Since magazines can't do anything right...

Since magazines can't do anything right, it's time for Veeky Forums to definitively decide the world's greatest drivers' car. The contenders:
>Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
>Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
>Dodge Viper GTS
>Ford Mustang GT350R
>Porsche 911 GT3RS
>Porsche Cayman GT4
Remember, these are drivers' cars. Pigfat, hybrids, AWD, and forced induction need not apply.

Rev up your shitposting and commence shilling for your favorite car that you never have and never will get the chance to drive. Recognition will be awarded for the best overall and the best value.

>it's time for Veeky Forums to definitively decide the world's greatest drivers' car
>it's time for Veeky Forums
No.

>those contenders

No.

And yes, the Miata and FR-S are conspicuously missing. If all goes well, they'll compete the Veeky Forums Drivers Car Championship: Kids Table Edition at a later date.

>Buttmad GT-R fanboy detected

GTR doesn't belong either.

You didn't put an age range for the cars, so all of your shit is wrong.

What cars do you think are missing?

Let's keep GT-R shitposting out of here. It exists for a different purpose.

Sorry, I thought it would be understood that I'm talking about cars currently in production.

>muh pigfat
>Not everything over 3000lbs
Anyways, even by your definition of pigfat, pigfat cars can be drivers cars. See: V12 Aston.

>Muh forced induction
A car with forced induction can be just as much of a drivers car. A 930 will be just as involving as a GT4, for example.

>Muh AWD
A lack of slip does not mean a lack of involvement.

Because they're not 2016 models - and the Miata already lost to the AMG GT last year.

I'm not saying those things are bad, but they're not things you put in a drivers car. Same with automatic transmissions. They're better than manuals for plenty of things but they have no place on a drivers car.

>Because they're not 2016 models
What did he mean by this?

Aston Martin v12 Vantage s
>manual
>v12
Americucks need not apply

not gonna lie, the new shelby GT is fat as fuck, but it's a good car. And it's only 60k, but competes with 100k or more cars. I really fucking hate mustangs but i like this one.

>but they're not things you put in a drivers car
A driver's car is about driver involvement, not about how it works mechanically. AWD and forced induction can still promote driver involvement.

You're kinda true about an automatic transmission - but if it deliberately shifts (heh) attention towards another aspect of the car that either requires it, or is more enjoyable, then yes, it can make it more of a driver's car. Most automatics aren't designed for this though - they're all about performance instead of stepping aside and highlighting a chassis, steering, or engine.

>What did he mean by this?
They do not offer anything new for their 2016 model, unlike, for example, the new GT-R, which has been significantly refreshed.

>60K
You try finding one at that pricepoint. They're regularly selling for 10 to 15K over MSRP - and 60K only gets you a regular 350, not the R.

It's a GT car in the same vein as the Jaguar F-Type. Both are too fat to compete. The Camaro may be as well; I only included it because the Mustang made it in.

60k msrp gets you a 350r. And yea, i was going off of msrp

>yes, it can make it more of a driver's car.
No, it can't. Ever. Under any circumstances. It's painful how close the 4C was to perfection.

60K MSRP gets you a buttload of nothing, or a nicely optioned regular GT with money left with gas. It most definitely does not get you a 350.

Except the 4C is a classic example of a gearbox taking up all the attention, and being rubbish at it.

Had that thing been actually good, and focused driver attention to the great steering or peppy small engine, it would've been amazing. However, that would've requried an amazing automatic, not just a good one - and Fiat used an abominable one.

There exists no automatic gearbox good enough to salvage the 4C. Or the 458, for that matter.

nigga, it says on ford's site, 62k msrp for 350r. Am i missing something here, or are you just talking out of your ass?

>There exists no automatic gearbox good enough to salvage the 4C.
One of VW's DCT's might be somewhere near good enough - but probably not.

>458
THat actually had a decetn DCT afaik. Yu're thinking of the F1 360's and 430's, which are utter shit - hence the price spike on manual models.

>Manufacturer
>SUGGESTED
>Retail
>Price
That suggestion may be true, but dealer's aren't sticking to it. I can't find a single 350R for 62K.

but i said i was going off of msrp for the 350r, and you said that 60k msrp wouldn't get you one, but it would.

Regardless, the car is really good for its price range and it seems like a really good drive.

It would only if you could directly buy from Ford for 62K, but sadly you can't. Fucking price gauging dealership assholes.

Still a good value for the money, agreed. Now let's see what the next Z/28 will do.

