What edition of the Subaru Impreza would you recommend for a first time buyer?

What edition of the Subaru Impreza would you recommend for a first time buyer?

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5798372861.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

None they are over rated jap shit boxes

the one that's a honda civic

This. For 3k.

Get an 02-05 WRX, make sure it has the appropriate service records.If by any chance there is none, RUN these cars can be ticking timebombs if they have not been maintained. Do not buy a used one without having a pre-inspection

A new one is the only option. The first owner will lose $10k in depreciation in 100,000 miles. The second owner will lose $5k in depreciation and $10k in replacing tons of broken shit in the next 100,000 miles.The third owner will be a dumb teenager who wraps it around a tree.

This is the established life cycle of the WRX.

1999 2.5 rs was the peak of US model impreza styling.

the wagon

When I shopped, I was focused on a non-WRX, base model Imprezas. What I understood is to agree to pay a bit more for one maintained at a dealership without any odd fixes/parts replacements history. The 2.5 engine are picky with the maintenance of certain liquids which can increase chances of leaky gaskets which is not an uncommon issue.

If the WRX or STI weren't so beaten around I would have considered those, but no... wouldn't trust those.

you wait and find the right one, 57k miles here on an 05

You forgot the 10k appreciation after its been fixed and then hits 200k miles, with an eBay stage 13 kit

Or that!

I'm searching for a E30 325i, and I'm sometimes losing it at how overpriced they are! Really have to learn to be patient.

Subaru literally has the best resale value of any car brand.

vape nation costumer loyal. vape juice can probably melt steel beams.

None you can't afford one used in the south east.

Whatever the newest model is.
I'm not kidding. People drop shitloads of miles on these, most them being hard miles considering its geared to be sporty.

Yeah, you have the occasional anecdote grandpa purchase, but the majority have many owners, many miles, many launches, many mods and too much of an asking price. Buy a new one or don't buy one at all.

Get a legacy gt

Speaking as someone who just bought a 2017 model, buy a new one. These cars get beaten within an inch of their life by their owners. Even if it's a few years old, it's entirely possible it was a failed project car that was traded in as things were grenading. It's the only time where buying new is a better idea.

losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5798372861.html
>this whole thread

This

That looks like a nightmare to do anything on.

>cai

Meanwhile I just got this things engine back from the machine shop. Purchased for 500. Supposed over heated. Warped block and heads.

>calling a short ram with a heatsheild a cai
Cold air intake go in the fenderwell retard. Because you know...cold air sinks? And it picks up air from under the vehicle?

57K miles on an '05 STi

None because:

>They look retarded unless you are 14
>They do 10 mpg
>They are expensive to insure/tax/maintain
>Fussy on fuel grades
>Interior made out of old biscuit tubs

But if you are a total fucking mongoloid and have to buy one, go for a STi wagon from the late 90s

Got sny sources for those?

If it's a base model, whatever will do fine.

WRX, the newest one. Don't even consider a used WRX because it'll have been beaten to death and now the owner wants to flog it to some poor sap on Craigslist to so that he can afford more vape juice and a Focus ST.

STi, start from the newest one and work your way down. It gets better and better, but they live hard lives and maintenance on older ones adds up.

Boxer engines will never be as efficient as an inline-4, and there's drivetrain loss and increased fuel mileage as a consequence of full-time AWD. Needs premium because tarbo.

Blame insurance on vapers and retards who wrap them around poles.

Interior is bland, but you don't buy a WRX or STi for the interior. Looks are subjective, and as tamed as it is compared to its predecessors there's still something ricey and wild about the hood scoop, shark fin, and whatever else it'll come with.

Those aren't sources. Thats opinion. As for the interior, its not bad, just nothing special

Tfw i am the thrid owner of my wrx rip

Better watch out for trees

can confirm. dumb 3rd owner teenager.

Blue spoiler and yellow hood da fuck

BUGEYE (2nd Generation Impreza)
>2002 [First USDM WRX, known for having a weak transmission]
>2003 [Slightly better transmission]

BLOBEYE (2nd Generation Impreza)
>2004 [First USDM WRX STI, if you see a