So I have a Mercedes C250 coupe that got into a collision (wasn't my fault...

So I have a Mercedes C250 coupe that got into a collision (wasn't my fault, drunk motherfucker ran a red) and I don't exactly have the money to send it to get repaired but my father took a look at it for me and he's under the impression that I could possibly fix it myself

He says the chassis is fine, that it's drivable, and that the only thing that looks like it needs replacing is the radiator but that almost everything aside from external aesthetic damage and the wheel looks alright

He's been badgering me to repair it myself and this is obviously a daunting task for someone that has no auto repair experience and I wanted to know exactly how the fuck would I even begin with this or if this is even a feasible solution

He offered to pay for any parts I need repaired

I'm not home at the moment but I will post pictures very soon

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/fBCCIpo,0ewj5Qt,GkEOdJn,nEYCwik,hwZtiL2,dzRybgl,vrulEu5,qBCOch1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Addendum my dad is a physician and isn't certified with cars at all but I mean he has experience

No insurance? Sue that fuck.

Body parts are easy to replace, you can just order them on ebay or whatevs. Radiators are pretty easy too, just a few bolts and hoses.

The real worry is if the collision compressed any part of the body, this makes it much harder to replace parts. Not really something you can fix with no expereience.

Also your not gonna be able to paint it, but the more work you can do yourself the less the body shop will charge you.

I would start with some jewtube videos.

>ran a red and hit me
You should've double-checked before entering the intersection.

There is always a forum that will have threads or stickies of basic car repair for you're specific model. The communities exist.

You can have a friend or family check it out but if you're confident it's just the radiator and you have a garage all you'll need is a tool set and patience to read every word and study every image that will be ina repair guide for your car.

It might take some time but it'll be good for learning about cars if you like them lol. If you're dad is paying take this chance buy good parts, and ask the community for your car about it. I'm sure they'd love to help. Veeky Forums is for general talk.

I hope you like cars senpai

I don't believe you
Take out the negative battery terminal
Drain the coolant( a butterfly screw or a Phillips screw in the lower part of the radiator, disconnect all the hoses, if it's auto, there are two small hoses put those up when you unplug them,
Disconnect fans, take out the fans( probably 10 mm screw)

Take out the radiator
Put the new one, put the fans, connect everithing where it was, fill the radiator with coolant, let the cap open
Connect negative terminal
Start the engine and wait, the coolant level is going to go down and you going to keep filling until the cars temperature start going up, close the cap

Turn the emgine and let it there for 30 min, if does not overheat is probably fine, the next day check the radiator coolant level and pour more if need it

I'd be worried about doing any work since you should let insurance handle it all. You'd hate to get half way there, get stuck, and then insurance won't cover anything due to damage after the wreck done.

>Mercedes driver
>Double checking

m.imgur.com/fBCCIpo,0ewj5Qt,GkEOdJn,nEYCwik,hwZtiL2,dzRybgl,vrulEu5,qBCOch1
Pix

Your dad knows cars? You want to know cars?

Take pics of the damage, get a proper mechanic to analyse them. Maybe even pay him to look at the car. Get a list of what's fucked.
Then you have a project car with your dad.

That thing is fucked. I bet your alignment is off.

He doesn't seem to think my alignment is off, idk

Do YOU not have insurance? If the other person was at fault why isn't HIS insurance paying for this? Post some real pictures?

If you have absolutely no experience with cars, trying to repair accident damage yourself is not a good place to start learning, and you'll end up spending/wasting more money than a decent shop would have charged your insurance company to fix it

The processes would be as follows:

-Get it to towed to an actual collision repair shop who can put it up on a laser alignment and actually tell you if the chassis fucked or not and what the alignment looks like. This is the only real way to know. If the chassis is fucked, the car is totalled, you should have already been running this through insurance

-If the frame actually is ok, then you need to pull off and price all the cosmetic parts that are damaged. Brace yourself, mercedes body panels are stupid expensive.

-After you have pulled off and inventoried all the cosmetic pieces, if the radiator looks bent in any way, you'll have to pull it off and replace it.

-After you do that, start it, and evaluate how well it runs. other issues may need to be corrected as they appear, especially suspension components, depending on where you actually got hit

-If you found nothing else, you'll need to find someone with a Mercedes compatible diagnostic computer to hook up and reset the SRS system/scan for any other tripped codes

-Then you will need replace all damaged cosmetic components, THEN get a quote from a decent paint shop and what it will be to get it resprayed

You up for all that champ?

Never mind he does but he just wants me to replace and fix what I can

see
Not something you even wanna think about unless you actually know what the fuck you are doing

The insurance thing is complicated

Sure, I'm up for it, thanks for the rundown, really gets me motivated

Your dad is a moron, that thing is super fucked. Go through the drunk assholes insurance you fucktard.

My dad is a brilliant doctor while you're some pseudo mechanic neckbeard wallowing in his own shit posting from his mother's basement in Arkansas

Get some perspective before you be nasty anonymously over the Internet friend, and if you had any sense at all you'd deduce that the insurance option is out of the question

God be with you then, it's......lets just say risky to handle accident repair outside insurance on something like a Mercedes

Also, since you're still in the thread, just for comparison this amount of damage totalled my mother's C Class. You really REALLY don't want to start trying to tear apart a car that should have been written off

And this is Veeky Forums, what the fuck is up that put insurance off the table? If you're telling the truth, you could sue the other driver and easily win.

Pic is you when you realize the rest of this thread is going to be memeing on you because you're such am easily triggered daddy's boy.

Not the guy you replied to, by the way.

You can tell he's some imgur faggot by the way he has to defend his father's dipshit opinions. He probably did some dumb shit that's fucked his insurance situation, too.

>dad is brilliant
>shot blanks when he made you

You need to be 18+ to post here, son.

Awww yes. Catstang 2.0

Please continue and post regular updates of your repairs.

yeah, talking about easily triggered faggots...