to update the fuel system

All the BPs around here sell 93. A couple stations around here sell 110 race at the regular pump too.

There's a ton of E85 stations here too. My next SBC will be built for roughly E70 naturally aspirated with 12:1 or 12.5:1 compression. Most E85 from the pump can be as little as E70 so I don't want to push 13:1 or 13.5:1 like some of the guys who use the quality control true E85 from race fuel drums.

>If that's what happens

What happens?
That per liter more E85 is burned than non-blended gas quicker?

What is the price difference for Vpower nitro vs e85?

For the cars I've had that need 91/93 by the time you factor in the worse mileage from the E85 the price difference still makes it cheaper. Some of that went away as the subsidies died off though.

E85 is great for forced induction because it's extremely resistant to detonation. It can still make a decent gain naturally aspirated though depending on how much you are able to tune any given fuel system.

I don't understand where you're going with this, did you read the OP?

We're comparing high octane fuels. Anything under 99 octane is void.

Likely at an airport, it's Low Leaded aviation fuel.

huh, sounds difficult

must be what those GTR's run on

Fuck octane booster.
Use wiper fluid.
Notice the good shit says "caution, flammable!" ?
I'm not even kidding.
Look it up...

>fake lap times