/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) __ well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums _ _ _ _ civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 _ _ _ __ play.freeciv.org

>Civilization VI
To Be Added

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) _ dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot _ multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding _ modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop _ steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods _ _ _ _ _ _ forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods _ _ _ _ _ __ pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group _ _ _ _ _ _ steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive _ _ _ _ _ __ mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations _ pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual _ cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki--1 _ endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki--2 _ endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements _ pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories _ _ _ mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

>/civ4xg/ Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/591i5m/my_detailed_feedback_on_13_weapon_types_and/
reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/5954ve/13_ship_roles_load_outs_and_configurations/?st=iuz6hhqb&sh=cadf159f
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the quality of this general has really gone down hill tbqh

the quality of u has stayed at a consistent low though

Age of Wonders III is on sale, but the expansions are on a much shittier sale.

How is it vanilla?

Welp I just got fucking rekt by an iltary isolationist fallen empire 50 years into my game. Time to start again.

>How is it vanilla?
I had fun playing through the commonwealth campaign.
Not sure why but I never got into skirmish. Late tier units seemed a bit too dominant. Can't swarm them easily due to the small stacks.
The other campaign turned me off since I liked the previous games so honorable noble orcs didn't work for me.

this seems like it'd be pretty neat if the ai ever fucking built ships

I am fond of vicky

Oh great a fallen empire right next to my borders.

Cleopatra denounced your small dick.

>Turn 65 on ebic
>Barbarians razing resources
>Have killed 4 horse archers
>7 horsemen
>its all coming from one camp

BUILD WALL.

Let's see how small she thinks it is when I shove it up her asp.

I am fond of Cleo.

Cleo must have had a billion STDs so I can live with this.

She always wars me within 3 turns of finding her.

>have the 3rd highest military rating
>higher than Cleo
>UR WEAK XD

civ 6 would've been the perfect game to reuse the Great Wall wonder ability from civ 4.

She managed to denounce me for being weak while I was highest in military score. I think her algorithm for that agenda counts separate units, not combined military power.

if they aren't isolationists then it's good. Mean they will defend your back as no one can go through

I mean, this is starting to get dumb. Because its horsemen, I can't even slip my settler over there to gobble up their camp to disappear it. They are literally rekting everything I have and my two warriors+archer are overwhelmed. Need to get walls for my new city I am trying to get up if it gets attacked, so Spearmen are still a distant possibility 20 turns down the line.

but right now, barbarian scum waves need to go.

So do you think if you massed troops at her borders she would compliment you on your giant corps before asking you to move move?

Not if she gets the complete opposite of her original agenda as her secondary one :^)

at least you are not like this guy over here

Australian DLC with John Howard as a playable leader WHEN

They just need to tone down the barbarian spawnrate for slower games. On Standard/Quick you just build a few spearmen and the problem goes away.

how shitty do you have to be for barbs to be a problem

I am literally getting drowned in horsemen because the barbarian camp is so nearby. The scout can walk to my border and retreat back to the camp.

There should be internal CD on horde spawning.

This happens more often then it should desu.

Fallen empires should always spawn away from players.

What, I don't remember powerhubs having adjacency bonus

hi, is Civ Vi good? Don't really trust big site rewievs. I really hate the artstyle, but it's Civ so gameplay >>>> all

basically should I wait 2 years for expansions?

you'll be dead by then so just play it now

>basically should I wait 2 years for expansions?
No but a patch or two and some mods would be wise. Only viable way to play 6 now is MP, and even that is plagued by balance and UI problems.

why did you say that

How do I into slavery for Stellaris? Is it viable? Do I enslave every pop working food and minerals? And what do I do about the factions, the influence cost to suppress them seems pretty strong.

>Not Whitlam

slavery is fucked. all your pops fucking hate it and rebel. It's a pain in the ass.

Fucking, two leviathans hogging two systems where I want to expand, one of which instagibbed my science ship, and as if that wasn't enough I started next to an empire who was slightly advanced and bumrushed my first colony. I mean, I got it back, but still.

Patch when?

Well, that's fairly normal, i'd be worried if they enjoyed forced manual labor. But, is it viable overall, or to much of a pain in the ass to manage?

no I mean even your pops that aren't enslaved hate it, and yes, I've found it's too much of a pain to manage. You might be making a little bit more food and minerals but at the cost of global happiness which then lowers your energy and research output, plus the influence cost to manage is way too much.