No, I was alluding to the fact that even what's arguably the best automatic transmission in existence isn't good enough to make up for the fact that it's an automatic. I'd own the fuck out of a 458 and drive it ragged, but it's still not a drivers' car.

right, let's leave it up to busriders who can't afford a single one

have never driven them

Obviously.

gt4

the fact that you stupid faggots think you know more about cars you could only DREAM of driving than people who drive them extensively is hilarious.

Yup GT350R wins hands down in this group of cars.

This is a fucking Ford contending with Astons, Mclarens, Vipers, etc and yet it produces an incredible laptime, is easily streetable as pre every single review, and is marginally cheaper than any other contender minus the SS 1LE (also a great value).

It's one of the best looking, produces 100hp per liter naturally aspirated, has magnetically variable dampers, manual transmission, IRS, and pretty great interior materials too.

I don't like mustangs much at all but shit man the GT350R is a dream of a car.

>9911
>911
Porsche won.

>Not snek

>not n/a enough to be a proper driver's car
>not turbo enough to be a proper Turbo
MAKE UP YOUR MIND PORSCHE

That's just a Carrera S, though. The GT3RS and GT4 are much better cars.

so op picks the cars we vote on?

uh no fuck off

>Porsche 911 GT3RS

cars without manual gearboxes need not apply either faggot

Porsche agrees, luckily. The 991.2 GT3 RS is rumored to come in manual as well.

Nononononon, the limited edition GT 3RS R with only 500 units will have that manual, of which 200 will be allocated to Northern America. MSRP will be about 160K USD, before the dealer markup and price gauging almost doubles that. That is, if you can find one, because they'll all be sold quicker then you can say ''dieselgate''.

I think the non-RS GT3 will have manual available

I'm pissed that they dismissed the amg GT just because it won last year

The MX-5, RX7, AW11, AE86, Volvo 240 and Twingo. And a blue corvette.

OP here, I wasn't actually aware of that. That was a very unfortunate decision by Porsche.

Of course that's not going to happen - but seeing how Porsche marketed the GT4, GT3 RS and 911R, it might happen once they make a manual GT3.

4 American cars vs 2 German cars

>4 american cars

TOP KEK

this is what happens when manufacturers care more about laptimes than driving experience

Japs don't care about drivers anymore. It's basically just Mazda and the Miat would get BTFOed in this company.

The problem is the Z07 aero package. It's the same reason the Corvette got #rekt by the Viper ACR at MRLS. The Z07 ductail is much higher drag than the ACR and NISMO wings, while providing less downforce. Taking it off doesn't even help because Z06 is already notoriously tail-happy at speed, even with the spoiler. If the Z07 package included the C7.R wing, it would easily outperform the GT-R NISMO and Viper ACR.

Porsche Cayman, objectively.

>laptimes
>laptimes
>laptimes

Every single car mentioned will be forgotten by history.

The 911R will remain, standing alone against understeering benchracing, electrics/hybrids with dull driving feedback, cartoonish styling appealing to children, and artificially exaggerated noise (looking at you Jaguar F-Type)

>4WD GT-R
>not even close to twice as fast as 2WD Corvette

it's great but you are vastly overestimating the appeal of it. the average casual car enthusiast probably won't ever know or care that this exists.

>since magazines can't do anything right
You're just assmad over their decision(s)

Missing from Honda Motors
>Civic
>Accord
>CRX
>S2000
>NSX
>Integra
>Prelude
>a whole bunch

Missing from Toyota Motors
>WRX
>Outback
>AE86
>FR-S/BRZ/GT86
>Supra
>MR2
>God dammit, I just can't list them all

Missing from Renault
>I dunno about actual Renaults, sorry
>Lancer
>Spyder
>Fairlady/Z car series
>Skyline/GT-R series
>I don't feel like pointing out my Nissan Scum status so I'll stop here

Missing from Suzuki
>

Missing from Daimler
>just realized I honestly know jack shit about German cars

Missing from Mazda
>MX-5/Mi@a
>RX-7/RX-8
>Mazdaspeed3

Missing from Ford Motors
>Probe GT
>Thunderbird
>Bronco II/Bronco
>Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis/Town Car
>some udders

Missing from Chrysler-Fiat
>Stealth
>Challenger
>300/Charger
>a lot of mopars, they might suck, but they are FUN to drive

I could go on, but my point is there.

Also
>Cayman
Slower than a Maxima

stopped reading at Honda Accord

Motor Trend said a Chrysler Cirrus and a PT Cruiser were their car's of the years not more than 20 years ago

Who the fuck cares what an auto mag thinks.