E-Commerce

Who's currently running e-commerce as their primary business?

1. Niche/s?
2. Age?
3. Gross Profit?
4. Dropship/other fulfillment services?

I've tried a few times but failed. My main project was a green tea blend designed for weight loss.
I'm 25. Made a few sales a week before giving up. Did it as cheap as possible and used free e-commerce.

Interested to know what you do op?

Amazon FBA is where it is.

I run a shopify site for a brick and moartar game store, i also run our amazon and ebay and TCGPlayer sales operations.
We do a mix of FBA and our own fufillment. as well as an FBA like service through TCGPlayer.

Don't run an e-commerce site per se. Started a digital currency exchange. Less than a week old and starting to get a bit of momentum.

I'm doing outdoors/campings equipment
no sales yet
aliexpress dropshipping

How you planning to get sales?
What ecommerce platform you with?

What does Veeky Forums think of woocommerce?

- homesick/emmigrant shoppers
- ~$250k
- private auto dropshipping
what keyword research tools are we using? Longtail Pro, SEM Rush, Majestic
anyone have new tips?

1. Clothing
2. 26
3. 10k month and growing
4. Not dropshipping. I buy the clothes myself and sell them online

1. Nothing
2. 23
3. $ 0.00
4. Nope

What kind of clothing?

It's good though a bit confusing for first timers
just use the free plug-ins for payment processing.

e commerce doesnt work in UK. too saturated

Tough in the US too. Big country and nobody wants to pay shipping.

Looking like another 20% drop from last year so I'm winding down unless the election really changes something.

1. Pic Related
2. 23
3. ~$1k USD/week/site (usually a little less than that)
4. Drop ship via aliexpress and woocomerce

I prefer it over shopify.
Anything specific you're trying to find out about it?

Both of these statements are false.
You both just suck at it.

Does everyone of you use alibaba as the source of your products or is there any other way?

what niche are you in?

I used to run a tactical gear website that utilized dropshipping but it was way too expensive the advertise in that over saturated market to make it worth the time.

Looking at buying a few niche tools from China that I use for my day to day job. American made tools cost $120 and my tool can be sold at $80 and can probably buy at $60 plus shipping. The Chinese tool lasts about 80% to 90% as long as the american made tool (these tools are consumables and wear down with use).

Any advice on getting started selling online? I'll have some money coming in this month from a contract I'm about to get and planning on using part of this money to get this going?

can you give more details ? this sounds interesting

Email me ezimatesb,at,gmail,com

DIY electronics
Around $1000 a week
nope

I just buy stuff from aliexpress and then resell them in my 3rd world country, I ship them or sometimes I deliver personally in big orders within my city. Buying from international sites isn't too widespread here. Just some side job for extra beer money

>around $1000 a week
Around $100 a week, whoops extra zero.

I wish i made $1000 a week with this,

Don't want to give out too many details as it is in its infancy and will be easy to copy. All i am going to say is that it is like localbitcoin for other types of currency (not shitcoins). Having a hard time processing payments at the moment. Do you have any recommendations?

bump

I don't get AliExpress, you can buy single items as an individual so what's to stop someone just buying from there rather than you? Also the shipping is extortionate! Why wouldn't you just buy items from eBay with lower shipping costs? Am I missing something?

Translation: It didn't get me rich in 3 easy steps so it doesn't work.

Nope, eBay and Amazon have conditioned many people to expect free shipping.

I wouldn't expect a drop shipper from Alibaba to get that.

These people are:

A) roleplaying (it's Veeky Forums)
B) drop shipping the cheapest of cheap trinkets*

*Because the American consumer mentality is such that it won't pay $9.99 to ship a 1C item but it will pay $12 to ship an "$11.99" item for 1C. The middleman skims that extra $2 off for doing absolutely nothing as a drop shipper never even takes possession.

That's why eBay is always trying to foist free shipping on sellers and Amazon loves the $4.99 flat rate. Neither are accurate because the real cost is just built into the item price. But the search/sort algorithms give preference to "free/cheap" shipping and people fall for it.