What are the settings and playstyle to have the most fun with Stellaris?

Because I'm sure not finding it with anything I've tried.

How the fuck do I get rid of war weariness

It took me like 3 eras to get everyone to make peace and now Dehli has been stuck at -8 for at least 10 turns now

it depends on the spawning
like said, if you end up in a situation where a camp can see your borders they will spawn a horseman/horse archer every two turns

>sending my patrol fleet around crushing pirates/enemas before science ships come across them
>fleet was maybe 50k strong
>come across this guy
>deal 0 damage
>had to emergency ftl
>heal up
>throw combined assault/patrol/defence fleet at it
>300k all up
>still no damage
What the fuck is this guy made of?

what have you tried?
I had some good fun using the separate human races mod and making all ai other human nations that after we all were forced to leave earth due to whatever event, roamed the stars in different directions to settle elsewhere, fast forward a bit and we're back to fuck each other up again on a galactic scale

So, I've heard some people say that Hyperspace Lanes have been nerfed. I've never used them -- I've been using Wormholes, but I'm getting tired of the micromanagement. Does this mean that Hyperspace Lanes aren't worth using, and I should switch over to Warp?

Small galaxy for comfy and preventing end game lag if you get a war in heaven with maxed AI but no advanced starts.

Fanatic spiritualist xenophobe. Use the theocratic republic and laugh as domestic problems become something other people have to deal with while you purge their filthy unclean races from the galaxy.

I currently have a -782 relations modifier with humans because I purged some of their planets out of spite, most of the galaxy hates me for said purging, and my people live in an idyllic post scarcity utopia protected by the mightiest fleet in the galaxy.

Yes, hyperlanes used to have the advantage of being the only FTL you could engage in a systems gravity well, they nerfed that and now it's just shit slower warp that gets fucked in the ass by random choke points.

Any Barbarian camp falls to a couple archers, and if they're that close, it's easy to get Archers in a defensive position near the city.

The answer to any early game aggression is always to just get more Archers. If you want to expand and horse archers are being cunts, you'll probably need a spearman or two, but if you can expand and therefore don't need production to bring out more archers, you're pretty much good to go anyway.

As a general rule, should I go out of my way to get tech boosts, or just not worry about it?

>but if you can expand and therefore don't need production to bring out more archers
that was a really fucking stupid sentence

As a generall rule - it's stupid not to, unless you a rushing a tech for this or that reason. If you are playing on lover difficulties it's not mandatory, but higher you go more important it get,s

You should plan around the ones you want. But pretty much everything you do will boost something, also, you can research things and stop at 60% to not waste the boost.

Some parts of the trees are literal dead-ends so you can ignore them completely.

So in my very first Stellaris game, all of a sudden (maybe after the research of some tech or some event) a bunch of habitable planets popped up in system that I had already surveyed, and the habitability of my own planets went up to 100% from 60.

This completely flew right past my head while I was busy with other stuff, so I was wondering:

What tech or event caused this?

Covert Infiltration vs Technological Enlightenment on primitive civilizations? They appear to be Spiritualist and Militaristic, while I am Materialistic. Can I make them Materialistic?

Just a misplaced comma and a repeated word, really
Or you could bracket it

"but if you can expand (and therefore don't need more production to bring out more archers) you're..."

>300k

Did you add a zero in there or is your game just completely broken? Cus' it took me like 30-35k, max-upgraded lasers to kill it. It'll take a while, and it regenerates health, but you can definitely do it.

Probably a mix of passive habitability increases and/or you have a new species in your empire that prefers those planets.

I played two games to completion and I have no desire to play again until the game has been fixed, right now the AI is not just retarded but also insane, on top of that the UI is obnoxious and the game is hiding too much information from the player. Also Sumeria is OP. It's just hard to go from Civ v which is great, specially with mods, to Civ vi, which is not awful, it's just not great.

TLDR;
Wait until it's been patched.

So I should use Warp, then, if I'm tired of dealing with Wormholes?

Yep, hyperlanes are functionally identical to warp now except they have to follow extremely rigid paths. There's no upside to them anymore whatsoever.

there's no longer 100% tolerance for alien slavery under certain governments and ethos?

