I view life in a detached way. By life I mean living organisms...

I view life in a detached way. By life I mean living organisms. On Earth strands of protein give rise to living organisms like on Jupiter anticyclonic storms give rise to great red spots. Life is simply a phenomenon like weather. There is no abstract reason for it.

Like local weather is shaped by complex weather systems our emotions and thoughts are just as mechanical.

I view humanities as a mistake

So do a lot of other people.

Damn, allthose typos. I need my coffee.

True, but we're also humans living a human life, we can't turn into purely logical robots or anything. Recognise that we seem to be mechanical, but make the best of your subjective experience too. After all, if there's no true reason for anything, there's no reason this detatched viewpoint is objectively better to have on all the time.

>I view life in a detached way.
So what?

Essentially this. Even if we are inherently mechanical, the mechanics of being human involves subjective experience, emotion, art, self reflection, etc. To deny the significance or legitimacy of all of this, and the human condition in general, purely based on materialist principles in the pursuit of an objective ideal is pointless because being human is inherently subjective. The idea of detachment isn't even possible no matter how hard you try, as you are human.

Even if things are deterministic for us and we mean nothing in the grander scheme, our experience is still real. Our self awareness doesn't have to mean anything to be valuable.

It seems fallacious to discredit humanity and human concepts as not being real or legitimate. If you say they mean nothing due to emerging from simpler mechanistic principles then what makes those principles any more real than their emergent properties? Surely those can be further reduced as well? At what level do you reach true reality?

/thread

So you're a hard determinist. Whatever.

You're 100% correct
The real intriguing part is why we think this way, why we feel impelled to find a greater purpose in life than merely existing, that's what's really interesging

Can you get pussy tho?

user has it figured it out

>straw manning this hard

The mechanical view of makes one feel detached from the world, nevertheless it is a start, If religion was where you came from.
Think of one of these fizzle seeds from dandelions. You could say, that this is merely a dum and simply way of reproduction, ensuring the survival of it's species.
That's where the line stops for most people i am aware of who think this way. But you could continue saying that nature is intelligent and therefor evolved these really smart fizzle seeds which can spread effortlessly with the help of wind. So the dumb plant evolved a smart way to reproduce, with the reaction of the presence of wind.
Also the elements we're build of were forged in dying stars.
This makes me feel a little more attached, by still maintaining the mechanical view but adding it up with remembering, that things/we are interconnected, no matter what shape matter takes.

People want more than to merely exist.

So what, I don't understand what you mean. Are you trying to say that you figured out that nature is nature?

You literally just repeated what he said

Most people, even many on Veeky Forums, think that we should all kill ourselves or go around raping if our subjective experience wasn't designed by a personal creator to freely fulfill a set purpose. The freedom to follow a divine purpose is what they've been taught to define themselves by.

When these people take the time and effort to honestly look at the world around them to discover the mechanistic nature of their being, they do not relate to it and feel detached.

Saturnian weather storms don't ponder earth life, though.
Also,

>straw manning intensifies

Atheists gonna atheist.

Like reality, free will is an illusion, albeit a very persistent one

The humanities were a mistake