But then these are the same people who pay $50 to get into a comic-con carrying no money and think there's some magical connection between the organizer and the vendors that entitles them to massive discounts. I have had people literally ask "why are you charging retail for this? I paid $X to get in here!" as if I could/would do anything about the cover charge. Another is when someone whips out their phone and completely ignores the shipping charge online when haggling. Or has a conniption that a licensed business would dare charge sales tax. Man, the worst was the guy who wanted to CHARGE** a $3 purchase and couldn't believe it added 18C tax and walked.

**All CC processors charge a flat 29C fee before their %fee. When I started a professional job where the office went to non-McDonalds-tier restaurants, they would not take a CC for orders under $10 because of that.

Interestingly enough, there's been a definite shift to cash-only at these events. When I got my Square reader, I did ~30% of my sales that way. Now there are shows it doesn't get used at all.

>non-McDonalds-tier
Actually, let me add some context here because this site skews pretty young. Years ago, you could not use a CC to pay at a fast food restaurant. I expect it was precisely because a Big Mac meal cost about $3 and a 29C processing fee was an immediate 10% hit. Now that prices are up and people seem poorer in aggregate, it makes more sense to accept cards.

1. fashion
2. 19
3. $500 - $5k / day, it varies quite a lot and it's never set in stone (a few weeks ago when I launched the service I was barely making $20 a day). The growth has been amazing to say the least and it's only looking to increase.
4. dropship

english isnt my first language, so i'm gonna ask, what is "dropship"?

Drop shipping is a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer, another retailer, or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price, but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.

Source: Wikipedo

are drop shippers considered retailers?

so for example, the retailer (me) buy the product on aliexpress or something similar, and put the customer adress on the delivery adress field?

thanks user.

but i'm wondering, what about the shiping time?
because i assume most peoples here who do that buy product from china, but the time between ordering and delivery can be prety long.

wouldnt that make the customer run away?

I used to sell fake bullion on the darknet.
Would order fake gold bullion from aliexpress for $1.50 a bar, then sell it for $25 (not including shipping) on alphabay.
The funny thing is I was charging a fraction of what others were.
I was at it for about 3 weeks and I only made 2 sales, one of which I cancelled.
Stopped when I found out that the postal service doesn't like you mailing coins and bullion.

It should. eBay and Amazon will also ding you for late deliveries. And should there be a claim (damages, returns, etc), you're held responsible despite being just far enough outside of the process to do anything about it. It's risky if you're not making fat margins on high volumes of chink shit.

>what country?

To what part of my post are you responding with this exactly?
I never mentioned anything about shipping.

The part where I told the other fags that if they are failing its because they suck?
The part that over saturation is a myth perpetuated by the markets losers?

I guess the other fag mentioned shipping but that's not what I was replying to, ya dingus ;)

Perceived value and the fact that most people have a stigma in doing business with the Chinese.
If you are not Chinese, you have a significant advantage in selling to locals. (In the US btw)
If you make it seem nicer than the Chinese can (via better pictures, customer support, etc.) then you win over the rest of the consumers

this

You said my post was untrue. I said two things:

1. Shoppers don't want to pay shipping.
2. My sales will be down again so I'm cutting my losses.

I mean, you could be an edgy fag and pretend to know my numbers and plans better than I do. This is Veeky Forums afterall, the center of all shitcoin shilling/cucking. But I gave you the benefit of the doubt assuming you were arguing point 1 instead.

Reading comprehension :)

>The part that over saturation is a myth perpetuated by the markets losers?

Do you understand the definition of over saturation? Too many sellers chasing too few customers/dollars. The very existence of winners and losers is proof.

Unless this is another moving the goal posts deal. If only it were free, then you'd have infinite demand. If only college were free, then everybody would smart.

Doesn't drop shipping only work for bigger products?
I run a smaller store that sells accessories for men, the minimum order quantity is often too high.

What the fuck
I gotta get into this shit.

Dropshipping is where you take orders from people online, and then use another website to purchase the same exact item, and have that website ship to your customer direct.

high end fashion? fast fashion? Do you buy shit off of japanese auction sites and sell them on grailed? how do you advertise?