/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

Experimental New OP edition
>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - -- well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums (all games) - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - - play.freeciv.org - Free Civ

>Civilization VI
- To Be Added

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - -- dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - -- pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group - - - - - - steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive - - - - - - mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
- Manual - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki 1 - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
- Wiki 2 - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements for the game - - - - - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - - - - - - - -- mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

>/civ4xg/ Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wx8BVGHMiC0
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ0ZpccvYxw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valladolid_debate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am fond of new threads.

I am fond of pigs

first for /balt/

Get rekt.

What is a great zimbabwe anyway

>detterance
Learn to write.

>implying indians know how to spell

>take moscow from pete
>negative anemties kicks in right the next turn and spawns 3 infantry and an artillery right on top of it

> gave up Stellaris out of boredom yesterday
> reading the posts about finding WW2 Earth
> desire to play returns
> boot up save
> oh god it's still so boring
> slog on anyway
Fuck you WW2-user
Does Leviathans improve matters? Haven't taken the plunge and got it yet

Yeah, that's the one. You reckon it's safe? The Yellow planet too?

Haha

One little detail I'm glad paradox didn't leave out was the texture for Earth. It actually is Earth.

I think they declear war on -50 relations, or maybe it was -75.
I don't remember.

They get -20 or -40 with you depending on if they share the base form as you.
Like if you're both Mammalian.

The gaia planet is safe I think.
Try colonizing that one and see how much worse your relations get from border friction before colonizing the other.

is this a new hamster?

How do I get people to spread their religion to my cities?

just gotta wait. i don't think trade routes exert pressure anymore either

though if they do get one of your cities and it has a holy site you can buy missionaries and spread it yourself

Well if the Kongo are anything to go by, denounce fucking everybody.

>leaders have happy poses if you make a declaration of friendship with them

Wow

Now if only I could make friends with more than 1 civ

I think those poses are the same ones you see in their loading screens

>purge some aliens so i can terraform their planets to my standards
>entire universe hates my guts and wont let me out to kill bugs
well fuck you guys, i'll just sit and tech up more

Why can't I hold all these builders?

Ayo pham how you want your wars?

>builders are the most expensive things to buy/produce
this increase in production meme is fucking retarded

Don't forget them

>Firaxis will never hire the Yoshida Brothers to do the jap civ music
>youtube.com/watch?v=wx8BVGHMiC0 will never kick in when you declare a surprise war

Ask them not to.

I'd rather have youtube.com/watch?v=UJ0ZpccvYxw

Feels bad that stellaris will never be like distant worlds.

Are there any mods that make the mid and endgame of stellaris more fun and engaging? i lose fun quickly after reaching midgame, nothing really happens at that point.

because you aint chopping wood
chop
the
woods

>the telecommunications quote
actually quite good relationship advice tbqh

One time I actually had a "Big Three" alliance with Norway and Germany. I was going for a science victory, but after I allied with them Rome never declared war on me again. I had been in perpetual war with them since the start of the game.

Shit was cash.

I am fond of toes.

What the fuck is up with celtic?

>chinks are greeks

Ethics divergence affects how likely pops are gonna form factions, right?

I thought it affected how their ethics diverged from your own.

Indirectly. It affects how happy pops are, which in turn affects their faction-ability.

Well, that's the theory. In practice factions do nothing, ever, so you can let divergance run out of control and it won't cost you a thing. The only faction that ever revolts is slave factions, which is the one that isn't connected to happiness. And even then the slave revolts are pushovers that won't cause you any trouble.

send help

chopping woods is cheating

How unhappy are they?

>chopping woods when lumber mills exist
For what purpose

I only chop woods that are inside or reasonably close to my territory, as much as I'd like to pretend that sending a deep undercover builder squad to Aztecland and chopping down all their rainforests to magically have the Petra get instantly completed is realistic

Yeeeaah

Yeeeaah

Most are around 10-20% happiness.

I just noticed that -25% comes from "recently conquered" so I guess it'll get better soon

>tfw producing cossacks without horses or niter

>Most are around 10-20% happiness.
Yeah that's extremely low.
That's why you have factions.

>pure celt/germanic
>apparently have egyptian roots
That's bullshit.

What's the most deceptively strong Civ in 6?

Germany?

ur a fuken retard lol

>niter
>existing in Civ VI
Laughing

>german
>celts
>pure
t./pol/tard

Stop even debating this, before patch there is only Scythia and everything else is shit.

We can debate about it if they fix selling and hammers shit and then we will see what is strong etc.

Faggot

I am fond of Scythia.

Will I get warmonger pens for attacking civs other civs haven't found?

I want to explore the oher continent but about to try clear out this civ next to me too

Just ignore this, all AI will hate you anyway for this or other reason.

yes. The high production coupled with extra district passed pop limit makes your cities develop much faster than other civs

does civ vi have increased culture costs for having more cities?

Your seas are unprotected, friend. All too easy to raid.

I am fond of no scaling tech or civic costs.

