What can Veeky Forums tell me about the Dodge Neon SRT4?

What can Veeky Forums tell me about the Dodge Neon SRT4?

Wanted a small turbo car, something to DD and have a little fun with.
Was thinking about this or a Ford Fiesta ST.

Note:
I wont be modding this car, just something peppy to DD

If i dont reply ive probably fallen asleep but ill keep replying the next day.

Other urls found in this thread:

vw.niello.com/details.php?info=Pre-Owned_2008_Dodge_Caliber_SRT4&stock=V10716&id=86179
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I won't be modding this car

You should. The stock internals have retard strength. Getting 300HP out of it will be dirt cheap and not all that unreliable.

A 2002 or 03 WRX would be a better car in stock form.

this desu
you're doing the car a disservice if you leave them stock
they're shitboxes with engines begging for boost.

I love them but to play devil's advocate they're usually pretty raced when you buy them and Chryslers have pretty weak bushings etc. Since OP was thinking FiST though he has plenty of money for a good low mileage, unmolested SRT4 and then a one time mod to conservatively crank the boost up where he personally sets his comfort level. I guess this should be the mantra of all used turbo cars though.

"but I want to turn it up to 11 so I can beat mustangs hurr durr". Yeah I don't get that mindset either.

Lol no Fucking way. The old WRX is slow thanks to its AWD. The srt4 runs 13s stock

if I had the option and didn't care about looking like white trash the entire time I was driving and also didn't care about ride comfort at all I would get an SRT4 over my GTI, the SRT4 is a FAST car.
Faster than most cars anyway.

I wasn't really talking about the engines. If it's still running when you buy it with no knocks or anything you can drop the boost a couple PSI and nothing's going to pop. I meant the SUSPENSION. A cheap SRT4 will always shimmy and clunk and it's a pain refreshing suspensions unless you really enjoy that shit I guess.

Faster than ALL economy cars, I'd say unless you include Mustang which I don't. The kind of cars that challenge SRT4s get beat when they do. FiST is just now getting as fast as SRT4 was ten years ago.

do you let ford cum on your face? you reply like you enjoy jerking off ford, but you know its not right.
the SRT4 is truly an EXCEPTIONAL car truly rooting the EXCEPTION apart of it.

No No No.
I dont want to modify either car and theyll stay in Stock form while i own them.

I found an 05 SRT4 for 14k with 38k miles on it.
Again im leaving this car alone.

Get a Caliber SRT-4 then. Same thing, no?

Cobalt SS is a decent car to also consider.

theres literally no point to not mod it

I just bought a 2013 Focus ST with 60k miles for $14k from a dealer WITH a 3yr/36k warranty.

wtf are you talking about

Not at all.

I wanted a 4 door.
I drive a truck atm and the lack on interior space is getting kinda old after 5 years.

Okay then, go buy me all the parts to modify my future car, until then its going to stay BONE-STOCK.

Ill have to look into these too.
Theres a few Ford dealerships where i live and the Rednecks are always trading stuff in to try and buy lifted trucks.
Ill check the used lots for them.

Lets say you go to a sandwich shop, and buy a 12" sub sandwich for $6. If they offered to give you double meat on your sandwich for $0.05 you would absolutely say yes right? You're getting a lot more sandwich for not much more money.

That's what moding this car would do.
Refusing to mod your car is like saying that $0.05 for double meat is too expensive.

With a few parts for under $200 I bet, you could up your power substantially while keeping reliability. It would be IDIOTIC not to.

Cobalt SS comes in 4 door.

Also hhr ss

>wants a turbo car
>doesnt want to mod it

Stick to a fuckin NA car then if you wont do shit to it. You want a turbo car just to say 'it has a turbo'?

>implying i would ever go to a sanwich shop
>implying i cant make a better sandwich at home
No seriously, im NOT touching this car.
Let me enjoy it in its Stock Unmolested form.

Youre the kind of nerd that gets mad at someone with a Stock 240sx and no mods and you want the guy to drift it.

>not getting the point of an example

At this point no one wants to help you, and you can fuck off.
You aren't here to learn about cars, share the passion, or share the need for speed.

Please cry more.
Im trying to buy a decent turbo car that gets good MPGs.
I have a PreRunner i plan on building up with an engine/trans rebuild and a TRD S/C.

Why would i mod my future DD?

>What can Veeky Forums tell me about the SRT-4
It's a pile of dicks stock and you should mod it because that's why it exists
>WAHH WHY CANT YOU JUST LET ME ENJOY MY CAR

E'rrytime. Buy a Civic and GTFO.

I'm on the lookout for one of these right now. Very hard to find.

They're not as fast as stage 3 Neon SRT4's, but they're still really good for a turbo crossover.

Those actually dont look too bad.
Personally i wouldnt get Black but thats my opinion.

Unfortunately for me, if I find one, I'll probably want it no matter what color they are. They're so goddamn hard to find for a decent price. Too many people want $12/13k for them with over 100k on the meter.

If I had a choice, I'd want it in this color. Pearlcoat blue or teal.

fuck off cuck

you sound like a pretentious cuck

Ooh that is a nice color.
Id probably go with a Silver just so i can have it match with my truck.

Hmmm let me look those up and see if i can find any decent examples.
Maybe the tards will stop chimping out over the fact that i dont want to modify a car.

I would also get a better price per ounce if I bought my mayonaise in five gallon buckets, but I'm not going to buy my mayonaise in five gallon buckets.

Speed3 or Focus ST all other choices are retarded

Found an ad but has no pics.
vw.niello.com/details.php?info=Pre-Owned_2008_Dodge_Caliber_SRT4&stock=V10716&id=86179

Probably already gone.

>why are you ricing your car?

>ford fiesta st
have fun getting btfo'd by focus rs's

too bad caliber is a horrible platform

don't do that to yourself dude

We arent saying you have to buy srt4 part whole sale but any first grader knows that factory turbo cars are cheap as fuck to gain extra power from. See any babby with an sti and a cobb accessport

can you swap the srt4 motor into a first gen neon?

>get shitty plymouth neon expresso and drop this and build the suspension up
>???

>shatter assholes on the street

Too much work for me to even want to do that.
Id rather just buy an SRT4 and be done with it since i plan on building up my truck.

Yes, it's a common swap

Not really. The caliber SRT4's weren't known to have the issues that the normal calibers have.

Same goes with the Neon SRT4's.

You should if you have the extra refrigerated room and consume large amounts of mayonaise.

i'm seriously surprised people on an automotive board would even consider buying a fucking neon.

Fiesta se 1.0 ecoboost
Fiesta st
Focus st

It's an anime image board. Do you expect us to be rich? We don't even jerk off to real women here.

OP shouldn't really be here anyway

you saw that it can go 148mph in that other thread, just wanna let you know unless you live in farmville you arnt likely to have a ton of room to make that happen

i have one as a backup and its really dependable in that position, before that it was my dd for 7 months and 13k miles. Has never been in the shop not even once

The first gen Neon/neon acr was a very popular track car. They were an awesome bang for the buck.

The nsrt4 was 20k new yet was much faster than the cars in its class.

Or do you only like Hondas?

What point do you think youre making here man?

>a more expensive faster car will be faster than your car
>can u live with that??