They still don't have travel time like warp does, do they?

what's good income for a planet in stellaris? i had a 124 mineral income planet, wondering if i should've screencapped it?
it wasn't even maxed out

Does anybody have some pro tips for building ships and fleets in Stellaris? Specifically which components/weapons to use. All of the guides I've found are very much outdated and obsolete.

Oh, nevermind. It's because it was counting robots.

Next question: how good are robots?

Check immigrations, mabe some illegal aliens snuck into your borders

robots are slaves without emotions
don't they give 80% or something additional mineral income?
put them on your mineral planets

>tfw you just want to make space great again but the bugs are coming

Is "Integrate Subject" a guaranteed trade deal, or are there any asterisks?

Because I invested in some Fungoid-friendos and enlightened them, and now it says in about 10 years I can integrate them

Does that mean all of their stuff is 100% mine?

I haven't played Stellaris in ages, what did they do to my Hyperdrives?

Can you still be a complete cunt, bombarding planets all over an empire and then skedaddle as soon as a fleet shows up?

Is Stellaris a better game than Civ 6?

hyperlanes were so good for that shit
>the instant the enemy enters the sector you teleport out, they literally cannot reach you in time
or under times of duress
>send a sacrificial lamb to occupy the enemy while the rest of your forces finish flying away

Are apples better than oranges?

Thanks, man.

That's a shame, based on what is saying, it sounds like Hyperlanes were a ton of fun.

Hopefully the next patch restores what made them unique.

they're both pretty bad
they both have an awful/non-existent diplomacy system
they both have garbage ai that can only beat you by having vast statistical boosts
they both have ai that forces you to spec military
they're both laughably easy to win singleplayer against the ai
civ6 is more polished though

That's kind of mitigated by warp being able to do 1 jump instead of 8 though.

Would you forgive me if I linked you to some Reddit pages?

kek, no. Even with the broken shit that will be patched civ 6 is still better

lasers > all

>is your game just completely broken?
could be that, i'm using the starwars turbolasers mod to go with the empire ships, could be they just do no damage to it for whatever reason

Yeah, that's fine, unless it's the outdated Reddit one that shows up as the first result on Google.

ES2 or Stellaris?

>Were

Paradox, why.

I don't believe so.

It was written for 1.3, but I don't believe 1.3.1 did anything to ships or weaponry, did it?

Give your money to The Frogs for absolute haram

Nah, the one I'm thinking of was written back in like march and had a bunch of weird slot rules that don't apply to 1.3, so link away.

They have to change it back.

There's no reason to use Hyperlanes right now.

Great, here you go.

It's been helping me quite a bit, and encouraged me to focus more on Kinetics, which I'd always ignored before.

Weapons: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/591i5m/my_detailed_feedback_on_13_weapon_types_and/

Ships: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/5954ve/13_ship_roles_load_outs_and_configurations/?st=iuz6hhqb&sh=cadf159f

6M plasma cruisers with a destroyer screen for PD for generic purposes, for fallen empires or unbidden you're better off using massed kinetic artillery due to heavy shield tank, add a MASSIVE PD screen vs the fallen empire because they fucking love strike craft or just add a hanger on your ships with fighters it it.
Your A slots should be exclusively shield regen modules and avoid XL slots, they sound cool but they're pretty undertuned right now and lose out to the multiple L slots that they replace.

>start new game of stellaris
>do really well in the early game
>by 2300 i am the biggest empire in the galaxy
>only empires that are capable of fighting me are fallens
>everyone else is pathetic compared to me
>no desire to play this run anymore
back to being comfy small

the worst part is that you can't even blob because you can only take two or three planets at a time

basically every paradox game

I'm actually so tired of fallen empires

I think I'll just turn them off from now on

I just destroyed a pirate station in stellaris and it said I recovered their strong room module but I can't seem to install it or find it anywhere.
Google or the wiki doesn't even seem to think it exists so I guess it was added in the last patch.

it just gives you some energy and minerals m8, that's all it is

>I recovered their strong room module
yeah, you get a lump sum of minerals/ energy. it's not an actual module you can install on a station or anything senpai

I've mostly been shoving all my trade routes internally for that glorious production boost in all my cities. Is there any good reason to get international ones?

That's kind of lame.

civ 6 ai is fucking atrocious. forcing myself to try and have fun.

More money, more faith. Some civics give bonuses for international routes.