>found both terraforming gases and liquids within the territory of the first 5 planets I've colonized
>now costs just a measly 1000 energy to terraform yellow/same climate planets
Guess I'll definitely be playing the terraforming game.

So, the epic time is completly broken.

I'm not even trying to get the scientific victory, yet I'm already in the modern world in the 16th century. The game really needs a fix.

You can skip a lot of techs and reach the atomic era at the XI century if you really want. It's pretty broke yeah.

Also, the devs, in their insurmountable faggotry, completely forgot the fact that most of the advances Europe did during the XVI-XIX century, both scientific and culturally, were due to how much we hated each other's guts and wanted to surpass the other. Right now warring is the worse you can do to advance quickly.

Put into perspective, the Roman world practically stayed the same for almost 5 centuries thanks to being a big, seemingly indestructible colossus that didn't have any real competition except the parthians and the sassanids.

Uncanny.

>Right now warring is the worse you can do to advance quickly.
Like half of the eurekas are related to military

I've done deity science victory in 1750

>soon
kek, that shit takes FOREVER to change

>mongrel projecting

China is a better example

> le war is the mother of invention meme
Nice to hear how all those advances in quantum chemistry and artificial intelligence just keep pouring out of Syria these days

>Implying Russia, EU and USA aren't testing new techs, weapons and learning tactics from the field.
>Implying this hadn't happened in the past a lot of times.

How did it went in the Viet-Nam?

He's a spurdo posting shitposter, just ignore.

a heretic is generally someone who doesn't believe or opposes catholicism
are there terms for people who oppose islam, judaism, buddhism etc? These religions must have a term that is similar

Total scientific techs: 69

Techs boosted by killing something: 6, all of then achievable against barbarians

Total cultural techs: 50

Techs boosted by killing something: 2, and once again all of then you can get then by killing barbarians.

My point stands, going to war against other civs is the worse you can do to advance in the tech trees, contrary to what history has shown time and time again.

The fact that you say history shows us anything is proof that you are not a historian.

ok mate, whatever you say.

Does overflow stack continuously or something?
I 1 turned like 7 archers and then all of a sudden I could 1 turn a wonder or a district.

Yeah. For kebabs, it's "infidel".
For Jews, it's "goi".
For buddhism, it's "sinner".

>infidel
this is what I was looking for, thanks

"infidel" is in no way linked to muslims
fucking ignorant american

Christian also used the term "unbeliever", but it was more toward atheists.
Heretics were really people that actively went against Christianism and tried to harm it, while unbelievers were passive. Heretics were actively hunted down, while unbelievers were not considered humans.

Fun fact : it was one of the excuses given to justify the slaughter of the americans natives, as it was said that only promises between christians were worth anything.

Why are you fucking americans?

Heresy is like an offshoot from a religion. Protestants are heretics to the Catholic church. Shiites are heretics to Sunnis.
Someone that believes in an entirely different religion has different names but they all roughly mean the same. Infidel, heathen or pagan.

Infidel is what catholics called muslims isn't it? At least originated by catholics. Nowadays muslims use it for non muslims

>It was one of the excuses given by the english colonists to justify the slaughter of the americans natives, as it was said that only promises between christians were worth anything.

ftfy

War isn't but competition is, and Syria lacks the infrastructure to do anything anyway.
AI and computers were originally miltary (computers more pure math) and chemistry got a huge boost from government funding to get weaponry.

Not just the Englishes.
The Spanish and Portuguese conquistadors did it too, to justify Atahualpa's murder despite the ransom being paid.

A heretic isn't a christian-only term let alone catholic only
Heretics generally claim to be the same religion but disagree on key points while heathens are just a different religion.

I am fond of blasphemers.

>norway is my neighbour
>take control of his cities
>all have holy sites taking up district slots

why can't i destroy districts

This thread is becoming dangerous.

I dunno about the portuguese, but in law, since almost the very beginning of the conquest, the kings of Castille deemed the natives as royal subjects and as such, they required to be treated the same as an spaniard. The Catholic kings tried to further enhance this by encouraging mixed matrimonies bettwen the natives and the spaniards, which ave birth to the tradition of mixed races of latinamerica.

It's true that the encomienda system fucked up the natives, but that had much more to do with the greedyness of the colonists than any kind of ethical justification like the english colonists did.

Finally, during 1551-1552 there was a serious debate about how america and the natives should be treated and governed, which gave birth to the first laws of protection toward natives in human history.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valladolid_debate

Meanwhile, the anglos would happily keep killing natives for the next 300 years without a single shred of scruples.

I like danger.

I always took infidel to mean the same as heretic; someone who is against a particular religion and and stronger term than just being a heathen (no faith) or pagan (meme gods)

danger is my middle name

Same reason you cant move the city to a slightly better location. It's a part of the city, don't like it, burn the city.

The Belgians are worse. I read some stuff they did in Africa. Apparently, if you weren't productive enough, they would go to your house, cut your wife's and kids' hands, and take them.

So Distant Worlds