What does Veeky Forums think of this particular car?

What does Veeky Forums think of this particular car?
Not the modern viper, the first one ever.

cool miata bro
do you suck dicks for a living?

>only comes in Manuel

Illegal by modern standards, and probably had something to do with getting certain safety features mandated.

A classic.

beautiful and simple in design.

Citroen 2CV in the background has smaller panel gaps.

The engine was great and innovative at the time. The chassis and body was garbage. Pretty much straight from concept to production. No aero testing, it's actually bad aerodynamically speaking and just learning how to create some can turn suspension.

It's a fiberglass nightmare that destroys itself if you close the hood incorrectly. No windows, no roof, no nothing, and kiss your calves goodbye because you are 100% guaranteed going to hit the exhaust. Driving one is an episode. There's nothing but torque, the gears are very tall, and there are no assists. Fun to drive every once in a blue moon, but not something I would want to do on the daily or every weekend.

Sneaky Pete'll getcha

Trust me, automatics in the '90s were terrible. They're nothing like they are today.

I like 'em. I like how they managed to be an homage to the old Shelby Cobra (and later the Daytona with the GTS), but still be distinctly it's own thing.

Also, those rad side pipes were totally worth the leg burns. It's a shame they deleted them for the Gen-II.

I think it's underrated. 50 years from now it will be considered the best viper and a highly coveted classic. It was pretty much the first mainstream American "supercar".

and I was talking about this one not the rt/10

This car is not for idiots. Pretty heavy V10 upfront, they're expensive to service, expensive to insure. Rev-happy and heavy-footed boy racers will die in this car.

The very first Viper is the only good one ever made imo.

>No outside door handles
>No glass
>no roof
>parts bin car

Gay.

This.

What a surprise; the version of the viper that Veeky Forums has the smallest chance of being able to afford is "best".

$30,000 RT/10 vs $130,000 ACR.

You can get a clapped first gen for under $20k. I found one for $18k that had been keyed, was really tempted, I can only imagine the great story that led to the angry wife going to town on it

Rt/10 vipers were the best.
>mfw will never own a mustard and ketchup viper

>someone hops in
>hotwires it
>drives off
>smashes it against the wall
>can't simply replace it
all because of
>no roof
>no outside door handles

How is a 50 hp per liter innovative at the time

>inb4 yuro/ricer

Everything you made sense, except there is a removable roof and there is a button for the door.

More or less it was the badass design surounding the v10. Coming from a company on it last limb that was making boring ass cars.

V12

Uh, sorry got squirrelly with the posting finger there. Meant to say, weren't the really models a v12? Or has such a beast never existed?

PNS CAR

It's a mid engine front mounted and aluminum block.

No a v12 never existed. Chrysler owned Lamborghini at the time and they helped with the engine block design though.

Straight line speed and hp numbers were more important than track times back then. 400hp was super car territory in 1990. The corvette was making 350hp

>Tfw Team Oreca Chrysler/Dodge viper GTS-R

best of all time